Min wage going up to £8.00 phr?

Yeah increase the minimum wsge to £8.00.
Then just watch it get eroded by the massive increase in prices to pay for the minimum wage!!

The only way to get folk working is to freeze there benifits and slowly increase minimum wage.

£8 an hour would add up as no increase as the cost of living would surge massively.

Its all just a political pipe dream for votes by those who don’t know what real hard work is.

The national minimum wage will go to £6.50 in October, the Labour party are saying they’ll raise it to £8.00ph by the end of the next Parliment, that 2019, so it will increase £1.50ph over 5 years, that’s 30 pence/ph a year.

bertiebus:
Yeah increase the minimum wsge to £8.00.
Then just watch it get eroded by the massive increase in prices to pay for the minimum wage!!

The only way to get folk working is to freeze there benifits and slowly increase minimum wage.

£8 an hour would add up as no increase as the cost of living would surge massively.

Its all just a political pipe dream for votes by those who don’t know what real hard work is.

I tend to disagree with this “fear before fact” notion that “Raising Minimum wage is unaffordable by employers holidaying in Barbados and driving Jags even during a recession”…
The only reason there are so many jobs paying minimum wage right now is that the government is subsidising them through tax credits & housing benefits. :bulb:
If you have a family, work for minimum wage, and live in a four-bedroomed rented house - then minimum wage ROCKS because you’ll get more per week in various benefits (whilst working a full time job!) than what most of us get for doing 50-60 hour weeks.

To reduce the benefits bill therefore, you can either scrap Housing benefit in particular OR raise minimum wages so that employers have got the choice of shutting up shop, and forfeiting their rich but outwardly “times are 'ard” lifestyle OR just getting on with it and quit moaning like the rest of us with our DCPCs of late

Any employer who cannot afford to pay more - needs to be run out of town now, rather than later - before they borrow some large sums from the banking system, and default it - so tenuous is their grip on solvency!

muckles:
The national minimum wage will go to £6.50 in October, the Labour party are saying they’ll raise it to £8.00ph by the end of the next Parliment, that 2019, so it will increase £1.50ph over 5 years, that’s 30 pence/ph a year.

I agree with muckles. Over five years it’s not such a big deal.

Totally agree winsear.

I earn more then minimum wage. And wife earns lots more then me.
It’s just that some small employers might need
To increase costs to pay £8 per hour.

[attachment=0]IMG_188867884034018.jpeg[/attachment]

Vote UKIP. :sunglasses:

There’s around as many reasons regarding the Tories as to why NOT to vote for them.
After Cleggy’s betrayal on Student Fees in particular, and being such a lickcock on Europe, I can’t see any reason why I should vote for him again either.

That leaves the minor parties:

Voting BNP risks getting you persecuted by your employer, as if you were a holocaust denier.

Voting Independent is great if you’ve got a Doctor, Local Hero, or someone similar standing thus in your area.

Voting Green is worse than Turkeys voting for Christmas. If the Greens implemented all their policies, we’d all be living in grass huts, taking out a mortgage to buy the overpriced “Organic” rubbish they see as “Food”, and denying us any form of cheap energy in favour of building more eyesore rusting-up old redundant turbines purchased from a EU-backed foreign firm rather than make 'em ourselves.

Voting for No one (not bothering to turn up!) is a vote for the Incumbent. If you think your local incumbent is worth giving a lick to, then you’ll not be ranting like me in the first place about how crappy politicians are, let alone decide to get off your arse and do something about it. :bulb: :exclamation:

Looking at the interest in politics now stirred up by the recent Scottish Referendum - I now expect turnout in next year’s general election to be a lot higher. There’s even a chance that OUR 16-17 year olds darn sarth in sassenach land might get the vote in time for it as well! (not whilst Cameron has anything to do with it though!)

Higher turnout means more votes for the minor parties across the board. A concentrated effort of voters is needed to oust incumbents in many areas - simply owing to the large number of “safe seats” that still exist around the country. This would not include Scottish Labour & Libdems however, who’ve got less chance of keeping their seats at next year’s general election as a deaf kid playing musical chairs. :smiling_imp:

UKIP are the only ones with a proper “soak the rich” policy that doesn’t try and call a middle earner “rich” to ward off such threats to their chances of getting a seat.
Are you really going to vote Tory down south - because Cameron promises not to hurt “business” regardless of the fact your employer will still get shot of you on any old excuse in so many areas?
Perhaps we’ll have a few new laws under a UKIP coalition such as being “illegal to cut pay and conditions whist a firm is still in good profit”.

It makes sense to render “socially unacceptable” let alone “illegal outright” any immoral business practice that ruins lives for no better reason than “extra profit” that only the board will end up getting 100% of. Shareholders don’t get to see a 100% rise in dividends for every 100% rise in profits. The board can easily swing that for themselves though!

The biggest single costless item that UKIP can implement though - is to business shareholding practice what Thatcher done to the Unions

• One shareHOLDING - one vote.

AGMs will become small shareholder power-up meetings!
Unpopular board proposals will get crushed by each and every “shareholder revolt”.
Democracy will truly have come to our society and run out of town that “old boy” system that still runs on the Feudal model - where someone with a bigger wad than you is your “Superior” in all things.

£8ph or any other much higher wage - is easily affordable once we get away from the “must rake as much as possible” business.
Even scrapping all tax offsets other than the payroll - would lead to higher wages all around - which must be a good thing right? :bulb:

Winseer:
I now expect turnout in next year’s general election to be a lot higher.

I admire your optimism. Personally I think turnout next year will be one of the lowest ever. People aren’t interested. Three Scottish Referendum was exciting, the General election is just same old dull vote for same old dull politicians. I’ve always loved politics and getting engaged with it but even I couldn’t care less anymore, along with many of my friends who are the same, so if us with an interest in politics can’t be bothered anymore that doesn’t bode well for most people who aren’t that interested in politics in the first place

Those who won’t vote merely because their seat is considered a “safe Tory stronghold” or whatever - need a kick up the arse - pronto!

No one gets to make a difference unless they get out there and vote.

So Labour tempt people by the promise of £8.00 a hour but conveniently pitch it to take effect in the year 2020 which would be election year yeah ? Sounds like carrot and stick.

Jackers, 8 bob an hour, steady on dude. We’ll all be P diddy’s in our porkers & lambos cruising down high class ■■■■■■ boulevard at this rate.

Winseer:
Those who won’t vote merely because their seat is considered a “safe Tory stronghold” or whatever - need a kick up the arse - pronto!

No one gets to make a difference unless they get out there and vote.

I sort of agree but sort of don’t. Who have no one worthwhile to vote for so I understand completely how people can’t be bothered. And most people simply can’t be bothered rather than it being about safe seats