Min wage going up to £8.00 phr?

Does this mean our wage is going up as a minimum too? a wage that would allow us to afford to pay Vosa for some unfortunate fines we incure doing our jobs as proffesional drivers? I mean nobodey goes out to hurt or kill or break the law doing a job,knowingly, unless your a Bank Robber.We are payed as Drivers, to other road users we are just “”“lorry drivers, but when there is a collision, all of a sudden ive noticed others label you as some type of super hero called, A Proffesional Driver! we are a sorce of suspission for the police, Vosa,more so at a RTA. One Traffic cop said “we are more responsable than a Airline pilot, because of the surrounding hazzards”,” not alot up there in the sky to worry about is there"? I replied our breaks are shorter than theirs, and the pay is cossiderably less.
In one parcell delivery firm, a polish lad asked me to show him how to connect the lines up, he had not done it before,a brand new Merc, Beggers belief realy.Some how £8.00 stacking shelves no more worries looks good.does any one agree?

It was on the news last night and was SHOT down in fames by all including the banks as being too much too quick as the interest rates will rocket

MDH:
…we are more responsable than a Airline pilot…

:laughing:

The minimum wage is due to rise from £6.31 an hour to £6.50 on October 1, but Mr Miliband plans to add £1.50 an hour on to that by 2020.

The TUC wants it to go up to £10■■!!

Thats a joke. People won’t bother with any sort of further education if you could stack shelves or be a cleaner for £10. There will be no encouragement to ever want to make something of yourself!

Contraflow:

The minimum wage is due to rise from £6.31 an hour to £6.50 on October 1, but Mr Miliband plans to add £1.50 an hour on to that by 2020.

If he becomes Prime Minister

htfc1984:

Thats a joke. People won’t bother with any sort of further education if you could stack shelves or be a cleaner for £10. There will be no encouragement to ever want to make something of yourself!

£10 isn’t all that much nowadays.

It’s 2014 not 1914.

Even the cleaners will be on more than me soon.
offer.jobisjob.co.uk/m/offer/uwi … CO&pos=3

Oops they already are

raising the min wage is a crap idea :unamused:

Contraflow:

htfc1984:

£10 isn’t all that much nowadays.

It’s 2014 not 1914.

No you’re right £10 isn’t much. But £10 PER HOUR in my mind is a very good current rate. Around my way (Leeds area) there isn’t many driving jobs or shelf stacking jobs paying £10ph

Going up to £8 ph by 2020 is a joke surely, these labour chaps don’t seem to want to get re elected. What happened to their living wage palaver of a couple of years ago? They said all low paid workers should be on that didn’t they.

■■■■■■00:

Oops they already are

The jobs 4 hours a week. They are basically offering to bung someone £52 to come and vacuum & dust the office twice a week.

Think i’ll stick with my driving job.

£8ph “by 2020” amounts to around 4% per year increments on the minimum wage as it is right now. In other words, merely “in line with inflation” like pay rises we used to get during the “good times” which were turned into mediocrity by such paltry pay rises.

Hardly worth writing home about is it?

Labour have spent all day aping the Tories on “cuts” and other bully crap with regards to “how they are going to get the defecit down”.

Meanwhile, the public are asking for an end to Austerity. No one was listening apparently.

One can safely ignore Labour at the next election - if they can’t even kick a ball into an open goal when the goalie hasn’t even bothered to turn up - they have already become unelectable.

The way things are going at present, if Scottish Labour MP’s are not shown the door at Westminster in short order - their seats will all be going to SNP next year - and they rather than UKIP might be forming the next coalition with Newly-Crowned Boris Johnson’s depleted Tory party… :open_mouth: I don’t currently imagine UKIP getting enough seats to prevent that, which is a crying shame of course. :frowning:

Perhaps Milliband might like to re-issue that statement as “We will raise the minimum wage to £8ph - AS SOON AS WE TAKE OFFICE IN 2015 IF ELECTED!”

No "if we have a majority" or “if the country can afford it” ■■■■■■■■ either. :imp:

■■■■■■00:

Oops they already are

Replied to a post last week with the same.
Call to see my Mum at least once a week to see if she is ok or that she needs anything doing.
Mum is quiet active for her age (88 years) but some of her friends not so. Anyway after having a good ring round they found the cheapest “house cleaner” that they could get wanted £10.00 per hour. We do not live in a money rich area.

MDH:
Does this mean our wage is going up as a minimum too?

It better do as it’s a legal minimum wage, although I’m sure some will find ways round it.

MDH:
a wage that would allow us to afford to pay Vosa for some unfortunate fines we incure doing our jobs as proffesional drivers? I mean nobodey goes out to hurt or kill or break the law doing a job,

But we now live in a society with a blame culture, somebody messed up and must be punished regardless of their intentions.

MDH:
We are payed as Drivers, to other road users we are just “”"lorry drivers, but when there is a collision, all of a sudden ive noticed others label you as some type of super hero called, A Proffesional Driver! we are a sorce of suspission for the police, Vosa,more so at a RTA.

You get paid to drive, that makes you a professional, the authorities carryout their investigations, I’ve known Lorry drivers involved in accidents, including one with fatalities, they haven’t automatically been blamed or fined.

MDH:
One Traffic cop said “we are more responsable than a Airline pilot, because of the surrounding hazzards”," not alot up there in the sky to worry about is there"? I replied our breaks are shorter than theirs, and the pay is cossiderably less.

Debatable point, but I think the traffic cop was blowing smoke up your arse.
However your pay has nothing do to with the responsibility you have. it’s all about how easy it is to find some numpty who’s qualified to sit in the seat.

MDH:
In one parcell delivery firm, a polish lad asked me to show him how to connect the lines up, he had not done it before,a brand new Merc, Beggers belief realy.

Maybe he’d only used palm couplings. maybe he was a new driver and unsure so asked a more experienced drivers for help?

MDH:
Some how £8.00 stacking shelves no more worries looks good.does any one agree?

You must decide what you want to do, I’ve done shelf stacking never want to do it again and I earn a dam sight more and have a great deal more job satisfaction doing my present job than I ever did stacking shelves.

I do love how some talk this job up as of its the most difficult job in the world! I’d hate it if I lost my licence, I may actually have to do some real work then :wink:

Oh, and that traffic cop was talling from his arse…

Has anyone here actually given up this job and gone to stack shelves? Because if you did you’d be itching to get back in a lorry to sit on your arse all day listening to the radio. As I see it this job isn’t hard, doesn’t require a great deal of intelligence and is a pretty bloody good way to spend ones working life imo

switchlogic:
As I see it this job isn’t hard, doesn’t require a great deal of intelligence and is a pretty bloody good way to spend ones working life imo

It doesn’t require a great deal of intelligence to be a steering wheel monkey but when things go wrong that is where the intelligent drivers show their worth. Some of the stuff I’ve seen over the years beggars belief and all could have been sorted/avoided by the application of a little common sense.

In my personal opinion intelligence and common sense are two very different things. And yes a driver with common sense is a help but seemingly not all that common in society as a whole

MDH:
“we are more responsable than a Airline pilot, because of the surrounding hazzards”,"