Military wives

altitude:

pavaroti:
There gagging for it! While the men are away the wives will play. :wink:

That’s just about the sort of post we would expect from a dummy like you :unamused: crawl back in your hole and rot, their husbands and people’s son’s are dying out there, while pricks like you joke about it.

I fully agree with you , Altitude . But , remember , the posters location is perhaps a clue as to WHY he chooses to be so disrespectful and disloyal to our Forces , and their loved ones and families. If National Sercice were to be reinstated , then these sorts from dubious parentage would be the first to run away , or produce " sick notes " from their mummies. Let these dummies lose a loved one , then perhaps their attitudes would change . Dont forget , if it hadnt been for the sacrifice of our forelders , then this Countrys current language would
probably be German.

Thank You, and a Happy Christmas to all our members in the Forces.
cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:
…then this Country`s current language would probably be German.

You say that like it would be a bad thing? :wink: You’re getting very close to proving Goodwin’s Law there and we are still on the first page, that’s kinda early. :stuck_out_tongue:

pavaroti:

altitude:

pavaroti:

That’s just about the sort of post we would expect from a dummy like you :unamused: crawl back in your hole and rot, their husbands and people’s son’s are dying out there, while pricks like you joke about it.

Freedom of choice. Those fellas are doing what they wanna do, play soldiers. Most young men are all gung ho for it. As i would be if i were 16 again. Take a chill pill altitude. :unamused:

Sorry but it’s not me that needs a pill, I think you need a growing up pill if there is one. :unamused: I agree the lads took the job and they are doing it, and sadly giving their lives for it, I don’t think that can be called playing soldiers. But you are making very sad statements about their wives, so you know they’re doing this do you :question: we will wait for your next post when you tell us all that your the big man that’s seeing to them, and I very much doubt that. :unamused:

cattle wagon man:

altitude:

pavaroti:

I fully agree with you , Altitude . But , remember , the posters location is perhaps a clue as to WHY he chooses to be so disrespectful and disloyal to our Forces , and their loved ones and families. If National Sercice were to be reinstated , then these sorts from dubious parentage would be the first to run away , or produce " sick notes " from their mummies. Let these dummies lose a loved one , then perhaps their attitudes would change . Dont forget , if it hadnt been for the sacrifice of our forelders , then this Countrys current language would
probably be German.

Thank You, and a Happy Christmas to all our members in the Forces.
cattle wagon man.

Your not wrong there cattle wagon man. If you think it’s smart being cannon fodder for the muppets that run and have ran this country then thats evolution at work. :wink:

Nothing against Germany myself a very well run, clean country unlike the UK.

Coffeeholic:

cattle wagon man:
…then this Country`s current language would probably be German.

You say that like it would be a bad thing? :wink:

yeah but we would all be blond haired, blue eyed, goose stepping, little gay boys :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the actual song is bloody awful! I’ve downloaded it and deleted it without listening - I applaud and support the reason for it, I just don’t like it…

DonutUK:

Muckaway:

Gembo:
It grates like hell with me im afraid, like a lathe does that’s ran out of cutting fluid :grimacing:

I couldn’tve put it better myself. Too many do gooders jumping on the charidee bandwagon.

Hang on a minute…do gooders?

Get real, these are the wives and partners of people serving in the armed forces…the song lyrics are composed from the letters sent to their loved ones, actual real love letters.

How much more genuine do you want? Infinitely better than the manufactured crap that pollutes the airways normally.

You know those boxes they keep bringing back, first through Wooten Bassett, now through Brize, in every one of those is someone’s loved one…why the [zb] shouldn’t they be allowed their moment in the spotlight?

Ok, so the song is not perfect, but by christ i am still proud to have bought it…it’s not about the song, it’s about the sacrifice that is made not just by the serving soldiers but by the families they leave behind when they are on deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ

this +1

The Sarge:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the actual song is bloody awful! I’ve downloaded it and deleted it without listening - I applaud and support the reason for it, I just don’t like it…

No you’ve sort of missed the point Sarge, it’s not about the song it’s about the low life blagging the squaddies wives.

Muckaway:
Where did I slate the armed forces? I don’t like the MW song, sorry if that offends anyone but I don’t buy what I don’t like. That goes for charity cds, big issue (tramp change), truck bling, truck mags etc.
Re national service Cattle Wagon Man, I looked into joining the Raf at 17 in the MT section. Then I realised I could earn more in civvy street so took that path instead. I used to volunteer on a steam railway until it got too expensive to keep dring there, plus work overtime had to come first so don’t tar me as being selfish.

I could’nt have put that better myself either m8. :wink:

And for anyone else that asumes im not patriotic or in anyway not supportive of my country, i also hate the fact that these guys are getting blown up and shot by those bloody sand monkeys and i applaud the sacrifice that they make to this country, i just hate the bloody song!

altitude:

The Sarge:

No you’ve sort of missed the point Sarge, it’s not about the song it’s about the low life blagging the squaddies wives.

