Mobile speed camera van got me?

I was driving at 50mph on a 50mph road and didn’t see the Camara van until the last minute, my question is will i be done as I should of been doing 40mph or will it just be set at the 50mph limit for cars?

Well no since the limits 50 as well!

Baldy91:
I was driving at 50mph on a 50mph road and didn’t see the Camara van until the last minute, my question is will i be done as I should of been doing 40mph or will it just be set at the 50mph limit for cars?

Been living under a rock for the past 3 months?

Hasn’t the limit only changed for Hgv on national speed limit roads from 40 to 50?

Single carriageway is 50 unless signed otherwise, so if it says 50 its 50

Baldy91:

Wakey Wakey don`t you or your Boss keep upto date with new regs ■■? I no longer drive LGV but even I know the new speed limit

Where was the location?

Ken.

You’re fine unless you were in Scotland, other than on the A9 (I think).

It was on the a515 between Buxton and Ashbourne

Should have been doing 56mph.

mrginge:

And still get passed by a Lomas Distribution wagon

Baldy91:

I have just checked the camera locations via PocketGPSWorld, and they have them listed as a 50mph road, so you should be ok.

Ken.

I go down that road quite often and you should be fine!!

I started working for a company in April. They didn’t believe me that the speed limits had changed. Even though I showed the TM the gov website! Safe to say, I didn’t stay for more than a few weeks!

Baldy91:
Hasn’t the limit only changed for Hgv on national speed limit roads from 40 to 50?

:unamused: so your the trolly dolly holding every bugger up is it :open_mouth: you will be ok all roads with a 50 mph in olace thats what you can do get on a d.c mph 60 you can allso do 60 :smiley: :smiley:

Uncleskid:

mrginge:

And still get passed by a Lomas Distribution wagon

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: was not me was it :smiley: :smiley:

Baldy91:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: buger mite of bin me then

Baldy91:

I’ve been through plenty of speed cameras at between 40 and 50 since the speed limit changed and I’ve yet to receive a speeding ticket. I’m guessing the police forces were told the speed limit for trucks was changing before the event so they could reconfigure their cameras or their computer systems that they check the registration numbers against, and even if you got a ticket you could simply write back and point out that the speed limit changed. Bottom line is if the speed limit is 50 or higher on a single-carriageway road and you were doing 50, you’re safe.

Conor:

Baldy91:

Been living under a rock for the past 3 months?

That’s very harsh…2 months maybe!

was the window on the camera van open. ? if the camera window is shut it means its not filming anyone