Military wives

I know It’s not truck related but a good programme on BBC2 20.40 tonight following the choir in the making from the start, its what you call a feel good bit of tv (It’s a repeat I think).

It grates like hell with me im afraid, like a lathe does that’s ran out of cutting fluid :grimacing:

Gembo:
It grates like hell with me im afraid, like a lathe does that’s ran out of cutting fluid :grimacing:

I couldn’tve put it better myself. Too many do gooders jumping on the charidee bandwagon.

Muckaway:

Gembo:

I couldn’tve put it better myself. Too many do gooders jumping on the charidee bandwagon.

Same.

Love the idea, just not the actual production.

The screeching at the start of the song has me literally screaming at the stereo, doesn’t help that it’s always bloody on.

I’d do the donation to never hear the bloody racket again

well i think its a superb single thats raising money for two good causes the songs has outsold all the other singles in the top 30 complete goes to show its caught the peoples hearts.
stacey sollowmans charity song is arse, never here sod all from her then she brings this out and its being plugged on iceland adverts just doesnt do it for me.
x factor song…well never watch the show so not intrested in anything cowell tries to flog…

lets all hope no1 is military wives and no2 is dominic the donkey… :smiley:

wirralpete:
well i think its a superb single thats raising money for two good causes the songs has outsold all the other singles in the top 30 complete goes to show its caught the peoples hearts.
stacey sollowmans charity song is arse, never here sod all from her then she brings this out and its being plugged on iceland adverts just doesnt do it for me.
x factor song…well never watch the show so not intrested in anything cowell tries to flog…

lets all hope no1 is military wives and no2 is dominic the donkey… :smiley:

Stacey whatshername? Is she the big nosed X Factor reject? Crap song, as bad as Little ■■■■ ripping off that stupid Cannonball song. These charity songs irritate me; X Factor crap year after year…

Muckaway:

Gembo:

Hang on a minute…do gooders?

Get real, these are the wives and partners of people serving in the armed forces…the song lyrics are composed from the letters sent to their loved ones, actual real love letters.

How much more genuine do you want? Infinitely better than the manufactured crap that pollutes the airways normally.

You know those boxes they keep bringing back, first through Wooten Bassett, now through Brize, in every one of those is someone’s loved one…why the ■■■■ shouldn’t they be allowed their moment in the spotlight?

Ok, so the song is not perfect, but by christ i am still proud to have bought it…it’s not about the song, it’s about the sacrifice that is made not just by the serving soldiers but by the families they leave behind when they are on deployment.

wirralpete:
the songs has outsold all the other singles in the top 30

Out selling all the other crap in the singles chart doesn’t mean much as accolades go. It’s like being crowned King of the Stupids, you’re still stupid. :wink: I think it’s an awful, ear bleeding, crap song but I would still rather it was No 1 than anything else simply because of what it is raising money for…

heard the metropolitan police choir are bringing a song out to raise awareness of the hardships faced by serving black,gay, lesbian officers. go on neil bet you will be supporting that one eh?.. :laughing:

Ah yes! one of those threads, where good people do something which can make a difference to peoples lives, but where fat scruffy, unshaven, tracksuit wearing, wagon drivers who have not got a life, but think because they work 70hrs at £7.00 per hr think they are loaded and on a good number.

Scorn the military wives all you want! Think what they have done in the last 4 months and take a look in the bathroom mirror at your self. Yes thats right you aint done nothing in your life this year.

No sterotyping intended :laughing:

Ah yes! one of those threads, where good people do something which can make a difference to peoples lives, but where

fat scruffy, unshaven, tracksuit wearing, wagon drivers who have not got a life, but think because they work 70hrs at £7.00 per hr think they are loaded and on a good number.

Scorn the military wives all you want! Think what they have done in the last 4 months and take a look in the bathroom mirror at your self. Yes thats right you aint done nothing in your life this year.

[/quote]
+1 Especially the bit about the Fat, scruffy, unshaven, tracksuit wearing waste of space wagon drivers…Most apt for some of the Toss pots on here…

Could someone tell the younger guys on here what a lathe was?

DonutUK:

Muckaway:

Gembo:

Get real, these are the wives and partners of people serving in the armed forces…the song lyrics are composed from the letters sent to their loved ones, actual real love letters.

How much more genuine do you want? Infinitely better than the manufactured crap that pollutes the airways normally.

You know those boxes they keep bringing back, first through Wooten Bassett, now through Brize, in every one of those is someone’s loved one…why the [zb] shouldn’t they be allowed their moment in the spotlight?

Ok, so the song is not perfect, but by christ i am still proud to have bought it…it’s not about the song, it’s about the sacrifice that is made not just by the serving soldiers but by the families they leave behind when they are on deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ

i totally agree with you ■■■■■

wildfire:

DonutUK:

Muckaway:

Gembo:

You know those boxes they keep bringing back, first through Wooten Bassett, now through Brize, in every one of those is someone’s loved one…why the [zb] shouldn’t they be allowed their moment in the spotlight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ

i totally agree with you ■■■■■

I was gonna say that! :wink:

I agree with wildfire and DonutUK .
The Military Wives have done their bit for the goodness of this proud Country ,- as their loved-ones have also done.
Upon reading many of the postings made by ( aptly-named ) Muckaway , his intelligence appears to be
rather limited , with his opinion that nearly everything is " crap " .
To insult the Military Wives for their contribution to the wonderful job these Servicemen are doing , then perhaps a 6 months stint of National Service would then change Muckaways outlook on life to that of an ADULT.

Cheers , and HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone ! ,
cattle wagon man.

There gagging for it! While the men are away the wives will play. :wink:

chester:
Ah yes! one of those threads, where good people do something which can make a difference to peoples lives, but where fat scruffy, unshaven, tracksuit wearing, wagon drivers who have not got a life, but think because they work 70hrs at £7.00 per hr think they are loaded and on a good number.

I totally agree with you

Where did I slate the armed forces? I don’t like the MW song, sorry if that offends anyone but I don’t buy what I don’t like. That goes for charity cds, big issue (tramp change), truck bling, truck mags etc.
Re national service Cattle Wagon Man, I looked into joining the Raf at 17 in the MT section. Then I realised I could earn more in civvy street so took that path instead. I used to volunteer on a steam railway until it got too expensive to keep dring there, plus work overtime had to come first so don’t tar me as being selfish.

pavaroti:

That’s just about the sort of post we would expect from a dummy like you :unamused: crawl back in your hole and rot, their husbands and people’s son’s are dying out there, while pricks like you joke about it.

altitude:

pavaroti:

That’s just about the sort of post we would expect from a dummy like you :unamused: crawl back in your hole and rot, their husbands and people’s son’s are dying out there, while pricks like you joke about it.

Freedom of choice. Those fellas are doing what they wanna do, play soldiers. Most young men are all gung ho for it. As i would be if i were 16 again. Take a chill pill altitude. :unamused: