Microlise says...

Pulled by the TM to inform me that microlise has picked me up for speeding. Shows me a printout that says I was doing 52.44mph on certain road at certain time etc. that’s impossible I say, as I had tipped in North Manchester and would have come straight down M6, microlise says I was on certain rd and must be right.
I refuse to sign anything and asked for more info.
So when I get home I google location of said offence and it turns out to be a B road that crosses the M6. There is no way I would have been on that road in a 44t.
I have to see TM next week, where do I stand? Does microlise hold your route for a time or what?
Thanks

Obviously ask for all documents referring to said transgression and ask for him to explain why he is so sure that you have been speeding.

Listen to what he has to say then politely inform him of his error of judgement and that in your opinion (yes you can have one) the computer has suffered a non logical dilemma that requires human input and sense be applied.

After you have done this tell him to file in the crack of his (well you know the rest. :wink: )

Sign nothing and say less - it will be fine when it’s explained to the poor darling!

Microlise is a load of ■■■■■■■■!!!

You have the right to take a union rep (if your in one) or a colleague into the meeting. Take someone you trust and/or has knowledge of the company disciplinary procedures.

We had a tracking system that if you asked it to check for speeding,it would show steady 56 mph all the way down a motorway. I think it used to check every minute or so,if it checked at the exact time the motorway crossed under or over say a road with a 30mph limit it didn’t seem to know which road you were on,and would come up as 56mph in 30mph area.
Don’t know if Microlise does this,but just a thought!
Regards John

mkb600:
Pulled by the TM to inform me that microlise has picked me up for speeding. Shows me a printout that says I was doing 52.44mph on certain road at certain time etc. that’s impossible I say, as I had tipped in North Manchester and would have come straight down M6, microlise says I was on certain rd and must be right.
So when I get home I google location of said offence and it turns out to be a B road that crosses the M6. There is no way I would have been on that road in a 44t.
I have to see TM next week, where do I stand? Does microlise hold your route for a time or what?
Thanks

Stand by your guns mate we have the same system one day one of our trucks was showing in Preston and when the gaffer rang him he was driving down the A500 to stoke…
It il be the death off me this microlise :neutral_face:

Can they not trace your entire route thus seeing the way you went ?

DAF95XF:
Microlise is a load of ■■■■■■■■!!!

Sounds like it…

Drivers actually put up with this b/s!!!,I have never in my 27year (so far) driving career had a job where I had to deal with that kind of nit picking,this industry truly is bolloxed :imp:

The problem is bell end,wizz kid,■■■■ licking managers love this sort of B/S it justifies their existance!

Politely point out that the two roads cross at the point where you have allegedly been speeding, and that you tacho record shows that you were travelling at motorway speeds before and after, and also that the motorway is the obvious route between your starting point and destination.

Add that a GPS-based system can only pin-point your geographic location…which is not the same as identifying which road you were on as the two are actually overlapping at this point. The GPS system is not 100% accurate 100% of the time in any case.

Demand a paper copy of the report from microlise and obtain their postal address.

Write to them, and point out that in writing this report (include details of date, who originated etc) and submitting it to a third-party they have committed a libel against you - one which resulted in you having to attend a disciplinary meeting and which could potentially have cost you your job.

Tell them that you are prepared to accept that this was a genuine error on their part in this case, and if they make a written apology to you with a copy to your transport manager withdrawing the allegation of law-breaking by yourself then you will not take the matter further on this occasion. However, any further allegations against you will result in legal action against them.

Ask for a full printout of your supposed route.By the sound of it your system has caught you going under the b road.
Next get another job, sounds like yours is full of b/s and pettyness.
Don`t happen to be based near Nantwich by any chance.

dowahdiddyman:
Ask for a full printout of your supposed route.By the sound of it your system has caught you going under the b road.
Next get another job, sounds like yours is full of b/s and pettyness.
Don`t happen to be based near Nantwich by any chance.

I agree with this ^^^^^

The system is used at are place to monitor fuel use and driving style and we get a bonus if we reach certain figures…but you then get the system used against you for certain things and it’s men in an office that are telling you how your going wrong like saying “you didn’t keep it in the green band at this roundabout” and things like that,and when you reply if I hadn’t had floored it to get out I’d of been there ages they reply with “you need to read the road better” and rubbish like that.
Didn’t mind the system at first but it’s getting on my wick now

Well it’s obvious it’s put you on the wrong road, you were on the m6 and the tracker probly thought you were on the road above on the bridge. Not rocket science…

Can’t they also look at your tacho too. If you went from a motorway to a B road, surely you would need to slow down on the slip road. My point is that your tacho will surely show that you never slowed down, meaning that it was impossible for you to leave the motorway and join a B road at all.

In a previous life, I was pulled into the office one morning and given a printout from the tracker in my van, which showed me doing 386mph through Bedford town centre. My manager told me in all seriousness that if it turned out to be accurate, I would be sacked…

Gary

yorkshire terrier:

mkb600:
Thanks

Stand by your guns mate we have the same system one day one of our trucks was showing in Preston and when the gaffer rang him he was driving down the A500 to stoke…
It il be the death off me this microlise :neutral_face:

We had a trailer in the North Sea once at co-op, according to the Microlise system. It was actually in the trailer park half a mile away in Nottingham.

Pinch of salt comes to mind, it can be a good system, but a good gaffer will know not to trust it 100%.

Ask him if he goes home every night in his company car the same route and the shortest way too! :laughing: then ask him if he 100 % sticks to the speed limits! :sunglasses: and then ask how many points he has for speeding! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: jumped up adolf! :smiley:

I think these systems are being oversold and misused.

Managers should be using them to look for exceptions to the norm…the driver that does 8 mpg when everyone else on the same job does 9 for instance.

They really aren’t capable of returning information with the accuracy and detail that is being attributed to them without including obvious errors like this one. ‘Reports’ need to be interpreted with common sense, not taken as gospel.

Duff information is worse than no information at all.

I remember attending the launch of a navigation/management system where we were told to follow the directions no matter what to arrive at our destination.

We followed the prompts, and ended up following a huge muck spreader along a country lane.

The lane ended in a field, where the muckspreader started working.

Once we had cleaned the windscreen we could see the industrial estate where we were meant to be on the other side of the field.

A map and an address would have been more useful.