MODEL TRUCKS

almost finished

P1010552(1).JPG

P1010553(1).JPG

Would anyone know where you can get a 1/24 albion revier or a clydesdale
Tia Gary

At present the answer is no, there seems to be a move away from classic era lorries now in the truck modelling scene probably due to the age bracket of current modellers. 70’s/80’s era models can still be found and the 50’s Bedford O Series kits are again doing the rounds but the 60’s is lacking again. Ten or more years ago there were resin 1/24 Transkits that covered what your looking for but they are not available now going out of production a while back. The moulds for the Ergo cab AEC/Leyland Transkit are now owned by an Australian aftermarket company but there has been no word of when casting new kits will begin. An E-Bay search might find someone selling an old unbuilt kit but highly unlikely. Franky.

Franky, isn’t there a Leyland G cab kit around from Modellers Resource, not an Albion I know.

I did go onto the site earlier to check what was still in stock but the site is doing maintenance so I couldn’t get a look at anything, they did do the Ford D Series too. Kingdom Trucks did a good LAD cab and the Ergo then Howard at KFS got the Ergo moulds, I helped him out with some info at the time, but he only did a short run before selling them off to Auslow in Oz and they haven’t done anything with them yet. Andrew at Kingdom also stopped producing and only does commission work now, shame both these guys turned out very good kits. Franky.

These are what was available, not my models just plucked from Kingdom Trucks site, Modellers Resource may have this G Cab from Kingdom, don’t know what happened to the LAD moulds. Franky.

Gaydon2.jpg

KDT55modelbyRobMorrison.jpg

pte.jpg

Thanks for info on reiver :frowning:
Gary

andrew.s:
Finished a 30ft single axle trailer to go with my Bedford KM-need to pull my finger out and get the Bedford finished now-0123

No doubt fertilizer bags on the trailer,can be very slippery,so sheeted by an old school driver no less!

so authentic.

David

5thwheel:

andrew.s:
Finished a 30ft single axle trailer to go with my Bedford KM-need to pull my finger out and get the Bedford finished now-0123

No doubt fertilizer bags on the trailer,can be very slippery,so sheeted by an old school driver no less!

so authentic.

David

Thanks for the compliments David-much appreciated
It’s actually supposed to be 16 tons of potatoes en route to Covent Garden or Spitalfields :smiley:

Re: 1:50 scale KYSOR roof-mounted 1970s air-con units -

KFC of Holland, Tekno and Corgi all produce 1:50 scale Kysor roof-mounted air-con units for their 1970s/'80s period models. Strangely, WSI doesn’t seem to (unless I’m missing something). But no one seems to be selling them loose for code 3 modelling. This is incredibly irritating, as short of cannibalising already good Middle-East spec models, there appears to be no way of sourcing them. The available coarse-build resin alternatives are out-of-scale and of crap quality.

Anyone know how to get hold of good ones?

Oh, and if anyone’s interested, I’ve discovered a simple way of authenticating the off the shelf Kysors I’ve mentioned above: just snip a 2 cm length of wire off a 1:50 scale susie and straighten it; then shape it to the top and back of the cab, plug it into the back of the a/c and glue it down. Done!

Rowena

Just completed this little 1/24 scale O Series Bedford as a fictional Whisky Distillers motor, I stretched the Emhar Dominion Bedford kit for the tank trailer and used the Bedford Wrecker kit chassis for the unit, those kits will be built later. Having built a Bedford Scammell OSS previously I decided this one would be a permanently coupled trailer as many tanker companies chose and still do for certain operations, the lack of landing gear saving weight. An enjoyable build with some extra detail added on the engine. Franky.

andrew.s:

5thwheel:

andrew.s:

so authentic.

David

Thanks for the compliments David-much appreciated
It’s actually supposed to be 16 tons of potatoes en route to Covent Garden or Spitalfields :smiley:

It is whatever you want it to be Andrew,either way a cracking model nonetheless.

David

Just a quick heads up for Lorry/Truck modellers, there is a new magazine New Model Truck World being introduced to the shelves January 2021. The magazine is published by Guideline Publications who took over the Truck Model World mag after its demise and gave it a slight name change. Guideline will be happy to receive articles etc from modellers for future issues. We have yet to see how the mag content plays out regarding scales but no doubt the popular 1/24, 1/25 and 1/50 scales will be well covered, its hoping the new magazine will prove as popular as the older issues of TMW before many of the hiccups involving ownership. I know some on this site have asked if any large scale truck model mags are available, lets hope this new publication pleases. Franky.

Thats great news to hear, thanks Frank.
I have not actually seen a magazine since Peter White stepped away, for whatever reason the new owners just knocked off my subscription.
Will be nice to see it revived in whatever fashion it will be, fingers crossed they do it well.

Some more pics of my KM-nearly finished now…

00A6D14B-DD3D-457E-AD97-D8F6FC2DD8C4.jpeg

andrew.s:
Some more pics of my KM-nearly finished now…0324

Beautiful model, that. I remember delivering the Commercial Motor Earls Court Show special on my paper round back in Autumn '68. It showed the (then) new KM on the front cover. I was vastly impressed with this sexed-up TK!

ERF-NGC-European:

andrew.s:
Some more pics of my KM-nearly finished now…0324

Beautiful model, that. I remember delivering the Commercial Motor Earls Court Show special on my paper round back in Autumn '68. It showed the (then) new KM on the front cover. I was vastly impressed with this sexed-up TK!

Many thanks Robert-my father ran this Bedford for quite a while,then he had done a deal on a secondhand scania 110 super,using this as a deposit.my mother talked him out of it and he blew the KM up two weeks later!!
Needless to say it was the last time she was involved in any decisions about buying lorries!

Finished this model awhile ago.

P1020291.JPG

P1020293.JPG

P1020287.JPG

I want to build a Scania 141 this size, starting when the weather gets better

Pie.jpg

landowner:
I want to build a Scania 141 this size, starting when the weather gets better

Pie in the sky, mate! We mustn’t confuse model trucks with truck models :laughing:

A couple from my workbench. They are mostly part of various model railway projects

1:76 Sed atki 401 with scratchbuilt skelly in the livery of George Taylors

1:43 Bedford TK Hiab. The base model is an IXO TK, converted to right hand drive with scratchbuilt body and crane

Current project 1:43 Bedford TJ tipper in R.E.Hill from Dundry livery