Don’t quite understand the “point” you are attempting to make, but having read your other posts on here - I’m not going to bother…

DonutUK:

Muckaway:

Gembo:
It grates like hell with me im afraid, like a lathe does that’s ran out of cutting fluid :grimacing:

I couldn’tve put it better myself. Too many do gooders jumping on the charidee bandwagon.

Hang on a minute…do gooders?

Get real, these are the wives and partners of people serving in the armed forces…the song lyrics are composed from the letters sent to their loved ones, actual real love letters.

How much more genuine do you want? Infinitely better than the manufactured crap that pollutes the airways normally.

You know those boxes they keep bringing back, first through Wooten Bassett, now through Brize, in every one of those is someone’s loved one…why the [zb] shouldn’t they be allowed their moment in the spotlight?

Ok, so the song is not perfect, but by christ i am still proud to have bought it…it’s not about the song, it’s about the sacrifice that is made not just by the serving soldiers but by the families they leave behind when they are on deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ

+1

I heard it in the car earlier on; Thought our friends’ cat was stuck to one of my wheels :smiling_imp: Seriously though, if it wasn’t for the cause, it’d be panned by everybody and be as bad as those coffin dodgers doing that generation song a few years ago.

Have you ever been in the forces? Have you ever been injured? Have you ever had injuries from warfare minor or life changeing? Has any other members of your own family or freinds either? Do you know what the waiting is like when a loved one is away on the front line, not knowing if you or their children will ever see them again alive, or with limbs missing, or in a coffin.
So I realy do not care what you think of them singing. Let them have their moment.

Muckaway:
I heard it in the car earlier on; Thought our friends’ cat was stuck to one of my wheels :smiling_imp: Seriously though, if it wasn’t for the cause, it’d be panned by everybody and be as bad as those coffin dodgers doing that generation song a few years ago.

Ah now hang on a minute…yesterday they were “do gooders jumping on the charidee bandwagon”…now they have a “cause”?

It maybe a bit sentimental, but it’s not as bad as some of the crap that has made Xmas no 1 in years gone by. Certainly don’t think it would be panned by everybody, just those who don’t really appreciate classical music or even understand that this is about so much more than the actual song itself.

Still, those with narrow and/or shallow minds will probably hate it.

bonnie lass:
Have you ever been in the forces? Have you ever been injured? Have you ever had injuries from warfare minor or life changeing? Has any other members of your own family or freinds either? Do you know what the waiting is like when a loved one is away on the front line, not knowing if you or their children will ever see them again alive, or with limbs missing, or in a coffin.
So I realy do not care what you think of them singing. Let them have their moment.

My Gt Grandfather was wounded in WW1…allegedly a bible/prayer book in his pocket saved him
One Grandfather fought in WW2, the other was in Home Guard as he failed eyesight test but drove lorries and picked up crashed aircraft; found body parts in them too.
One Great Uncle was in tank regiment in North Africa and Italy…his brother was a driver for General Staff and was evacuated at Dunkirk and ended the war out India somewhere.
I’ve also met a couple of firemen who were sent from Witney all the way to Coventry the night it was flattened…they could see the glow from Banbury :cry:
So yes I’ve heard first hand what it’s like.

Muckaway:

bonnie lass:

My Gt Grandfather was wounded in WW1…allegedly a bible/prayer book in his pocket saved him
One Grandfather fought in WW2, the other was in Home Guard as he failed eyesight test but drove lorries and picked up crashed aircraft; found body parts in them too.
One Great Uncle was in tank regiment in North Africa and Italy…his brother was a driver for General Staff and was evacuated at Dunkirk and ended the war out India somewhere.
I’ve also met a couple of firemen who were sent from Witney all the way to Coventry the night it was flattened…they could see the glow from Banbury :cry:
So yes I’ve heard first hand what it’s like.

Then why be so disrespectful?

So I can’t say I don’t like it now? I thought this was a free country? charity singles don’t need to be as good as commercial ones as they know people will buy as if it’s a donation. Take the Big issue; If it didn’t buy tramps some Special Brew who the hell would buy the crap?

Well said , Bonnie Lass !
Perhaps Muckaway has a well-tuned singing voice , and would prefer to record a song for all of us to hear .
May I suggest he sings the Grand Opening Introduction for the 2012 Olympics.
There should be no worries for you , Muckaway , because if you cant sing properly , you wont be thrown
to the lions in the pit , as of the Roman era !!
Thank you , cattle wagon man.

P.S. I ve just read your last posting , and , O.K. , your forelders had done their service , as mine did too. Therefore you must have been told of the worries and hardships of those back home. The insulting original statement you made was to ridicule the singing as crap . Dont forget that when the recording was made , the Singers` loved ones were thousands of miles away in distance , but VERY CLOSE to their Hearts as they sang .

Not the olympics!!!

The song is crap. I turn over as soon as I hear it start. And before anyone starts on me, just because its for a good cause, doesn’t mean you have to like it. You can give to charity or good causes in other ways. Some much more cost effective and rewarding to the cause.