Missing person - we need your help

Wondered if anyone could help. Your site was recommended to me by a camping forum.

Our best friend went missing on 30th July due to the stress and pressures of running the family farm. He has taken a tent, his passport, driving licence and a small amount of cash. His tent is a royal blue 2-man dome tent with orange trim. It folds into a small rectangular box-shape with a carry-handle.

We really have no idea or clue as to Mark’s wherabouts but we know he will probably be travelling either on foot or by hitching. He is familiar with many parts of the UK but has also visited France on many holidays - and it’s a possibility he may have gone there.

His family and friends are desparate to know that he is safe and well. Please access our website www.marklinkleter.co.uk to see the picture of him and his tent.

We also have a poster that we are trying to circulate around the UK and France. This can be accessed via the website. If you are out and about, please keep one with you for reference and maybe ask the cafes or shops you visit to display one.

If you have time drop me a reply to let us know where you’ve put one up. It will give us a bit of encouragement.

In the meantime, if you spot him, please contact Northumbria Police on 01661 872555 or contact me here on this forum. I will be doing my best to visit regularly.

Thank you.

Lisa

I am going to France tomorrow and will be there until Tuesday so I will keep my eyes peeled.

thanks coffeeholic

I don’t suppose there’s any chance of this being pinned for a short while is there? We are really desperate to get Mark’s face known to as many as people as possible - and the members on this site are definitely more likely to come across him than most.

Many thanks

Lisa

Hi I will keep an eye out for him on my travels

Don’t worry. We’'l try and keep it near the top.

Do you have any other information that may ‘trigger’ peoples memories should they come into contact with him.

Hobbies, interests, family members. Occupations, current and previous. Obviously farming, but arable or dairy. Family inheritance or ‘new start’ purchase.

France? Preferred areas and crossings. Main interests. Scenery (coastal or inland), architecture, War Graves?

Bounced up.

Thanks krankee,

Mark’s car was found in Tynemouth. The police have checked passenger lists on all the ferries and other modes of transport . No luck.

Mark is 41, 6ft tall, heavy build - broad shoulders. He is a very keen and excellent swimmer with a typical ‘swimmers physique.’

He is a bright guy and would probably be quite chatty as he enjoys talking and debating on absolutely any subject. He always wears glasses - he’s useless without them.

He has a very gentle north-east accent and originates from Tynemouth. His accent will not easily be placed unless you are familiar with Northumberland and Tyneside. Everyone who meets him will like him - he is a good listener. When he’s not chatting he’ll be reading - he loves books.

Mark’s farming experience involves sheep and beef production on a family farm in Northumberland. He has a wife and a daughter and lots of friends.

His favourite parts of France have been the Ardeche, Poitiers and the South of France. More recently he was in the Alps - he enjoyed it here but it’ll be too expensive for him. He’ll not be heading for a city unless he’s using it for the next step of his journey - he prefers the countryside. He is useless at speaking french but is familiar with how to do things over there.

When his cash runs out (we think he has very little) he may look for casual work - and this would probably be on farms - he’d be able to turn his hand to anything on a farm.

This has been totally out of character. He adores his family and home. Nobody can begin to understand how the problems he experienced on the farm could have led to this. We all thought he was ok…right up till the day he disappeared.

We miss him terribly and need to know he’s ok.

Thank you for your help

Lisa

just a thought but have you faxed a picture of him to the south coast ports as he could of hitchiked down to one of them and gone across as a foot passenger or a passenger in a truck.goodluck hope he,s home soon

Thanks Carl

I’m not sure if that’s been done, but I’ll check.

Lisa

You could also send a poster or two to Brittany Ferries as they have notice boards at all their offices, maybe they could put some pictures up in Cherbourg too as that is a major route to France for cars and trucks alike.

As long as you agree I have posted a link to your story on a motorcycle forum I use. I suppose the more people see the site, the better!

Im in the south of France next week for 10 days i,ll keep an eye out for him .

Dont think he wants to be found
LINK

Edited to amend link

I haven’t accessed this forum to discuss the reasons why Mark left or whether he may or may not want to be found.

I have posted this message on behalf of his family and friends who love Mark and who are deeply concerned for his safety.

Whether he wants to be found or not, we need to know he’s ok.

shenster,

I’ll try and post this information on another site I use (www.courierexchange.co.uk) when I get to the office tomorrow. It’s a site used by UK and European Couriers alike and the more people that see it, the better.
Other than that I’ll keep my eyes open but I dont think he’ll still be in the NE area.

regards

John

Back to the top.

shentser:
I haven’t accessed this forum to discuss the reasons why Mark left or whether he may or may not want to be found.

I have posted this message on behalf of his family and friends who love Mark and who are deeply concerned for his safety.

Granted. But after reading the media link it throws a completely different beam of light on it all, does it not?

Whilst I am one that prefers not to cast judgement until the full facts are known, if the media story is to be believed I could understand perfectly that not a lot of people would be interested in his whereabouts, nor what happens to him.

Nevertheless, I do hope for your sake that you do find him and he is well.

Rob K:

shentser:

Granted. But after reading the media link it throws a completely different beam of light on it all, does it not?

Whilst I am one that prefers not to cast judgement until the full facts are known, if the media story is to be believed I could understand perfectly that not a lot of people would be interested in his whereabouts, nor what happens to him.

But dont we have a law in this country where you are innocent till proved guilty Rob?

If it was known that you are a child molestor would you want it spread over the internet :smiling_imp:

Even then, Im sure your friends would still be protecting you and looking for you

Rob K:

shentser:

Mmm know what you meanRob,but for his familys sake he needs to be found.

Rob,people who are suffering from nervous disorders are not responsible for their actions years ago we did not reconise this and thought that the persons afflicted were just MAD, so therefore lets
just try and help these people find him and then perhaps whenhe is able
to state his side,we may have a different outlook, and Rob this type of illness effects everyone mate, Also nowadays the written word is not all way telling the truth.

I have to say I am disappointed and upset at some of the negative comments on this forum. These are very difficult times. When you find yourself in a situation like this and experience the emotional turmoil 1st hand, you want to do everything you can to ease the family’s pain. We are only asking for help in locating Mark, and we sincerely hope that those posting negative comments never find themselves in either Mark’s position or ours.

Many thanks to those who have offered help already - we are very grateful. I appeal to everyone again to look out for Mark on your travels.

Lisa