milk tankers

cheers all will see what they offer tomoro :confused:

The reload side can be quite an easy job. You may find yourself waiting around for silos to empty, or cream to load etc. so take a good book!

The driving does require a slightly different style, especially with part loads of milk/white water/cream which will move around more. Always vent, as has been said (and never trust that a dairy bod has already done it!). Always double check it yourself.

Other drivers will always help you out, but you’ll soon get used to how things work at the various dairies.

Good luck - hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

hmmmm decisions to be made :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

grumpybum:
Other drivers will always help you out, but you’ll soon get used to how things work at the various dairies.

Have to agree with this comment - was out lifting a load of cream at the weekend from a diary in Manchester that I hadn’t been in before . One of Nivens men got me sorted out with a CIP wash and lent me a spanner to tighten up a connection .And it was nice to note the other tanker drivers that waved to me on the way back up the M6 on Sunday evening . Nice to see a bit of the old style help and consideration that used to be everywhere in driving stil living on .

i dont think the money was good enough for the shift pattern 6 am starts max 11 hrs bank hol and xmas 26 max that inc bonus that you could lose shame really i wanted a pay cut but thats a bit much will have a big think , equipment etc looked ok but noticed a driver on here from past has left after the takeover from gregorys !!!

thoughts anyone on the salary 26k for all bank hols xmas etc my personal is its nowhere near enough

I saw a milk tanker job advertised near me at minimum wage. Sod that. I’d want a substantial pay rise to cover the daily hassle of tight entrances and getting mucked up in muddy/cow ■■■■ covered farmyards.

Tris:
I saw a milk tanker job advertised near me at minimum wage. Sod that. I’d want a substantial pay rise to cover the daily hassle of tight entrances and getting mucked up in muddy/cow [zb] covered farmyards.

my thoughts exactly :exclamation: :exclamation:

ive been offered job shame really as it looked interesting but cannot get my head round wage for shifts and hours etc ,has anyone done 7 week rota average 5 days a week confuses hell out of me example if i start monday how does it run etc it wasnt very well explained

Its decision day shall i shant i Mind u the pay will fit nicely intoo my housing association bracket :stuck_out_tongue: seriously this is a tough one i really fancy a change but this is a BIG one

topmixer11:
thoughts anyone on the salary 26k for all bank hols xmas etc my personal is its nowhere near enough

Thats pretty lousy pay… Im on the milk on a 4 on 4 off shift 30k+ doing a mixture of farm collection and liner (bulk) work, easy job no hassle left alone to get on and do your job. If you can deal with getting in and out of some tight places a bit of cow ■■■ and driving down country lanes its a good job ,but as has been said its not for everyone,based in Essex (not gregorys tho :smiley: )

well i survived first day in ■■■■■ rain interesting but alot to learn and maybe a bit much to do for money but im not shy so if it becomes easier it may compensate , 24500 litres today 3 farms in at 6 back at 1 home by 3 all in passenger seat saw 2 week old calfs very cute just staring at me in awe then saw dead ones tied and ready for collection i expect not so cute probably from birth :frowning: :frowning: used a farmers toilet :blush: :blush: went down a track with rizla paper gap either side :unamused: all in all DIFFERENT but not sure yet .

2nd day 2 farms 6am start Dover area finished at 2. Gave a jug of milk to 12 farm cats. Dropped my hi viz in cow ■■■■. Drove truck fully laden easy enough farms were about 2 mile down single track roads . Made friends with some jersey cows. Got my rota. No Xmas or new year :laughing: :laughing:

Today I met a 1 day old calf and a wild boar and went up a steep hill in rural Kent fully laden :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is it class 2 or class one work?26k for class 2 is acceptable not for class 1 though

ckm1981:
Is it class 2 or class one work?26k for class 2 is acceptable not for class 1 though

. I thought that to start !!!
Class 1 but bonuses as well I take home around 430 for 45 hrs Does me !!! Single man football and beer. CHEAP RENT. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: absolute doddle at mo home by 3 start at 6 couple of farms to collect from , then straight back to depot to drink tea then home which is now 5 mins away.

2 farms today and a Mexican standoff in country lane " YOU WONT GET THAT DOWN HERE " :laughing: fed the cats fresh milk and found out some cows don’t like cheese and onion crisp smelling hands ! Left at 640 back in yard at 1400 home at 1530 And offered rest day OT all ready on sat :stuck_out_tongue: double bubble might might not :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 farms 6 am home 315pm. :sunglasses: Nice

topmixer11:
2 farms today and a Mexican standoff in country lane " YOU WONT GET THAT DOWN HERE " :laughing:

Sounds like you’re doing well.

Tight ain’t tight until you hit the wall or fence, even then that ain’t really tight in reality :laughing: :laughing: That’s the plant way :laughing: :laughing:

Only time its classed as damage as well is when the lorry is damaged!!! Until then it’s all collateral damage and just don’t count, so ain’t classed as damaged in our eyes even with witnesses :sunglasses:

Ask 8 wheels too… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last time I went somewhere they warned me was ultra tight I had to knock the gate and part of the wall down to get out with trailer. Got in perfectly fine with a 2 shunt reverse, nothing damaged everyone suprised including yours truly!

Couldn’t get out without demolishing the pier and wall, tried several attempts, to prove no other way to do it. Owner conceeded straight away and could see the problem, so it wasn’t classed as damage, as we never damaged the trailer :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: Pier left as rubble and gate twisted up.

Them piers are weak even when an unladened, suprised me at less than 5mph how much damage an 18t tare artic can do. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

You’ll be saying what tight lanes or tight entrances in 3 weeks time, no such thing, bud :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Laugh a minute in the country, just be careful of the mud piles, a thin amount of mud can soon put a stop to forward momentum in no time!

Stay safe and take it steady.

C

Today 3 farms all on overtime 2 collections and a delivery of fresh Jersey. Less than 5 mins from the udders to a ice cream factory, where I made a slight boo boo and took eye off delivery hose hanging over VAT never done a unload before and was on my own no trainer got Lets say a little messed up :cry: :cry: :cry: was funny but do not think customer would see it that way. Pub now for BEERS mmmmmm

image.jpg

image.jpg