Mobile Phones

What phone company do you use. I am with Vodafone because I was given to understand they had the best signal. It’s bloody useless :unamused: you only have to pass a lamp post and the signal’s gone, so is the phone now out the bloody window, I have to short a fuse to put up with this rubbish. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

O2 but I’m the same on a 4G contract but sometimes still struggle to get 3G in places, I hear either Three or EE are best for signal coverage and data coverage

I’m with Vodafone and can’t fault the signal I get with them. I used to be o2 and the signal was crap with them, which I found strange as the both share masts apparently. To be fair, I’m very rarely out with the Glasgow area so can’t comment on what the signal is like elsewhere. Plus my missus works for Glasgow City Council and gets me a 20% discount on my line rental through the Vodafone Employee Advantage Scheme.

we run on t mobile with our work phones, really good signal and internet coverage use it to tether to my laptop at night not many places I don’t get a signal. apart from at my house, but then again I live at the bottom of a valley and in the middle of nowhere :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

damoq:
I’m with Vodafone and can’t fault the signal I get with them. I used to be o2 and the signal was crap with them, which I found strange as the both share masts apparently.

As above, and I normally have no problem getting a Vodafone signal in East Anglia… and I get to some pretty remote locations sometimes. Although every now and again it does disappear in some really high traffic areas, which can be frustrating!

I’ve used 3 since day 1 (cus it was mega cheap). Signal very good now and use phone as a dongle (tethering) all you can eat data.

damoq:
I’m with Vodafone and can’t fault the signal I get with them. I used to be o2 and the signal was crap with them.

+1

Done Orange, 02, 3 and have been on Vodafone for the last umpteen years.

With all networks there’s gonna be dead spots etc but I’ve never had much of a prob with VF yeah signal can drop off some times but I know where this is going to happen etc.

I get unlimited V2V min 600min x network unlimited text and enough data.

now in 2 months the contract is up and I’m looking to pos change to
Virgin 30day sim only contract unlimited calls x network unlimited text and unlimited data for £15 pm
VF have a similar sim only deal at £23…
£9 quids a lot … anyone on Virgin give a verdict ?

South west area…

damoq:
I’m with Vodafone and can’t fault the signal I get with them. I used to be o2 and the signal was crap with them, which I found strange as the both share masts apparently. To be fair, I’m very rarely out with the Glasgow area so can’t comment on what the signal is like elsewhere. Plus my missus works for Glasgow City Council and gets me a 20% discount on my line rental through the Vodafone Employee Advantage Scheme.

Same here, Voda is the only network that gets a signal in my house, Guys at my work don’t get a signal in the depo, they need to go up the other end of the yard to use their phones… I don’t. Think they are quite pricey though

I’ve got EE on the double 4G plan, not many places I can’t get a signal except at home but to be fair when I had O2 I couldn’t get a signal here…
My iPad is on EE as well and there is literally NOWHERE it can’t get a signal :sunglasses:

The signal isn’t just down to the network, but also the phone you are using, I’m on Vodafone and when I had Nokia’s the signal was good in most places got a Blackberry and it was crap almost everywhere, got a Nokia again and have a decent signal in places where the Blackberry would work.

muckles:
The signal isn’t just down to the network, but also the phone you are using, I’m on Vodafone and when I had Nokia’s the signal was good in most places got a Blackberry and it was crap almost everywhere, got a Nokia again and have a decent signal in places where the Blackberry would work.

I agree with this, just got a sony z1 instead of a iphone 4 (on 3) and im getting signal where I didn’t before.

I’m with Orange or EE as its now called. Used to be good, but lately they have had problems in various parts of the UK.

Slightly off topic does anyone else have a galaxy s3 and have battery problems? I’m talking around 8-10 hours on a full charge and just recently it won’t charge in the cab, I’ve tried 3 different chargers. Time to get rid I think

My work phone is 02, my own is on giffgaff, this is a piggyback on 02 and has so far been sound, 250mins 500text and unlimited internet for 12quid a month.

EE here and never a problem with signal get 4g too the let down for me is the iPhone 5 is crap.

alterego:
Slightly off topic does anyone else have a galaxy s3 and have battery problems? I’m talking around 8-10 hours on a full charge and just recently it won’t charge in the cab, I’ve tried 3 different chargers. Time to get rid I think

Mine started playing up last month. Lucky to get through the day on a full charge. Also when I turned my phone off with the battery at around 5%, when I powered it up after an hour, it would mysteriously have 50% charge. That was without charging it! I backed up my phones content and then done a factory reset. Seems to have cured the problem up to now. I ditched the original charger over a year ago cos it wasn’t charging the phone properly. I now use the Samsung charger that came with my Bluetooth headset for my phone now.

alterego:

HTC chargers work best, I use the wifes’ as the Samsung one is crap. My biggest bugbear
is that after a while, my S3 says our internet signal at home is unstable. It’s not as the wife has no problem with hers. I’m with Orange/EE whatever they’re called and the signal goes from full to nothing simply by turning around in some places.

3, can’t fault them

I’m with Orange, Orange never used used to be very good until they joined forces with T-Mobile and became EE, I can’t fault the network now.

3 mobile best value only problem there call centres are in India so if u have a problem can be hard work talking to them other than that there spot on