MOD Vehicles

Bumped To The Top :slight_smile: anybody got more photos ? :smiley:

kf28:
Heres some more guys, let me know what you think!

What’s it like in one of them?
Often seen a few on the motorway and iv wondered

amazing pics there lads …keep them coming…

Notice the ones in Iraq all have some sort of GPS transpnder on the roof…■■?

I aint got any MOD trucks to share…:frowning:

Hi kf28,
can you tell me why the locker lid is always removed on the high datum Roadtrain/Scammell cab? I have never seen one yet with the lid left on.

Second thought on looking at one of big Al’s photo above it could have been turned into step.

Russell.

Don’t know who’s army!

Picture 172.jpg

Picture 174.jpg

A lot of mine are mostly retired MOD vehicles, or in restricted service.

Swiss comms trucks on the move through the Brecon Beacons about 6 years ago.

Other vintage vehicles

The infamous pink SAS landies

HDR of a pair of military thingies on a truck

Yes, it’s a little vehicle but still a vehicle… ? :wink:

C10HOO:

Not much of the lorry there is there!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Perhaps you have something of a better angle on the… er… key subject at…er… at hand… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Who put the toy soldiers in the pic?

Nice Try Mr 8Wheels; they were standing on top of the tanker cab watching the flyby :wink:

Couple of Australian MOD vehicles might be of interest :

1. Thales Bushmaster

Built in Australia & currentley in Afghanistan with Aussie & Dutch troops. Named after the Pit Viper snake, comes in half a dozen varieties i.e.
troop carrier, pioneer assault vehcile, ambulance, mortar resitant.

![Bushmaster_].jpg|640x439](upload://zh8QgwYGV2wKvE4dFresXYYTSYJ.jpeg)

1. Thales Hawkei (pronounced Hawkeye)

Again built in Australia and undergoing extensive testing, expected to replace LandRovers in 2015. Named after the Death Adder snake.

hawkei[1].jpg

Powered by Caterpiller 6 cyl. V6 developing 300 bhp & capable of 100 kph

Army 6 Tonne support vehicle by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

Army Leyland DAF 4 Tonne support vehicle by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

RLC Bomb disposal by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

Oshkosh Tactical Air Refueller by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

Oshkosh Tactical Air Refueller by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

Army Leyland DAF MMLC by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

we had a driver come to us a while back and he used to work for a firm from port tabot in south wales runtech i think who used to haul for the MOD mercs mainly i think with hiabs… he left us to go back to them… plus dont kings heavy haulage from bristol haul for the MOD?

terriers:
we had a driver come to us a while back and he used to work for a firm from port tabot in south wales runtech i think who used to haul for the MOD mercs mainly i think with hiabs… he left us to go back to them… plus dont kings heavy haulage from bristol haul for the MOD?

Seen a few Metcalfe Farms Units with Military stuff on also

Metcalfe farms Scania 480 with Army MAN 6 tonne support vehicle by Mark-Hobbs, on Flickr

Had a thought this morning as a RAF Bomb Disposal Truck went past me with blues+twos on like I was standing still, We don’t have any topics on here with pics of them :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Soooooo Anyone got any photos to share of anything from the MOD ? Bomb Disposal, Tank Carriers etc etc ? :smiley: Thankyou :wink:

Thankyou nickyboy! exactly what I wanted to see :stuck_out_tongue:

Strange that the Tank Carrier is not on Mod plates ? :open_mouth:

Lycanthrope:
Strange that the Tank Carrier is not on Mod plates ? :open_mouth:

The fleet of HETS & LETS (transporters) are a PFI contract (Private Finance Initiative). As such, they are civillian vehicle that are ‘leased’ back to the military.

Many aspects of the MoD are based on PFIs, including camps/buildings/depots. A certain unit based in the East Midlands was in desperate need of a rebuild - they were living/working in wooden huts dating back to the 1940’s but there was nowhere near enough money in the budget for a rebuild. Along comes a private company who build a new camp which they then rent back to the MoD. they also get exclusivity to supply the maintenance, civilian staff, cook-houses, etc etc for 25 years. After 25 years, depending on the initial contract, the MoD can buy the building very cheap or maybe get it for nothing.

Obviously ‘whole life costs’ are near double compared to the MoD building the place themselves, however, as we all know there isn’t the initial budget to build the camp in the first place so they [MoD] don’t have much choice.

It’s not just the MoD that use PFIs - schools, hospitals, etc all do the same.

Some pictures . . . . .

83.JPG

30002443.JPG

30002494.JPG

398.JPG

393.JPG

1354.JPG

392.JPG

1280.JPG