Might be a vacancy at

…Loan Transport :grimacing:

Bloody hell

LIVE: Road shut both ways after lorry overturns under railway bridge - latest updates manchestereveningnews.co.uk … source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only the bridge had decent warning signage :smiley:

According to Google maps, the bridge is signposted at 4.4 metres, or 14’ 9". But 4.4 metres is just a scrape over 14’ 5". I’m “old school” so I work in feet and inches and as soon as I saw this I thought “That’s never 14’ 9” "

Harry Monk:
According to Google maps, the bridge is signposted at 4.4 metres, or 14’ 9". But 4.4 metres is just a scrape over 14’ 5".

It`s déjà vu, all over again.

The design…

Of the bridge forces the vehicle to flip over. Better off with a bloody great big steel beam that gives the audience the classic tin opener effect.

Driver’s a right plum for hitting it regardless.

He wanted to see if the postman had a letter for him. He did-a P45!

Mail strike - you’re doing it wrong mate.

Beau Nydel:
He wanted to see if the postman had a letter for him. He did-a P45!

He won’t get any kind of letter from that van, as it looks like a Cashco van!!!

Maybe he’s been watching this

youtu.be/g6HEDyPM5xY

Proper job this one, gotta be a 10/10 with that landing :smiling_imp:

yourhavingalarf:
The design…

Of the bridge forces the vehicle to flip over. Better off with a bloody great big steel beam that gives the audience the classic tin opener effect.

Did the truck hit the bridge■■? The trailer has virtually no damage and why would it turnover if it hit a object straight on?

Macski:

yourhavingalarf:
The design…

Did the truck hit the bridge■■? The trailer has virtually no damage and why would it turnover if it hit a object straight on?

That’s a fair…

Point. I assumed (never assume anything) the trailer took him over but, I haven’t got a clue what’s happened now.

Hi have a look at the link sixties boy posted cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Hi have a look at the link sixties boy posted cheers Ray

Thank you…

Elementary my dear Watson.

No problem Sherlock yhl :grimacing: its a simple case there was evidence the driver hadn’t been a to specsavers which solved the case cheers Ray :smiley:

Is that the bridge near the Stockport B&Q?

stargazer148:
No problem Sherlock yhl :grimacing: its a simple case there was evidence the driver hadn’t been a to specsavers which solved the case cheers Ray :smiley:

Talking of Specsavers, in the radio this morning, a story broke about a man who ordered some reading glasses online and inadvertently bought 60 pairs, this story has gone viral on social media, and in the comments section someone from Specsavers has posted a reply saying “I dont think we need to comment on the obvious”

Macski:

It’s a skewed bridge, so wasn’t hit straight on, these nearly always tip the vehicle over.

I saw some physics explanation of it once, something to do with the impact causing forces to ripple across the transverse plane (sideways) relative to the momentum (direction of travel), whereas with a head-on impact the forces are spread across the front evenly and move through the lateral plane (front to back).

There was some mention of conservation of angular momentum and torsional rotation, but was more simply explained as being similar to a snooker or pool ball hitting the cushion on an angle of incidence, and bouncing off at an equal angle of reflection, but in the case of a truck hitting the bridge the angle of reflection is turned into an angle of rotation because the bridge acts like a lever.

I was just about to say that ^^^ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: