Mobile phone

Just wondering what phones people use ? Pros and cons ?

As I’m thinking about getting rid of my blackberry torch as it a right pain in the ■■■■,
Now iv got some media repair error MSG :unamused:.

As im not sure what I like at the moment :confused:

On my 3rd (or 4th?) HTC. Yes, they have the odd issue but as I have the insurance, which you really need with any smartphone, it’s not a problem. Just had this One X and find it really easy to use and logical in its operation.

Ancient Nokia 6230i

Pros- It makes and receives phone calls and texts. It cost £20. It never goes wrong.

Cons- Not trendy.

Harry Monk:
Ancient Nokia 6230i

Pros- It makes and receives phone calls and texts. It cost £20. It never goes wrong.

Cons- Not trendy.

What the Internet conection like :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Cheers lads Im likening the Samsung galaxy note but from the pics it looks wide, will need a man bag to put it in :unamused: :slight_smile:

Looked at the Note myself, but a couple I know (they are twin brothers) have them and one just eats battery life, nothing extra switched on and have tried swapping but one is thirsty and have read a few forums which highlight similar issues. Wouldn’t be so bad IF Samsung would admit the problem. Also, it takes two hands to do anything, but I do like the idea of a big, almost tablet sized, phone.

Legend_Scania:
What the Internet conection like :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Well, it does do internet, takes photos too but I find laptops and cameras are better for that anyway. :wink:

DoYouMeanMe?:
Looked at the Note myself, but a couple I know (they are twin brothers) have them and one just eats battery life, nothing extra switched on and have tried swapping but one is thirsty and have read a few forums which highlight similar issues. Wouldn’t be so bad IF Samsung would admit the problem. Also, it takes two hands to do anything, but I do like the idea of a big, almost tablet sized, phone.

I’ll give that one a miss then :slight_smile:, my blackberry all ways on charge so it’s not a mobile more like a landline now :slight_smile:

As for Harry :laughing: :laughing:

Used to have a Blackberry and was looking for a new phone, totally adamant that I didn’t want a touch screen, was advised to try the HTC Desire, tried it and loved it.

2 years on, contracts up for renewal and we now both have HTC Sensations XE, really good phone, battery lasts about a day and half with normal use, although himself has to charge more often due to the bluetooth use in the truck, good camera on them and also a good video.

Oh and a handleable size, not too big and not too small.

Ive got I phone 4 and love it only thing is battery life is poor if you use net a lot.

Harry Monk:
Ancient Nokia 6230i

Cons- Not trendy.

Snap, it’s the only one that fits my hands free car kit but mine cost me £25. I was robbed !

Htc’s are brilliant phones my mates swear by them, i have a galaxy S2 its fantastic never had a problem, the new s3 is out aswel now which is meant to be very good.

Hmm I had a iPhone 3 when it 1st come out and never had one problem well odd freeze but cam on it was good, so mote get the 4s

I have i-phone 3GS brilliant never had any problems ,on sim only unlimited internet costs 10.50 a month with Tmobile,if i was changing would get I phone 4 they are great.Ted

HTC wildfire works realy well for me & easy to use, I would like a updated/newer model of HTC when the contract expires :smiley:

iPhone 4, didn’t want an iPhone when they first came out as only knobs had them. I like it but starting to get paranoid about dropping it. Might have to get a cheapy or tough mobile and set it up to divert calls to that when I’m working on the house or garden.

I had Nokia phones since 1994 but they havnt kept up with everyone else. Their ‘Symbian’ op system is crap on a good day. Having said that, Ive had an N95 8GB now for the last 4 years, never owned the same phone for this long in my life. I nearly got an N8 when they first came out but im now glad i didn’t.
The N95 does all that i want of it and its a great phone for its age. However, this will probably be the last Nokia I own.
Frome reading reviews, it would seem that HTC have now taken the title of best smart phone from the i-phone especially now that they’ve sorted out the battery life issues. Samsung are good aswel by all accounts but my next will be HTC.

Old nokia rubber phone.

Pro’s=, good battery life, unbreakable, makes calls recieves texts.
Con’s=, none!!

Actually, I just bought this, brand-new on ebay as a back up. It’s got Dual-SIM, dual-camera, flashlight, MP3, MP4, a TV and a radio on it.

£11, post-free.

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDQ1MA==/$(KGrHqR,!oIE-uf2+zQdBPtf7NSqBw~~60_12.JPG)

Harry Monk:
Actually, I just bought this, brand-new on ebay as a back up… £11.

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDQ1MA==/$(KGrHqR,!oIE-uf2+zQdBPtf7NSqBw~~60_12.JPG)

Chinese crap.

There’s only one phone and that’s the iPhone. I’ve got an iPhone 4 and it [zb]s all over other phones. I’ve had it for a year and it still looks brand new, not a single scratch or blemish on the glass and still absolutely flawless after twelve months of going everywhere with me. That’s because it’s made from glass and metal rather than plastic like that cheap knock-off toy Harry’s got. I’ve even dropped the iPhone from cab height onto concrete (albeit with a thin leather case on it) and it suffered no damage whatsoever.

Steer clear of the Chinese crap, they might make a decent fridge or washing machine nowadays, but when it comes to phones you’re better off getting one from the civilised world.

SmashedCrabFace:
There’s only one phone and that’s the iPhone.

I’ll bear that in mind if I ever want a phone that needs charging up every ten minutes.