MODEL TRUCKS

A couple from my workbench. They are mostly part of various model railway projects
Your pics haven’t shown up, try converting them to jpeg and put them on the site from your Pictures folder. Franky.

Frankydobo:
A couple from my workbench. They are mostly part of various model railway projects
Your pics haven’t shown up, try converting them to jpeg and put them on the site from your Pictures folder. Franky.

Thanks Franky, hopefully viewable now:

20201231_064454.jpg

The latest from my ‘Den’, MAN 16.321 in Grady Hall livery although I’m not sure they ran this model as a 4x2 I have seen 6x2 rear steers. Italeri 1/24 scale kit converted to UK spec. Not too bad a model to build and a bit in cab detail added. Franky.

Nice model that Franky must admit the MAN does go together quite well i built one last year.

Nice model that Franky must admit the MAN does go together quite well i built one last year.

Started my Scania 141 rigid model, layed the chassis down and decided where the axles are going, only have one made up axle which I pinched off my model trailer.
Take about until July I think to get it done.

[attachment=1]161482727_244708890727020_1410689625375930482_n.jpg[/attachment

Front suspension on model 141, got to figure out how to attach the axle now, it has to articulate as well as go up and down

Trying bits to make front wheels look something like, nuts too big I think, I’ll try 13mm instead and see what they look like.
The centres are one side of a sack barrow split rim, got another one somewhere if I haven’t thrown it away

Building front axle up and setting the width, brake linings like new so should stop ok

Finished this model awhile ago Imperial Tankers Strato.

P1020500.JPG

jshepguis:
Finished this model awhile ago Imperial Tankers Strato.

Have to say this is absolutely brilliant!

Probably been asked before but as I am a lazy b*gger :smiley: I haven’t trawled the post to see if there is an answer to this.
Can anyone suggest where I can get Transfers made up.
I have thought about learning to make up my own but the stumbling block appears to be printing white on the clear transfer paper!
There used to be a company that produced printers that printed white ink - Oki - but long gone apparently.
And then there is the time aspect. Learning how to draw up the company lettering, sizing, etc.
Perhaps someone who HAS mastered the art could give advice?

teech:
Probably been asked before but as I am a lazy b*gger :smiley: I haven’t trawled the post to see if there is an answer to this.
I have thought about learning to make up my own but the stumbling block appears to be printing white on the clear transfer paper!
There used to be a company that produced printers that printed white ink - Oki - but long gone apparently.
And then there is the time aspect. Learning how to draw up the company lettering, sizing, etc.

Teech i use a guy called Chris Moxham ( decalman@hotmail.uk) another is Dodgers decals, both have websites. Laser printers can now get a white toner called ghost white but with cost of printer then the toner is not cheap it can be a cost prohibitive, unless you are going to do a lot. Hope this helps a little.

Took the dolly from under my trailer, it released easy even after standing in the open for over 18 months

More of a toy than a model but I’m building a 141 Scania 6x4 rigid with trailer, I’m moving the fifth wheel back and making the dolly shorter and also an A frame, taking forever getting wheels lined up in chassis.

jshepguis:

teech:

Teech i use a guy called Chris Moxham ( decalman@hotmail.uk) another is Dodgers decals, both have websites. Laser printers can now get a white toner called ghost white but with cost of printer then the toner is not cheap it can be a cost prohibitive, unless you are going to do a lot. Hope this helps a little.

Very helpful. Thanks.
I might consider doing my own if I can get a printer, because I model in a variety of scales, and have quite a few models to do.
Probably one to consider for when I retire! :smiley:

Looking like a truck rolling chassis now

195502591_299528821911693_6100313534876070540_n.jpg

Engine going in

194546514_299531361911439_1804536391092093697_n.jpg

Grill coming along

No cab yet but roof rack almost done

Models made by Neil cooke
In memory of dad driving for Halls

RMC-GAZ:
Models made by Neil cooke
In memory of dad driving for Halls