Minimum wages for hgv

since ive worked next to riggers , welders etc …and i no they all come under the blue book on sites which means there on 15 ph minimum i no hgv is not classed as a trade but with so many rules and now dcpc is there anyway we can lobby for our own because lets face it all company’s can afford to pay 10 ph surely seems that each month another job offer springs up offering just above minimum wage, we as drivers hold so much power but we never get a fair deal , when i speak to older drivers they talk about earniing more 20 years ago with less hassle , am probably flogging a dead horse, but there must be summit we can do

Most Governments are reluctant to specify in law a minimum wage for a particular section of industry as they believe that market forces should determine the pay rates.

Communist regimes may set pay rates but that is so unlikey to happen in a democracy.

LGV pay rates will go up… when there are more jobs than drivers to do them… I wonder how many years that is going to be… how long is a piece of string?

dustylfc:
since ive worked next to riggers , welders etc …and i no they all come under the blue book on sites which means there on 15 ph minimum i no hgv is not classed as a trade but with so many rules and now dcpc is there anyway we can lobby for our own because lets face it all company’s can afford to pay 10 ph surely seems that each month another job offer springs up offering just above minimum wage, we as drivers hold so much power but we never get a fair deal , when i speak to older drivers they talk about earniing more 20 years ago with less hassle , am probably flogging a dead horse, but there must be summit we can do

You are flogging a dead horse there. Drivers are thier own worst enemies trying to under cut one and other ( owner drivers) as for the employed they say they can,t cause they have morgages, rent and familys to feed. So there is no chance of this happening :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Give it 4 1/2 years… Older blokes won’t want to bother with the CPC etc etc, specially guys who may do a day or two a week on agency who haven’t got a company to put them through their cpc etc.

I think you will soon start to see more better paid opportunities in 7.5t work as well, because where as you used to able to drive these on a car license so there was always a ready supply of labour.

For the last few years though, you need to take an Class C1 test to drive these after you’ve got your B (car) license. As this costs as much as going for a full HGV license folks wont be prepared to shell out for a license for a job that pays just over min wage.

philmots:
Give it 4 1/2 years… Older blokes won’t want to bother with the CPC etc etc,

Not just old drivers, wannabe drivers might be on here but you can count them on one hand, youngsters do not want to come in to this industry, lets face it most of them don’t want to work at all but those that do would rather learn plumbing, computers, painting, knitting, anything other than an industry where you are charged to train (sensibly 5k from start with no licence to class1) charged to use the roads and charged with every offence under the sun from smoking to speeding to hours to faults to WTD and all at just above min wage, any half wit that can use MS word can get a job in an office at 16k with no hassles, there will never be another driver shortage as I see it, drivers can just be imported now from a vast European market to order.

get more eastern europeans over here they do a excellent job and cheap too
cpc i am told will be no problem they will do the modules in their own country
happy days
a EMPLOYER

graham schroeder:
happy days
a EMPLOYER

you are a complete **** and i hope i never have to work for a ***** with your attitude !

VERY HAPPY DAYS :imp:

dafpete:

graham schroeder:
happy days
a EMPLOYER

you are a complete **** and i hope i never have to work for a ***** with your attitude !

I even supply my eec employees with accomodation and very reasonable rates which actually covers the morgage and a small profit to boot
even happier days

How can we condemn employers for doing what the law allows when we, the people of the UK, vote in a Government that makes the law that allows this sort of thing.

It may be to us that this is immoral but any employer has the option to put profits above morality if the law allows them to do so.

graham schroeder:

dafpete:

graham schroeder:
happy days
a EMPLOYER

I even supply my eec employees with accomodation and very reasonable rates which actually covers the morgage and a small profit to boot
even happier days

and you are the reason i made the thread greed greed greed i have no problem with eastern workers just idiots like you who exploit others but hey what goes around goodluck

brados:

philmots:
Give it 4 1/2 years… Older blokes won’t want to bother with the CPC etc etc,

Not just old drivers, wannabe drivers might be on here but you can count them on one hand, youngsters do not want to come in to this industry, lets face it most of them don’t want to work at all but those that do would rather learn plumbing, computers, painting, knitting, anything other than an industry where you are charged to train (sensibly 5k from start with no licence to class1) charged to use the roads and charged with every offence under the sun from smoking to speeding to hours to faults to WTD and all at just above min wage, any half wit that can use MS word can get a job in an office at 16k with no hassles, there will never be another driver shortage as I see it, drivers can just be imported now from a vast European market to order.

I don’t know any other people my age except for ones on here that want to come into this industry :confused: :open_mouth:

graham schroeder:
happy days
a EMPLOYER

afaik a driver must complete the dcpc in the country that there employed in your units must be in bits with all the smacks these lads do have :laughing: ,i reckon your another nolan/o leary operator pay your drivers less than the min wage by puting them on a daily rate and have them do 15hrs a day.

so in the end you get cheap labour but might have a high staff turnover which in turn affects your operation which leads to you loosing contracts PAY PEANUTS GET MONKEYS and yes i have seen companies lose contracts by doing the above so who is the bright spark now.

put um in cheap premium stralis units pay um £70 aday for 13 to15hrs £20 night out allowance dont pay parking lay bys will do um oh give um a accident free bonus of £25 a week just renewed contract due to my competitive rates driver cpc arent they eec drivers■■?

graham schroeder:
put um in cheap premium stralis units pay um £70 aday for 13 to15hrs

You might wish to reflect on the fact that this is a public forum, and that you are apparently posting under your real name.

We do have VOSA people who read this and they might just wonder what other aspects of the Law you choose to ignore, you understand. £70 for a 13 hour day works out at £5.38 an hour when the legal minimum wage is £5.80 an hour, and you shouldn’t advertise the fact that you run bent on a forum such as this.

What gets me isn’t the fact that drivers are being paid low wages, that is their choice to do it. It’s the fact that the so called employer comes on here to brag about the fact. You are everything that is wrong with this country. His post could also be classed as inciting racial hatred.

LASHHGV:
What gets me isn’t the fact that drivers are being paid low wages, that is their choice to do it.

They may well choose to do it but the simple fact is that he has announced to the world that he is breaking the Law, and my prediction is that he will be investigated for this now.

Engage brain before putting keyboard into gear! :wink:

Well he’s opened my eyes to what’s going on out there I thought Gumbo was the dumbest person on here. VOSA COME LOOKEEE HEAR!

graham schroeder:
put um in cheap premium stralis units pay um £70 aday for 13 to15hrs £20 night out allowance dont pay parking lay bys will do um oh give um a accident free bonus of £25 a week just renewed contract due to my competitive rates driver cpc arent they eec drivers■■?

Your brain dead wind up Moron,That’s what I say !!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

:wink: