Milage concerns for used vehicles

lespaul1765:
umm, slightly off topic, but does anyone really give a crap if caps lock is on or not, …

yes :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

FORGET DAFS at least 53 plate CFs, mines got 43k km on the clock and its major bits are failing in turn, one of it’s sisters (my original truck) went in for service and LOLER and I’m not gonna see it again, or my waterproofs :imp: (it’sbeen condemned). but they’ve had a hard life city centre multidropping and newbie agency drivers who think vehicle sympathy is something you give the truck when its poorly.

ok, my bad, just something i dont really think is a big issue,

lespaul1765:
ok, my bad, just something i dont really think is a big issue,

for some reason lespaul leaving cap locks on in a TN thread gets the locals and mods more anxious than subjects of ■■■■■■ perversion…I guess you have to be there…

I think most modern stuff will do alot of kms without too many problems but
as someone else stated remember its kms and not miles.Also you never
know if the vehicle has had a replacement tacho or 2 in its life.Personally
i have bought motors with alot of kms on them and never had a real problem
although to be fair we do low mileage.The general condition should give
you some idea if its been looked after a bit like buying a car,if its hanging
walk away.

chappy261:
ive been wondering the same about mileage concerns! im looking at starting up on my own and i was looking at a renault premium or an iveco stralis but silver_surfer says dont buy 1! whats the matter with them?

its a question of personal taste, i’ve had 3 different stralis, 2 x 04 and 1 x 54, and never had a thing go wrong with 2 of them, the only one that did go wrong blew a turbo, but the engine management system shut the vehicle down that quickly it ended up with it being a quick replacement job and no further damage.
i was lucky with that one, late afternoon, recovered off the M25 into enfield, turbo delivered overnight and on my way again in the morning.

what ive been seeing is u get good VFM with a stralis, i seen a ‘04’ 430bhp yesterday with 350,000km on it for £14k. u cant even get a ‘02/52’ fh12 with a 1,000,000km for that money!

chappy261:
what ive been seeing is u get good VFM with a stralis, i seen a ‘04’ 430bhp yesterday with 350,000km on it for £14k. u cant even get a ‘02/52’ fh12 with a 1,000,000km for that money!

That says an awful lot about the Iveco…and it’s not that the Stralis is VFM!

as far i can see its a good truck to start of with, goof mpg, its lez complient and its got plenty of space inside!

chappy261:
as far i can see its a good truck to start of with, goof mpg, its lez complient and its got plenty of space inside!

If you get a Stralis, you will very soon be on first name terms with your local dealer because you will be calling them out a lot :cry:

the engines are pretty good, the transmission is pretty good, but the electronics that ru the transmission is total pants, after a while, it will stop talking to it and leave you in the [zb]

as for the space inside them, there maybe a lot of space, but there isn’t that much cupboard space.

at the end of the day, you get what you pay for :confused:

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

chappy261:
ive been wondering the same about mileage concerns! im looking at starting up on my own and i was looking at a renault premium or an iveco stralis but silver_surfer says dont buy 1! whats the matter with them?

lombard.co.uk/assets/assets-for-sale/

check this out for value who wouldnt be tempted with that cab,power,stacks the lot…but will it break your heart…hopefully not but thats not likely is it.
ps. this is a great site for value.

ellies dad:

chappy261:

lombard.co.uk/assets/assets-for-sale/

check this out for value who wouldnt be tempted with that cab,power,stacks the lot…but will it break your heart…hopefully not but thats not likely is it.
ps. this is a great site for value.

theres a few nice mercs on there with low prices and low km’s!!!

DEANB:
The general condition should give
you some idea if its been looked after a bit like buying a car,if its hanging
walk away.

not neccesarily, i bought this

because the price was right.

it looked like this when it went on the road a few weeks later

That lombard site has a choice of 5 brand new daf xf 460’s spacecab 6x2
€70k :open_mouth: thats a €25k saving per truck

i thought that was a different magnum 4 a moment just then!! nice job, whats the mechanicals like?

theres plenty of folk making money with premiums. the worst motors for cost and breakdowns on my last firm were fh12’s, dont be fooled by the badge, they aint all that sometimes! so take each motor on it’s merit and get good pro mechanic advice. not just stuff off here, no disrespect meant, it’s just common sense.

if u look at the front wheels on the done up magnum, has got positive camber?

My topline had 540,000 on the clock when i bought it in 06, should turn the million K’s between now and christmas. A high mileage swede ain’t that rare. Mileage shouldn’t be a deciding factor. I did know of an 85 DAF that only had 360’000 on the clock and it was mullered. It was a farm lorry that had been on tipper work most of its life. It’s been replaced by an Axor, gonna be interesting to see how that stands up.

my old r reg daf 85 has 1.4 million ks on it and has just been took off the road to b sold at auction,the only major thing replaced was the gearbox.all our dafs have been replaced with axors and no way will they manage that milage with how they have performed so far.so if i had the choice it would be a daf everytime.