MODEL TRUCKS

I like the TK, just need a trailer

My GUY Big J I finished recently, scratched cab apart from the front grille panel which I had cut off from the original when making a Seddon cab. Not sure if Cazaly Bros ran any GUY’s but the livery was always one I remembered and it suited the period of the model. Franky.

Love it frank-looks enough like a big j to make me not to want to drive it!!!
Excellent model mate

Model of one of my dad’s trucks

Still work in progress but I am making this Bedford TK dropside with a couple of dead cars on it. It is 1:43 and based around an IXO model, work so far has included a partial repaint and scratch building the rear body and crane. More work to do on the crane and some weathering to follow:

Imgur

37114 Wrote; Still work in progress but I am making this Bedford TK dropside with a couple of dead cars on it. It is 1:43 and based around an IXO model, work so far has included a partial repaint and scratch building the rear body and crane. More work to do on the crane and some weathering to follow:

Used to do that during my Fire Service time, collecting cars donated by the public for the Training Centre RTC courses, we would get through quite a few, collected on a Flatbed Dennis and rear mounted Moffatt FLT, very handy tool. We also got vehicles supplied by the Customs and Excise that had been caught transporting dodgy items, some went to a lot of trouble to hide stuff! Franky.

Built this WWII National Fire Service Water Carrier unit during the Xmas holiday (telly was naff) the cab is scratch built taken from a GUY Otter design, the tank and fire equipment from the 1/24 scale Opel Blitz Firetruck, an enjoyable build. Franky.

Here’s the last model I completed in 2019 - 1/76 scale Commer racing car transporter, Ecurie Ecosse. Entirely scratchbuilt in plastic card with the exception of wheels and axles. The Jaguars are built from obsolete Piccolino whitemetal kits, and the Austin Healey Sprite Le Mans in the doorway is converted from the EFE diecast Frogeye. The scenic base depicts Merchiston Mews in Edinburgh, where the team was based.

mnm.JPG

fv.JPG

Frankydobo:
My GUY Big J I finished recently, scratched cab apart from the front grille panel which I had cut off from the original when making a Seddon cab. Not sure if Cazaly Bros ran any GUY’s but the livery was always one I remembered and it suited the period of the model. Franky.

They had a Volvo F88 and a few86 units plus erf around 73/74 they tried Mercedes not sure if it was a1418 or a1924 and a magiurs duetz both
painted in Cazaly colours. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: - :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The model looks great ,but has the wrong engine in it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha cheers Brian, not a ■■■■■■■ fan then, I pondered on a 8LXB but thought better of it! Franky.

Recently finished this model of one of my fathers lorries he drove. BPY 958L was a Gardner 180 powered unit which he got from new and was on Sandersons Lichfield changeover with S Protheroes of Porthcawl. Spent many a happy night and day in this particular lorry, hope you like it.

Nicely done outfit, those KFS Atkinson kits were excellent castings too, is the York trailer a Modellers Resource kit its a good representation of the real thing. Franky.

Thanks Franky yes trailer is the modellers resource kit glad you like it.

that Atkinson looks fantastic! what scale is it please?

carryfast-yeti:

It’s a 1/24th scale, resin transkit where you get the cab and some auxilliary parts and fit them to a donor chassis from the main stream model suppliers, the chassis fro this kit is from an Italeri FH series Volvo.

jshepguis:

carryfast-yeti:

It’s a 1/24th scale, resin transkit where you get the cab and some auxilliary parts and fit them to a donor chassis from the main stream model suppliers, the chassis fro this kit is from an Italeri FH series Volvo.

thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Two Merc kfs with kits

P1010530(1).JPG

Just completed this Merc unit, converted from the Revell 1/24 1854 4x2 kit. A fictitious company name for a Metal and Steel manufacturing firm. The model had been part built and stored for a few years so it was overdue to get it back on the bench and completed. Franky.

Nice model that Franky haven’t built an Actros yet will have to have a go at one sometime.