Mezguen Transport ,Poole and Armoric transport

It can’t hurt to call him. He is particular about who he gives work to so you just need to impress him with what you are able to do.

But he really is a top bloke. He may sound like a posh man, but he is nothing like he sounds.

do the fimo / fcos thing cos you will have to do that or our dCPC eventually

It wont help you get a job, but I remember when times were hard and I was stuck in Cherbourg. My mate from Sewells lent me some money so we could get some food. He also bought me a beer.

The next day, we were on the ferry going back to Poole for the weekend and an Armoric driver who knew of my plight gave me a tenner.

“Dont worry, I dont want it back, just that we have all been in that situation at some time or other.”

Thank you, Mr Armoric driver. Much appreciated.

Hitch… if I can do anything to get round the FIMO., I will. It takes 4 weeks to do and costs about e2000 to do the course (in French). The European driver CPC when it starts wont be as long and hopefully… will be accepted in Europe and wont cost as much either.

Bobthe dog, I’ll try and call the man to-morrow

I can say that without a shadow of doubt tht Marc Payne who wholly owns Armoric freight is possibly the best operator in the UK today. He runs in operation in a manner that if it could be written down would make a great reference book to be used by the logistics colleges.
Aside from all this he is the nicest chap you could come across.
I can only suggest you have a good CV prepared and checkable references ready… He has almost certainly forgotten more about Fridge haulage than I will ever know. Top company if you can get a start. Good Luck.

Neville:
I can say that without a shadow of doubt tht Marc Payne who wholly owns Armoric freight is possibly the best operator in the UK today. He runs in operation in a manner that if it could be written down would make a great reference book to be used by the logistics colleges.
Aside from all this he is the nicest chap you could come across.
I can only suggest you have a good CV prepared and checkable references ready… He has almost certainly forgotten more about Fridge haulage than I will ever know. Top company if you can get a start. Good Luck.

That is praise indeed, reading some of these posts, I wonder if it was actually the Boss who helped me out of a sticky situation. Does he occasionally drive Neville?

Thank-you Neville, your words have definately been taken on board. Hopefully the CV will do me credit, been in the industry about 30 years.
Just one question though, will my living in France jeopardise my chances of getting a job there ?

Well your going to have to ask him aren’t you, but i wouldn’t get your hopes up. Probably a silly question but what’s the point (unless your cashed up or retired ) of living in a country where you can’t work. This french driver CPC thing, surely it must be illegal in european law, doesn’t it contradict the right to work in any european country ?.

Ex Haulier:
This french driver CPC thing, surely it must be illegal in european law, doesn’t it contradict the right to work in any european country ?.

Most probably, but that is why we love the French. Where else would you see such patriotic behavior. Almost every French family will have at least one Citroen, Peugeot or Renault in the drive. They will defend there Champagne and regional wines. turn their noses up at New Zealand or Irish butter.

The French supermarkets listen to all these Euro rules on produce and then fill their shelves with perfectly edible bent bananas and over size apples. They have created a worlwide market in plastic bottled water by pretending there own will give you the squits :stuck_out_tongue:

Will the CPC be accepted in France? The answer is probably “NON”

Good Morning Wheel Nut…
Marc certainly drives from time to time… Not so much these days as time does not permit him to do so. In the past he has been known to do what is needed to get the job done like all good bosses… Tranship trailers, drive, wash vehicles, shunt trailers, Etc, Etc.

As for the driver who lives in France… I do not think it would be a limiting factor and we have employed people who live in Belgium, and Holland and it can work very well…Regards

Hi again Neville, just wondered, do you actually work for Marc, or someone else ? Reason I ask is that you are based in Dover and they are from the west country.

neville runs heritage in dover… ask him for a job failing that instead of wittering about amouric phone and ask for marc.

jessicas dad:
neville runs heritage in dover… ask him for a job failing that instead of wittering about amouric phone and ask for marc.

Well so sorry JD I only asked and I certainly don’t think you needed to be so rude with you reply. :angry:
It’s certainly not " wittering " as you put it, when you are trying to find out info from fellow drivers, …or even bosses. (how was I to know that about Neville running Heritage). :open_mouth:

Oh by the way it’s spelt A R M O R I C no “U” :blush:

Hey Chaps… I have known Marc since i first started in business… If I go to Brittany with a trailer… He re-loads me… i have also met him socially. My earlier comments say it all.
He is Top Man in this business and I respect him tremendously.
Best of luck to you.

Sorry Neville I thought you were a driver, :blush: … Small world though, I have been to the Heritage depot in Dover ( had to drop a load there ).
Used to do work for SDM, SOLSTOR and other companies when I worked for a small haulier in Snodland, you probably know the one I’m talking about. - Silvercrest t/a TLC European. Not sure if they are still going but the boss Arnie, did have some nice wagons.

Hey… I do indeed know the company and indeed Arnie very well. They used to pull traction for me and did do for some years. I know the company folded as Silvercresat but they are still laive and operating from the same site… Went onto containers for a while… They will always be around in some shape or form as Haulage is in Arnies blood…
Regards

pierrot 14:

jessicas dad:

Well so sorry JD I only asked and I certainly don’t think you needed to be so rude with you reply. :angry:
It’s certainly not " wittering " as you put it, when you are trying to find out info from fellow drivers, …or even bosses. (how was I to know that about Neville running Heritage). :open_mouth:

Oh by the way it’s spelt A R M O R I C no “U” :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: have you phoned him yet :question: :question: :question: :question:

I think he is working on the basis that the meek will inherit the earth, probably hasn’t figured that they will have a bloody long wait. Get on with it man.

Neville:
Hey… I do indeed know the company and indeed Arnie very well. They used to pull traction for me and did do for some years. I know the company folded as Silvercresat but they are still laive and operating from the same site… Went onto containers for a while… They will always be around in some shape or form as Haulage is in Arnies blood…
Regards

Yes, I remember seeing one of your trailers in his yard, probably pulled it at some time too. Has he still got those units with the airbrush paintings on them, themed on the Thunderbirds ? They were really a work of art, and yes, you’re definately right about diesel running through his veins!

And in reply to the others. I did ring Marc at Armoric, but he currently has no vacancies, :frowning: but asked me to send in my CV, so here’s hoping :wink:

pierrot 14:
[And in reply to the others. I did ring Marc at Armoric, but he currently has no vacancies, :frowning: but asked me to send in my CV, so here’s hoping :wink:

good im glad you did it and im also glad he gave you the time of day to ask for your cv.

the problem that rattles alot of people on here is that members come on here asking for advice on companies and get good advice then never follow it up and it miffs people. whats worse is they come on here get good advice get a job then never tell anybody or thank anyone and we only find out our advice was fruitful a few months down the line by chance.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: