MODEL TRUCKS

That Atki is very very good. Hopefully the new owners of the KFS moulds will start releasing stuff soon, those resin transkits are awesome. I’ve got a few myself that are waiting to get on the production line.

newmercman:
That Atki is very very good. Hopefully the new owners of the KFS moulds will start releasing stuff soon, those resin transkits are awesome. I’ve got a few myself that are waiting to get on the production line.

Thanks for comment NMM, as for new resin kits Steve at Modellers Resource has obtained a few of KFS moulds and is in process of releasing the Seddon Atkinson 401 kit now. KFS are also going to release a Bedford TK and KM this summer.

Yeah I’ve been keeping up to date on the Facebook groups and on the websites. I’ve been waiting for the Seddon Atki to be released for a while.

Its on sale now from Modellers Resource for £90, can’t really justify the price myself and with a £50 Italeri kit too as a donar but it is a very nice kit to build and one of the best Howard at KFS produced. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Its on sale now from Modellers Resource for £90, can’t really justify the price myself and with a £50 Italeri kit too as a donar but it is a very nice kit to build and one of the best Howard at KFS produced. Franky.

i’d like a SA 400 day-cab to replicate my old motor at Carryfast :sunglasses:

carryfast-yeti:

Here’s a day cab 400 I made-from a KFS 401 kit -quite a bit of chopping involved,and the front grille was a proper pain in the arse!!

andrew.s:

carryfast-yeti:

Here’s a day cab 400 I made-from a KFS 401 kit -quite a bit of chopping involved,and the front grille was a proper pain in the arse!!0

that is superb! :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:
that is superb! :smiley:

Thanks very much! Couple more pics…

E5FF61E9-2B18-4F4E-951A-E95315660C1F.png

EC678853-A0DA-4267-9837-089B68C7A0C0.png
As frank said above,an excellent kit to build.Initially I wasn’t that keen on building this,but I really did enjoy it.

Just finished this model this my fathers first new lorry he had it for 3 years on night trunk from North Yorkshire to Newport South Wales,used to love going with him during the school holidays, hope you like it.

P1020146.JPG

P1020140.JPG

P1020136.JPG

P1020129.JPG

P1020138.JPG

love the Atki! :smiley:
a letter writer in one of this month’s Classic’s,has asked the Ed about doing regular model lorry features…but he replied there are already magazines covering model lorries :astonished: i haven’t seen these mag’s in the papershop i visit.any titles please?

There is or was a magazine called truck model world. Assume that is the one they mean.
Only seen it in w h smiths.

Steve

Unfortunately Truck Model World magazine finished about this time last year so there is no dedicated publications for trucks as such unfortunately. I am a member of the 1/24th scale truck model forum and there is also a truck model archive forum which is dedicated to photo,s of loads of stunning builds, facebook i think is the next option, i don,t do faceache though!

Hi,

Just found this thread, had been looking fro truck model world for a while only to realise it’s gone as per the last post. It’s been about 17yrs since I built any models and they were all 1/24 but due to space etc that’s not practical any more.

After building a small collection of WSI and Tekno I decided to do one of my own over the winter… great decision… really enjoyed creating something again. Posted a few pics below of the finished article.

Decided on Robin Borthwicks Daf 3600. It started as a Tekno model kit which was very good quality. Only items on the cab were that I needed 2 fuel tanks and a set of wheel trims, after some searching I found a 3D print service. I designed the fuel tanks and wheel covers myself and sent the files to the printing service to have them produced… couldn’t do that 17yrs ago…

Declas were again designed by myself and sent for printing into water slide decals, quality was excellent but I did get some decal bubbling on some of the cab panels which was my fault…

The trailer was to be a Boalloy Tautliner, I started with Tekno kit which was a modern european trailer. So I designed the bulkhead, rear end and Fruehauf tailboard and had them 3D printed as well.

Really please with the result. Next project already started…

lovely models,scotty :slight_smile:

Bought this coil load of e bay painted it green added the straps and used cotton for the ropes 1,50 scale

A2CC7FD9-FC9C-48AE-B8D9-48FBE373E115.jpeg

Was hard enough for me doing dollies in 1/24th scale wouldn’t like to think how hard in 1/50th :laughing: :laughing:

Just completed these two old kits which needed a facelift, made up company name and livery as I couldn’t get out to buy the paints for a local company I had in mind. Kept me busy during this lockdown period though. Tipper trailer was made from a 50 year old AMT Post Van kit, one of my original model truck kits. Franky.

Really like that frank!!

Cheers Andrew kept it pretty plain and simple just to get it built, they had been stuck in a box for too long ha! Franky.

Thats a nice model Frank, do like an old Daf, and great use of an old trailer, cracking looking motor.