Microlise??

Whats the incentive behind this for a driver?

Do they get paid bonuses on how the manage the lorry?

I see lots of discussions about it but im just wondering is there any incentive to being the super green emissions free courteous to engine driver?

Not at our place no incentive just a feeling of pride of being top of the leader board on the wall of shame [emoji23]

Or a feeling of pride for being at the bottom whichever way you look at it.

Id rather just drive how i feel like and get the job done rather than stand ■■■■■■■ over some print on a piece of paper in a drivers room/lobby. No prizes then foot to the floor and get home at end of day to watch tv.

No prizes but the human competitiveness makes you want to beat everyone else on the leaderboard.

If you continually score low in an area you will get pulled in by training, then compliance, then management. End of the day they pay your wages and that’s how they want you drive their vehicle that they maintain and pay insurance on.

Microlise knows what speed limit your in, hence my recent post that you replied on. I get scored down for speeding which is why I now stick to them religiously, which seems to ■■■■ off other professional drivers behind. But hey ho. As I said, if someone driving at the correct speed limit ■■■■■■ you off then your in the wrong job. Not my problem. If I was driving at 30 in a 40 then id pull in and let them go, but 30 in a 30 or 40 in a 40 then ■■■■ em.

Can’t give you a wage rise if you’re walloping through fuel, brakes, tyres and other mechanical components cos you drive like you stole it. Microlise is a way of tempering some and getting rid of those who won’t learn.

Well I usually get all A’s without trying too hard or driving too slowly.

But we had a group average of A so they changed the parameters to make it a bit harder to get A’s.

I had my driver development last week and after driving exactly how they want I shot from usually mid packish to right up to number 1.

I feel so proud of that achievement I must say [emoji6]

No doubt this week I’ll be back to normal, no real complaints and not at the bottom so I don’t overly mind.

As long as I’m not at the bottom I’m happy.

Our lot use webfleet but the only time any memos are posted it regards drivers leaving their trucks idling in the morning.
Fleetboard is on the newer trucks but they don’t monitor it and I don’t blame them. It’s as bad as the Daf backseat driver system. Mine knocks me down for “speed” if I go above 52.8 mph, and if I took notice of the “braking tips” I’d never get past a roundabout or traffic lights. Don’t get me wrong I coast up to lights etc as much as I can but not like the stupid computer tells me.

A sad thread with the usual Borg answers, I bet you lot are a riot at parties.

I reckon the ’ Robot ’ is the dance of choice.

Now i see why everyone hammers the anchors on after 4hr 29mins driving

eagerbeaver:
A sad thread with the usual Borg answers, I bet you lot are a riot at parties.

I reckon the ’ Robot ’ is the dance of choice.

Tragic isn’t it?

Mustn’t let the boss see me not get an A :unamused:

I’ve never worked with one of these systems and I doubt I ever will. Maybe something to do with having personal pride.

Unfortunately at our place our annual pay rise depends in part on our microlise scores so we have to do our best to get perfect scores.

cgscott:
Now i see why everyone hammers the anchors on after 4hr 29mins driving

Everyone? I plan my breaks better than that & since breaks are for MY benefit if i feel the need to stop before then I will.

Back on topic there is a wide variation in sensitivity (harsh braking, overspeeding) between diferent trucks in our depot so a tool for guidance not slaveish obedience.

cgscott:
Whats the incentive behind this for a driver?

Do they get paid bonuses on how the manage the lorry?

I see lots of discussions about it but im just wondering is there any incentive to being the super green emissions free courteous to engine driver?

£100 a month at our place.But i’m usually mid table.So get £50.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One place I worked for,paid cash prizes of
£150
£100
£50
For the top 3 drivers each month
Also £100 for the most improved driver.

Scheme scrapped after about 10 months,because the same drivers were taking the coin,each month…and the rest of the fleet said ■■■■ it.

Or…

None of the arselickers could get in the money,so they whinge until it was scrapped.

Got it at our place…

Not interested in it one bit - doesn’t put extra £ in my pay, so…? :unamused:

I’m guessing what it does do is, make the company look good so we get the BSI stamp we see up on the wind kit…

Make me wonder though when we’re listed at number 98 out of the top 100 ‘best’ :laughing: haulage companies…! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

commonrail:
Or…

None of the arselickers could get in the money,so they whinge until it was scrapped.

Or some drivers did a nice easy night trunk on cruise control down the motorway whilst others did numerous drops all day in stop/start traffic…

I wouldn’t trust how the microlise is set up. At my old place you could drive certain trucks like a bat out of hell and move up the leaderboard and other certain trucks drive like Miss Daisy and move down the table. Said company does not use microlise anymore.

this is a sad sad sad thread.
how can so many be so shafted and browbeat day in and day out ? :confused:

Id love to go and watch the drivers huddle round the board seeing where they are on the leaderboard :smiley:

All standing with hardons.