Mobile phone networks.

My mobile phone contract will soon be due for renewal,I would be interested to have the opinions and information on networks used by others out there.?.

3 for me been with 3 for many years now. Never found a good enough reason to leave for any other networks but I do usually have a new phone every 2 years. So end up in a contract all the time, although this time I may keep my current phone or buy a new phone outright and go sim only maybe.

Like everything depends what you want and everything else, what’s a good network for one might not be a good network for another.

My car/house insurance is up for renewal, anybody advise a good provider :grimacing:

Sorry to be sarcastic, but, have a look on the internet, look at the providers, see what contract you want> and that suits you.

All companies offer different contracts to suit you, me telling you that I’ve got a great deal with O2 might not help you.

(showing my age now :laughing: does O2 still exist ? )

pierrot 14:
does O2 still exist ? )

Yes it’s EE.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

simcor:

pierrot 14:
does O2 still exist ? )

Yes it’s EE.

Scrap that EE uses the 02 network. I thought O2 had long gone tbh.

Op Physically you have a choice of Vodafone, EE, O2 or 3.

All the other networks piggyback off other networks most of them using O2.

simcor:

pierrot 14:
does O2 still exist ? )

Yes it’s EE.

If you had said Cellnet…

simcor:
Op Physically you have a choice of Vodafone, EE, O2 or 3.

All the other networks piggyback off other networks most of them using O2.

Like I said, don’t ask an individual what he thinks, go straight to the vendor and find a deal that suits you.
People will have all sorts of contracts, they will all tell you that it’s the bees knees, in their opinion, might be crap for you though.

Like Cable contracts, some will tell you that BT is best , others will say it’s SKY.

Sorry but it’s up to you to make enquiries with the providers, not the users .

o2 works for me…why use the monkey when you can be direct with the organ grinder.

same for tinterweb at home.
i ddnt use bt because i never have any wish to speak to someone from pakistan,so i used vodaphone where a wee northern irish dude signed me up,and then the day i got connected a bt van was outside the door telling me that vodaphone piggyback off of bt,so back to square one there…

Only advice I can give is look at Carphone Warehouse as you can usually get the phones unlocked by default. Thus if you decide to keep the phone but change provider its pretty simple.

Technically you can unlock most other phones, but its a hassle and you cant (officially) do it if the phone was bought on a ‘3’ contract for some reason.

Beyond that, I just use Giffgaff (is basically part of O2), with no contract, can change the plan each month to suit or upgrade part way through a month. Vodafone offer something similar now but I forget its name. Don’t have a fancy 700 quid phone mind you, but not paying for it either (got a Samsung A4 I think).

trevHCS:
Only advice I can give is look at Carphone Warehouse as you can usually get the phones unlocked by default. Thus if you decide to keep the phone but change provider its pretty simple.

Technically you can unlock most other phones, but its a hassle and you cant (officially) do it if the phone was bought on a ‘3’ contract for some reason.

Beyond that, I just use Giffgaff (is basically part of O2), with no contract, can change the plan each month to suit or upgrade part way through a month. Vodafone offer something similar now but I forget its name. Don’t have a fancy 700 quid phone mind you, but not paying for it either (got a Samsung A4 I think).

All devices bought from 3 after Jan 14 are already unlocked to all networks.

Look out for the 3 deals.
I have used them for years,i get unlimited everything ,plus unlimited hotspot so no need for home broadband…
£18 per month.

njl:

simcor:

pierrot 14:
does O2 still exist ? )

Yes it’s EE.

If you had said Cellnet…

You could of had Hutchinson telecom, which became Orange, then sold out and became 3…

If you have Sky tv at home, Sky is pretty good for a trucker. I pay £8 a month sim only, get 8gb of data which I never use all of, but the crucial thing is using sky go doesnt use your data, so you can basically watch sports/films/tv for free whenever you want. Certainly passes the time waiting to be loaded/tipped :slight_smile: It uses O2 network.

I went Three from Vodafone and it’s the worst signal I’ve ever had, I could get signal anywhere with Vodafone in the middle of nowhere, in stadiums, just anywhere really. I’d play music through spotify using the internet and it never stopped once.

Now on Three I can barely get signal in my home, when I get a call upstairs they constantly cut off, I lose phone signal in supermarkets so can’t even ring the mrs to double check, can barely play a YouTube video, internet rarely works, spotify I’ve had to download the songs on wifi to play them etc.

I’m in the NW, Manchester area. I went Three cause the price was half that of Vodafone as I needed a new phone. Regret it now.

Whereas I went from Three to Vodafone, binned Vodafone and went back to Three for the very same reasons you’ve listed. Now trying Tesco on O2’s network, think I’ll be going back to Three although probably using Smarty (uses Three’s network) as they do a SIM only contract with unlimited voices, texts and 30GB of data on a rolling monthly plan for £10.

Was with O2 for years, no problem till I moved to another area then went to vodafone. Got fed up with their customer service and gave 3 a go. Poor signal in a lot of places so back to vodafone.
Never a problem anywhere as long as you don’t have to deal with their customer service advisors.

Giff Gaff aren’t bad, no contract, you can choose how much data/minutes you need on a month by month basis.

simcor:
3 for me been with 3 for many years now. Never found a good enough reason to leave for any other networks but I do usually have a new phone every 2 years. So end up in a contract all the time, although this time I may keep my current phone or buy a new phone outright and go sim only maybe.

Like everything depends what you want and everything else, what’s a good network for one might not be a good network for another.

I’ve been with three years, good coverage, decent customer service and unlimited data (t’internet) for £20 a month.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Gif Gaf use the O2 network
EE, & plusnet are BT companies
Where I live 3 network are no good as coverage is poor & Vodafone arn’t much better.
Currently using O2 for my personal phone and plusnet for my work phone. The latter is £6.39/month for unlimited calls/txt + 2Gb
Another consideration for choice is which network do your family members use, especially those who you call frequently, as some networks give discounted or free calls between customers using the same network depending on the call plan