MODEL TRUCKS

A few “in progress “ pics of my Bedford KM artic .this was the first lorry my father owned.it will have a properly roped and sheeted 30ft single axle trailer eventually aswell.

I like that Andrew, a cracking looking bit of kit.

tc trans:
I like that Andrew, a cracking looking bit of kit.

Cheers Tony
This ones for me-believe it or not I don’t have any models in my house-I’ve got a nice space reserved on my bookshelf for this when it’s done

Just finished this model of a fleet motor of Bertschi’s.

P1020210.JPG

P1020202.JPG

P1020214.JPG

P1020211.JPG

That looks nice, and a great photo setting too, well done lovely job

Quality models there, that KM is bloody lovely though, love the two speed axle switch, that kind of detail is just mind blowing.

newmercman:
Quality models there, that KM is bloody lovely though, love the two speed axle switch, that kind of detail is just mind blowing.

I must admit I rarely look at the model thread but seeing that KM,as well as the other models by various lads, I agree 100% with the detail being ■■■■ on,even down to the location ministry plate to rip the back of your hand open with its sharp edges!

pete smith:

newmercman:

I must admit I rarely look at the model thread but seeing that KM,as well as the other models by various lads, I agree 100% with the detail being ■■■■ on,even down to the location ministry plate to rip the back of your hand open with its sharp edges!

Thanks for the kind comments chaps.
I’ve managed to get my feet tangled up in the ropes and plunged out of the passenger door of a KM many a time when I was a child hahahahaha :smiley:

With isolation and lockdown still in place for some, if there’s a modeller out there who fancies grabbing a Corgi 1:50 scale Wynn’s Crusader unit (only - I don’t need a trailer) for me and weathering it, I’d be happy to pay a respectable fee. The chassis and wheels are the main thing, with some lower cab patina / traffic film. If you feel up to doing the windscreen, all the better. PM me if you’re up for the challenge! Ro

Just completed this Van Hee 112 and Spread Axle Trailer, it was a refurb of an old build but now converted to RHD and engine to a straight six instead of the kit V8. The real unit was driven from new by Alan Walton but I did drive it during his holidays and when he unfortunately broke his arm after a fall. These 112’s gave Van Hee good service and the trailers were converted tilts previously used on the Middle East runs and changed to flats when the work ended. It was nice to get the model into the correct configuration it had bugged me too long. Franky.

Brilliant model that Franky. Remember seeing these about regularly.

Used to see loads of Vanhee on the road, always liked the colour of their livery, thats a cracking model Frank, looks spot on.

Cheers lads, yes for a plain paint job they did stand out, mind I did say to Tony VanHee one day did he not fancy a new brighter livery and he good humouredly feigned disgust at my suggestion ha! It did have a slight change of the lettering to a logo on the doors but the colours remained the same until the company closed. Franky.

Bit of a diorama scene with this model. Served my time as a fitter so worked on plenty of D series that the then Cleveland council had at the Engineers depot in Middlesbrough.

P1020323.JPG

P1020320.JPG

P1020319.JPG

P1020314.JPG

Frankydobo:
Just completed this Van Hee 112 and Spread Axle Trailer, it was a refurb of an old build but now converted to RHD and engine to a straight six instead of the kit V8. The real unit was driven from new by Alan Walton but I did drive it during his holidays and when he unfortunately broke his arm after a fall. These 112’s gave Van Hee good service and the trailers were converted tilts previously used on the Middle East runs and changed to flats when the work ended. It was nice to get the model into the correct configuration it had bugged me too long. Franky.

Brilliant job there Franky, remember them well, something odd about the tag axles they had, as if it was built for twins but only had the inner wheels on? Am I Right on this or dreaming it?

Jshepguis that’s excellent work there, a good build and the scene is very true to life.

I’ve thought about one of those kits, but I’m not a lover of the front view, it looks a bit strange like something isn’t quite right, the side view is spot on, but that front view messes with my Melon and they’re not cheap either.

Short Walk wrote; Brilliant job there Franky, remember them well, something odd about the tag axles they had, as if it was built for twins but only had the inner wheels on? Am I Right on this or dreaming it?

They did only have the single wheel on the rear lift facing outwards, some companies had the single wheel facing inwards like the inner of double’s or some had both wheels fitted, these rear lift axle set ups were much better than the rear steer types most UK builds went for, you never had any traction problems and were great for tight reversing with the axle up. Franky.

Finished a 30ft single axle trailer to go with my Bedford KM-need to pull my finger out and get the Bedford finished now-

6AEA080C-F90C-43E2-97DA-2E6AEF155188.jpeg
E5F882B6-2920-463F-9615-5DFF77F2B991.jpeg

Would anyone know where you can get a 1/24 albion revier or a clydesdale
Tia Gary