Missing......dead?

There’s a foreign wagon and trailer parked up in a local industrial estate.
It’s been there for several weeks with the curtains drawn. I can tell it’s been there a while coz there’s a mud line all around it. It’s parked in a regular overnight spot, and not causing any obstruction.

Now this got me thinking, in a very macabre sort of way…
What if the driver died in his sleep and his bosses didn’t actually know where he was at the time. How much help would the authorities give into searching?
It could be like looking for the proverbial ‘needle-in-the-haystack’.

Have you ever heard of this senario occuring?

Phone the Police and voice your concerns. I did that after I’d spotted a wagon parked up in a laby with the hazards on which was still there the following day.

A certain firm had a tanker in germany, the driver was found
dead inside the tank, he was doing a self clean, that was about after
the person was 3days inside the tank

It must happen i guess. If i were you i’d report it to the police, maybe they can trace it back to somebody, or failing that break in. Don’t suppose you have to give your name or anything if you’d rather not for any reason.

Report it mate!

Things do happen like that. Or it could be the driver has beggared off and left the truck for someone else to deal with.

Either way, nobody leaves a truck on an industrial estate for weeks without reason.

Let us know what happens!

Alex

I’ve now reported it to the local police and asked for feedback.

I should have done this earlier, but as we know, things get busy!

As usual, I hope i’ve done the right thing…i’d hate to hear that the cops broke in unnecessarily…oh well…i’d hope that if it was me decomposing
inside, someone would notice :open_mouth:

206doorman:
I’ve now reported it to the local police and asked for feedback.

I should have done this earlier, but as we know, things get busy!

As usual, I hope i’ve done the right thing…i’d hate to hear that the cops broke in unnecessarily…oh well…i’d hope that if it was me decomposing
inside, someone would notice :open_mouth:

You’ve definitely done the right thing there mate.

it wasnt that long ago that there was an article about something similiar. a truck was clamped in an MSA. the driver never appeared and eventually the police broke in and found the driver was dead

Theres a motor caravan parked in a layby on the A5 near the roundabout where you turn into Stobarts at Crick it been there for a few days now.

Arfa:
Theres a motor caravan parked in a layby on the A5 near the roundabout where you turn into Stobarts at Crick it been there for a few days now.

That comes and goes arfa. I think its an agency driver chasing the £ in the “golden triangle” of crick

when argo cargomasters in essex were going, one of their drivers vanished in germany, no one knew where he was etc, sadly he had died in his sleep in a services, and it took several days to find where he was

you have done the right thing, even if it is a false alarm, its better than leaving it

Argo Cargomasters in Essex are still going, and going strong i might add :smiley:

I think Steve has something to do with argo !!

well spotted, by the way what euromat says is a true story…

can recall a n.irish driver passing away in this way some years ago,quite a few drivers didnt want to go to recover the truck out on the continent although it was eventually brought back to fleetwood by a driver who drove it for quite a while afterwards.

Update: The police called me early this morning to say that they’d been to look last night, but saw nothing amiss.
( I was unable to identify the truck positively when I called them, i could only tell them the position)

However, as luck goes, i’m passing said spot tomorrow morning at 0700 so
i’ll take a look again and get a reg. number.

I’m quite impressed with the police response so far, however they still don’t really understand my point of a ‘mud-line’ around the vehicle.
Perhaps there’s a better way of describing the picture we see when a motor has been parked for weeks.

I appreciate the support.

your at a guess talking about traffic film and build up of deibris in the form of road sludge mounting up around the vehicle from passing vehicles

Plod will more than likely PNC check the vehicle then contact the truck owners.
If they are overseas it could be a few days before interpol get back to your local force! no need for breaking into the cab just yet. Could well be the driver has taken unwell and had to return back to their country of origin and the trucks been parked up until a releaf driver is sought. Sounds like you have good observational skills.

about 6 years ago one of jh jones tipper drivers was working away somewhere over the notts area, he parked up for the night and spoke to his wife. apparently she tried to ring him at about 11 o clock to say good night but got no answer. she phoned jones’s and told him that she was worried. the next morning everyone was trying to ring the driver to get hold of him. at around lunchtime, about 4 hours after trying to get hold of him, the police tracked his position from the last mobile phonecall that he made. he was found slumped in the passenger seat on an industrial estate . he had died from a heart attack. this isnt a truckers tale, its a true story, i worked for jh jones at the time and it was very upsetting for everyone at the firm and absolutely devastating for the drivers family. this really is your worst nightmare, i suggest that you stop in the morning and bang very hard on the cab. if you get no reply, ring the company and report it to them, if there is no name on the wagon, ring the police and insist they find out whose truck it is and contact them, or get them to break into it.

Aye, take a pic of the truck, note down any details you can and ring the police there and then.

There could well be a family worried sick somewhere. Or even worse someone very sick inside (although unlikely, granted)