Mobile phone networks .

I am about to renew my mobile phone supplier and would be interested how have others have found particular networks , not only on cost alone but also reception , reliability etc .

Three

Data usage & Tethering

Good Coverage

Unbeatable costs

and much more

I’m with EE and I also have an ipad on a shared data plan , I find the reception alright usually.i could live without the ipad though , it does everything I could want , TV , e mail internet , ten hour battery , a must for a lorry driver.20 gig of data is enough for me.

imm with virgin mobile never had any issues with coverage great deals available as well

trubster:
Three

Data usage & Tethering

Good Coverage

Unbeatable costs

and much more

+1

I’m with 02 it’s the biggest bag of shove going.

I think 3 are in the process of buying o2.

trubster:
Three

Data usage & Tethering

Good Coverage

Unbeatable costs

and much more

Three have removed all unlimited data usage on tethering (it’s now 1gb) for all new or upgraded contracts, so anyone with the old all you can eat data on tethering, either never upgrade or run 2 contracts

NewLad:

trubster:
Three

Data usage & Tethering

Good Coverage

Unbeatable costs

and much more

Three have removed all unlimited data usage on tethering (it’s now 1gb) for all new or upgraded contracts, so anyone with the old all you can eat data on tethering, either never upgrade or run 2 contracts

I’ve been with Three almost since they started. Interesting from NewLad - cheers for that :smiley:
I love the TuneIn app and can listen to internet radio to my hearts content (routed through a hands-free to the cab radio).
Although I tend to keep clear of the Beijing traffic station that deals exclusively with local traffic. :open_mouth:

I’m with Vodafone, been with them years always using £10 nokias and had amazing coverage wherever I travelled. Recently got persuaded to upgrade to a Samsung S4 mini. I truly believe that this piece of crap phone has given me Tourette’s! I don’t think I’ve ever been able to have a conversation longer than 30 seconds without it dropping the call.

I do believe it is a phone and not a network problem though.

Been with Orange since the year dot, always been very good to me, always sorted me out excellent tariffs and free unlimited broadband at home in the package.
Coverage was patchy at one time but since the merger especially all but one or two dead spots have been ironed out.

Only use the mobile as a phone, none of this download film or toy stuff so couldn’t comment on that.

Interesting point there Moaster, i stick rigidly to me steam powered brick phones (battery on mine will last a month on standby) and almost never get a call problem when to a landline, but when i speak to others on there fancy mobile thingys the calls are always getting dropped.

Personally I would say O2 (which also includes GiffGaff) are the worst, both for coverage and customer service (just managed to prise wife’s account from them). Been with Vodafone myself for a few years now and have no complaints, especially if you choose one of their SIM-only deals.

I have been with Vodafone since the year BC and am currently on £20 a month unlimited calls, texts, and 3gig of data which is a good deal, i never have problems with coverage, and get a good deal when roaming, so thats the one for me.

Personal phone on Three, work phone on Vodaphone.
Personal phone gets better network coverage. Maybe the difference in antenna though. Samsung Galaxy S5 vs old school Nokia thing.

Three

By far the best, the only thing is it’s very weak indoors !!

Swapped to three recently , after being on vodaphone for years ,

Best thing I ever did !!

I’m looking at getting EE Mifi. …anybody using this??

dunno if your getting new phone too
but if you are i would avoid apple i phones
and if you can afford it go for 4g
good deals on virgin but not 4g if you already have your tv and broadband from them
i got a good deal , unlimited everything ,including internet data for a tenner a month
crap phone tho so i binned it and bought one from phones 4 you ,
sony experia m2 ,200 quid ,4g ,dogs ■■■■■■■■ etc
shame my sim is only 3g ,(at the moment)

NewLad:

trubster:
Three

Data usage & Tethering

Good Coverage

Unbeatable costs

and much more

2gb

EE is rubbish & expensive.