Mobile Phones

Missus has O2, I have 3. I get a signal in places she doesn’t. Can’t fault 3 apart from the calls to upgrade. Why they think going from a £23 contract to £35 contract is great, I’ll never know. :unamused: :unamused:

Ady Williams:
EE here and never a problem with signal get 4g too the let down for me is the iPhone 5 is crap.

Why do you say that? I love mine & will never change from an apple phone. Don’t get me started on mac book air either…

Silver_Surfer:
I love mine & will never change from an apple phone…

+1. I’m on EE & I think it’s crap, hard to get a good solid connection in most places & it’s expensive. Network was on its arse Wednesday just gone.

EE here, all networks have their ups and downs, they’ve had far less downs for me so stuck with them.

Apart from the bloody horrid Samsung S4 I got to replace a HTC One. Worst move I ever made.

dew:
EE here, all networks have their ups and downs, they’ve had far less downs for me so stuck with them.

Apart from the bloody horrid Samsung S4 I got to replace a HTC One. Worst move I ever made.

After many years with my trusty £10 nokia I finally gave into pressure and got an s4 mini. Absolutely rubbish, touch your ear with the phone whilst in a call and you can hear all sorts of applications opening up. It drops calls for no reason and despite being only 3 weeks old the battery life is dire (even with almost everything switched off). Think I’ll go back to my old one and keep using my I pad for the tech stuff. :imp:

dew:

I agree about the samsung galaxy s4, I’ve got the mini version and it keeps losing its signal completely and dropping out of calls every now and again… :imp:

I have had IPhones from the very first one, but I’ll never have another, they were market leaders with innovation, but now they are being surpassed by most other smart phones, and after recent updates the actual phone usage is getting worse not better. It’s no longer that smart and it’s a poor phone too :unamused:

dowahdiddyman:
My work phone is 02, my own is on giffgaff, this is a piggyback on 02 and has so far been sound, 250mins 500text and unlimited internet for 12quid a month.

Another vote hear for giffgaff. Main advantage for me is you top it up like a PAYG then use your airtime to purchase a goodybag (essentially a 1 month contract) No ties, you can have a goodybag 1 month and not the next, you can have a different one each month if you want, no hassle

I’ve stayed with Orange (EE) for donkeys years, don’t want a smart phone so instead when i renew (always via Orange renewals who are excellent) i get more minutes thrown in instead and a lower price every time, could now talk all month long and never go over, plus completely free unlimited broadband at home (rent landline from Orange), have no desire to change, no one could match the package.

Orange do seem to appreciate loyalty by looking after existing long term customers, now if only they’d get into car insurance.

Juddian:
I’ve stayed with Orange (EE) for donkeys years, don’t want a smart phone so instead when i renew (always via Orange renewals who are excellent) i get more minutes thrown in instead and a lower price every time, could now talk all month long and never go over, plus completely free unlimited broadband at home (rent landline from Orange), have no desire to change, no one could match the package.

Orange do seem to appreciate loyalty by looking after existing long term customers, now if only they’d get into car insurance.

Like Juddian I`am with Orange and have been for years , travel to all parts of the country some very but very remote and as yet never lost a signal . Also the company I work for use Orange for their cab phones with the same excellent results .

Hi, I have Vodafone & find it variable with signal, my last phone was’ 3’ network which altht the signal was never high on the bar reading it was extremely rare to not have any signal at all!
I have three or four phones at as you go each with a different network sim in , because there are many black spots where some networks will work and some won’t. My spare phones are old ones I keep after upgrading my contract phone. You can get a cheap basic one for about £10 is from t’sco so I heard recently, always handy to spare in any case, at least you can get a call out or in . Sim cards for various networks used to be on sale for £1 in the pound shops. So if you have a couple of different network providers eg , orange & ‘3’ just switch the simple over if you don’t have a signal with one the other should work .

I have heard orange/ t mobile are said to be good. Again depends on the area.

You can test a particular area for strength of signal on your pc to get the right network, but this won’t nessessarily prove good 'out on the road '. A phone shop or computer shop can also check your area for a suitable network provider for free if you ask.

Semtex:

dowahdiddyman:
My work phone is 02, my own is on giffgaff, this is a piggyback on 02 and has so far been sound, 250mins 500text and unlimited internet for 12quid a month.

Another vote hear for giffgaff. Main advantage for me is you top it up like a PAYG then use your airtime to purchase a goodybag (essentially a 1 month contract) No ties, you can have a goodybag 1 month and not the next, you can have a different one each month if you want, no hassle

I’m not alone in this world after all! :slight_smile: Saving me a small fortune and my temper has improved considerably now I no longer deal with T-Mob/Voda/Virgin/3 non customer service!

altitude:
What phone company do you use. I am with Vodafone because I was given to understand they had the best signal. It’s bloody useless :unamused: you only have to pass a lamp post and the signal’s gone, so is the phone now out the bloody window, I have to short a fuse to put up with this rubbish. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It would probably be better financial advice to short vodaphone I should think. :sunglasses:

Seriously though, - Which network is best for laptop-wireless connection coverage?

I’ve never had any interest in setting up a laptop y’see, until the coverage is a lot higher than what I’ve heard it to be in the past…
Someone enlighten me please… :question:

Pimpdaddy:

Silver_Surfer:
I love mine & will never change from an apple phone…

+1. I’m on EE & I think it’s crap, hard to get a good solid connection in most places & it’s expensive. Network was on its arse Wednesday just gone.

I’m on EE 4G. 4G is useless & I’m paying top dollar for the privilege with a paltry amount of data that I then have to pay even more if I run out.

I’m Oscar Mike when the contract is up.