Missing......dead?

nick2008:
your at a guess talking about traffic film and build up of deibris in the form of road sludge mounting up around the vehicle from passing vehicles

That’s right Nick, accurate description.

Just in case,i’m going to leave a little earlier than planned.
As suggested,i’ll knock and phone the plod again if necessary.

The stories above are quite moving. They illustrate how mortal we are.
If you don’t have Sat tracking,make sure your loved ones know where you are.

steve the argonaut:
Argo Cargomasters in Essex are still going, and going strong i might add :smiley:

really? i have not seen any trucks for a long time, do they have any anymore?

im sure the poor guy was the bear who sadly passed away

This would not be the White Magnum in Medway City Estate would it, thats had the headlights removed from it??

Lighting mcqueen:
Sounds like you have good observational skills.

Thanks, but It appears not as good as i’d have liked.

The cab was so dirty that i’d not noticed that the steering wheel was visible!
The screen has a curtain, the side windows not.
Nobody inside, and, as it happens, Brit registered and right-hand drive.
It’s attached to a 40 foot fridge.

Ah well, some hullabaloo about nothing, this time anyway.

BuzzardBoy: Correct on the location, but i’ve not seen the Magnum you mention.

well at least you were thinking about the welfare of a fellow driver no matter where from better safe than sorry

Amen Nick!

Glad nothing was wrong this time, but its people noticing things like this that can make a difference.

Good work Doorman!

Alex

On a similar note outside the truck stop (now Closed)at Thurrock there was an Astra van parked Taxed it was still there with weeds growing round the wheels 18 moths later, wondered whos it was and where he/she was, it had not been nicked by the look of it there was some gear in it■■?

i’m sometimes asked by a foreign company(via middlemen) to search a given spot for a motor.
conversations go along these lines.
red daf reg no xxxxx went off line m6/a14 junction.
a drive down there revealed the accident scene as posted on here a while ago,the daf being one of a few and not having a cab anymore.driver survived.mystery solved.
another was similar but had a happier result…just ignition problem had caused a major electrical problem,and knocked the tracking system and phone out.
but they always get seriously jumpy when they go offline suddenly and the phone’s don’t get answered.

On one of my first trips into Europe I was weekended at the Cabbage patch (Bordeaux) and on the Friday night tried the Escargot, all was well until Saturday morning, I felt like death warmed up and every time I tried to get up was sick, I never managed to get out of my bed until Monday afternoon, and even then only managed to get to my seat and attract another drivers attention who called an ambulance for me, two days in hospital and I was alright, but my point being not one person wondered why I had not merged from my truck for 2 days, nobody checked in on me and there was even a driver from the company I worked for parked nearby… I would have been happy if someone had called the police on the Saturday or Sunday.
It was without a doubt the worst time of my driving life yet if someone like 206doorman was there and just knocked on my door things would have been a lot better

brit pete:
A certain firm had a tanker in germany, the driver was found
dead inside the tank, he was doing a self clean, that was about after
the person was 3days inside the tank

That was well remembered Pete. Bob was a real nice lad. A father of 3 kids and a wife left at home. Fortunately another good friend fought for her case to be heard and she eventually managed to get some insurance compensation. Not sure he was doing a self clean with IPA though :confused:

Another tragedy I remember was a bloke doing a minor repair to his truck. the cab wasnt fully tilted and he was trapped as the cab came down. The truck was there in a layby near Brough on the A63 for 3 days until anyone missed him.