MODEL TRUCKS

Nice job Andrew, people say these are tricky to put together but that looks fine, I never did get around to doing one. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Nice job Andrew, people say these are tricky to put together but that looks fine, I never did get around to doing one. Franky.

Cheers Frank-this one was warped to buggery,but all the others I’ve done have been fine

Excellent work Andrew

love it Andrew, cracking looking model

First model I’ve built in 30 years, just getting back into it.My son is getting big into it so it has rekindled my enthusiasm.

Latest off my bench, the 1/24 Italeri DAF 95 was an old kit, shortened chassis to 4x2 and scratched the flat roof, got a new Timber Trailer to go with it but swapped the front axle suspension to the rear and took a smidge off the chassis length. I also had an old built Effer HIAB so decided to add it and scratch the grapple jaws and add piping. Cut sprigs from the garden as a timber load. A fictitious company name too but a good project to use up two old kits. Franky.

Superb Franky!

Lovely job mate! :smiley:

Cheers lads quite enjoyed the build, had a bit tidy up this morning mainly looking for the Effer crane transfers, which I didn’t find but printed some off anyway, and came across the DAF roof I couldn’t find previously and scratched a flat one for the build! Don’t know why it was where I found it but that’s modelling I suppose, if its not the carpet monster its the cupboard gremlin, no doubt the transfers will turn up too! Happy Modelling Franky.

Very nice Frank

Another Sandersons model SA400 in the newer livery after being taken over by Bobby Durhams in the mid 70’s.

P1020819.JPG

P1020832.JPG

Shot in the dark here! I don’t suppose anyone knows if you can get hold of decals for Richard Read, Eric Vick and Vijore for 1:50 scale trailers? Give us a shout if you here of any! Cheers :smiley:

Ro

ERF-NGC-European:
Shot in the dark here! I don’t suppose anyone knows if you can get hold of decals for Richard Read, Eric Vick and Vijore for 1:50 scale trailers? Give us a shout if you here of any! Cheers :smiley:

Ro

If you get stuck you can get some bespoke ones made-Chris Moxham-http://www.cbtransfers.co.uk/
I use this guy all the time.he is a bloody magician!!
Doesn’t answer emails instantly,but he will eventually

andrew.s:

ERF-NGC-European:

Ro

If you get stuck you can get some bespoke ones made-Chris Moxham-http://www.cbtransfers.co.uk/
I use this guy all the time.he is a bloody magician!!
Doesn’t answer emails instantly,but he will eventually

Many thanks for that; you’re a star! :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Ro

Finished this model a little while ago ERF A series.

P1030307.JPG

P1030315.JPG

P1030321.JPG

one of mine not as good quality still trying to improve

c series rent trl.jpg

When will the ‘big boys’ in the 1:50 scale truck world (ie Tekno, WSI, Corgi) wake up to the fact that '70s loose rental tilt trailers like Eurofleet, Wilhire and Rentco would probably sell like hot cakes, as they would function as authentic ‘neutral’ trailers in any Middle-East diorama or 1:50 collection? Talking of which, any enterprising Code 3 modeller could no doubt do the job for them!

Indeed: if you flip through any book on Middle-East trucking or scroll through any thread on the subject, just about every other unit has one of these three rental tilts behind it. They formed by far the most ubiquitous trailer liveries on the job.

005.jpg

And a Eurofleet example at Harem, Istanbul:

013_Harem_Hotel_Istanbul1.jpg

There ya go Lurpak! It was only on the 2nd page. :wink:

Old steed of mine and just completed yesterday. Even though it used to burst into tears when it seen a hill it was a good reliable motor and I never had any problems with it. Franky.

Nice job on that Frank