Minor rant.

“Can you pick up trailer ■■■ and go get the load from Thingy”

“Ok Boss.”

Then you get there and you find that some idiot has parked the trailers so f@@king close together that there’s about 4 inches between them.

Ok, so nice job on the parking front - very neat… but WHY?

You can’t possibly get the legs up and, if you’re really ‘lucky’, you can’t even get the brakes off and have to literally drag the trailer out. And if the trailer is full you then have to spend an hour moving however many trailers because you can’t shift the thing.

Why do people do this? Are they REALLY so stupid that they can’t work out ‘Doh, if I park that trrailer there, people won’t be able to pick up the one next to it ( … and it might be me!) Maybe I need to just shunt it over by about 2 or 3 feet.’

Are they that stupid Eh? Eh?

(… and can someone please explain to me why when people do this they shouldn’t be strung up by their b@lls?)

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Air suspension and shunt button?

We’ve got clowns at work who either drop trailer very low (Iveco’s) trucks so that the rest of us who drive either MAN or Merc’s can’t get low enough to get under them
It back fires on them as I drive a MAN and I will drop trailer high instead

Sounds like a living hell for both of you. I suppose all you can do is drop your trailer and try, somehow to rebuild your shattered lives.

It won’t be easy but there are others who have been there before you and managed to get over/under it. I’ve even heard of men (and they were heroes to a man) who came through similar adversity using (whisper this bit to yourselves) steel suspension and the slow wind. Yes I know, it sounds unbelievable but if they did it so can you, my loves.

Gotta go now, I’m triggering at the memories.

Stay strong, sisters.

Drempels:

That would be the shunt button that’s always right next to the brake button — which you can’t reach because the trailers are so close together.

Hmmmm.

Win-Stone:

Drempels:

That would be the shunt button that’s always right next to the brake button — which you can’t reach because the trailers are so close together.

Hmmmm.

Shed a few pounds maybe :question: :bulb:

Boxes used to have rubbing boards so you could park them close, these sacrificial boards were replaced every 5 to 10 years, drop the trailer with an inch of slack under the wheels, no handbrake needed, the wall behind stopped the trailer going anywhere backwards, the ruts in the yard preventing it rolling forward [emoji23]

No one got killed

Drempels:

I kind of doubt the 2 inches closer to the front that the shunt button is compared to the brake will make much difference in the grand scheme of things

The-Snowman:

Drempels:

I kind of doubt the 2 inches closer to the front that the shunt button is compared to the brake will make much difference in the grand scheme of things

Two inches can make all the difference :laughing:

Win-Stone:
Why do people do this?

The answer might shock you, but…

… some people just don’t care.

But you do, which makes you the kind of driver I, and most of us, appreciate.

Drempels:
Sounds like a living hell for both of you. I suppose all you can do is drop your trailer and try, somehow to rebuild your shattered lives.

It won’t be easy but there are others who have been there before you and managed to get over/under it. I’ve even heard of men (and they were heroes to a man) who came through similar adversity using (whisper this bit to yourselves) steel suspension and the slow wind. Yes I know, it sounds unbelievable but if they did it so can you, my loves.

Stay strong, sisters.

:laughing: Quality retort, made I laugh…Thank you.

att:

Drempels:

Stay strong, sisters.

:laughing: Quality retort, made I laugh…Thank you.

gotta agree att gave me a giggle did that.

Ah, it’s only a bit of fun. A sense of humour will make you or break you in our industry!

Drempels:
Ah, it’s only a bit of fun. A sense of humour will make you or break you in our industry!

totally agree mate but the over regulation and pointy shoe brigade within the industry have totally dumbed it down. :imp:

Trailers 4” apart, someone’s not doing the job right, I used to get em closer than that. Back em half way in, wind the legs down, lift the suspension, then back em the rest of the way in, crawl under the trailer to pull the pin.

Repeat until the yard is full with twice as many trailers as normal, job & knock at Xmas

m.a.n rules:

Drempels:

totally agree mate but the over regulation and pointy shoe brigade within the industry have totally dumbed it down. :imp:

Shoes maketh or breaketh the man. Years ago, I got grief for wearing brown dealer boots. Now, I have to wear black steelies. Gutted :laughing:

Drempels:

Stay strong, sisters.

I believe that there are places where you can get theropey for that sort of thing,they used to call it triaxlepullpin cindrum

Drempels:

m.a.n rules:

Drempels:

Shoes maketh or breaketh the man. Years ago, I got grief for wearing brown dealer boots. Now, I have to wear black steelies. Gutted :laughing:

vep, I walk in 11’s and over any pointy shoe’s I can. now ■■■■ off cause your getting on my nerve’s :smiley: :wink:

m.a.n rules:

Drempels:

m.a.n rules:

Drempels:

vep, I walk in 11’s and over any pointy shoe’s I can. now ■■■■ off cause your getting on my nerve’s :smiley: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh for the days of chasing the trailer around the yard :laughing: