Mezguen Transport ,Poole and Armoric transport

:slight_smile: Hi all, anybody know much about these firms, or better still know any of their drivers. :question:
I know they pull fridges and do France, but would like a bit more info from people in the know.
Many thanks :wink:

Amoric are based in Plymouth in Devon. I believe they have some connection with a firm in St Pol de Lyon in Brittany. Have seen them loading In St Merryn Meats.

If you’re looking for a job then forget it, its dead mans shoes.

failing that, I can get an address and phone number for you.

Thank-you Semtex, yes am looking to get a job there, thought it might be a hard one to get into. Just wondered if it was worth giving them a call to find out if they would take on an English driver living in France :question:

Chatted to a few of their drivers, they told me if i was interested to go in and see them, as the boss gets so many phone calls he never even writes them down.

Was also told the chance of getting on full time straight away wasnt very likely and i would have to do relief work first.

It is always worth a try but that was I was told a few days ago (yeah yeah MMTM)

Have a look here

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36250

You may get some luck with some of these firms

Thank-you both for that, might give them a call, What about Mezguin? I’m sure they have English registered wagons, thought they had an office Plymouth/Poole area too? :confused:

I have never heard or seen Mezguin trucks around

daleyboy:

White fridges, green sign writing, spelt more like MESGUIN, me thinks :wink:

Mostly DAFs, IIRC…

Might be spelt with an S . White fridge trailers, the name is set as aGreen on black written sign in itallics, stretches about half way along the trailer

Armoric were based in Plymouth and at one time were part of the Sealane group, but the managment might of bought it out. Mezquen are from Brittany, been around a lot of years and do a lot of produce from that area. I think they also do all those bagged salads from there. I think they may have an office at the fish dock in newlyn, cornwall.

Stanley Mitchell:

daleyboy:

White fridges, green sign writing, spelt more like MESGUIN, me thinks :wink:

Mostly DAFs, IIRC…

I believe they are one and the same with Amoric, same style of writing and livery. I could be wrong but I think that is the french company I was on about in my first post

You could be right there Semtex.
The reason I originally asked is that I live in France, moved from England 2005. and am looking for an English/French company that I can work for from here, via a depot based in England. Reason for this is, you may already know, over here you have to have what’s called a F.I.M.O. ( French equivalent of the new Driver CPC) which has been going for a few years now., so I can’t work directly through a company based here.

There is one company and that is s and k in Barry. Just depends how desperate you are. But they would let you take the lorry home, but its all curtainsiders and the money is crap, but the work is good

Thanks Daleyboy,
Yellow trailers, if I remember rightly?, used to see them in France when I was on way to Italy, when I worked for Europa out of Kent.
Don’t suppose you know any ND drivers, do you? heard some time ago that some of their UK depot’s used to use English drivers that lived in France.
Just off to check the S&K web site, so catch up later :wink:

heres their site and if you want a number and who to talk to send me a pm

www.skhaulage.net

Cheers, have sent you a PM for that info, if any other ideas come up or things that you’ve heard that would be of interest, just PM me .

Mesguen were based in the docks in Plymouth, next to HTG. They used to use lots of subbies but I don’t know anymore.

Armoric are, or were, an excellent bunch. Mark, the boss, is a really decent bloke. The work was a little monotonous, lots of chickens, but it wasn’t a bad payer and they were really good to me when a pallet of chickens fell on me and fractured my sternum. I was able to work as they put me on light work which didn’t involve much movement on my part.

If you can get to see Mark, and he offers you holiday relief work, then he will keep you going and will get you sorted when he can. The HR work is a prelude really.

Mesguen, if IIRC, are at St Pol de Leon, as previously stated. Next door to Red Cash, the wine warehouse that I frequent a number of times a year. :slight_smile:

Get off the ferry at Roscoff. Left out of the Port. Then left at about the third roundabout.

Thanks for that Bob, do you reckon it’s worth giving the boss, Mark, a call, baring in mind it’ll be abit hard to just pop in for an interview, seeing as I live south of Caen

Try this lot > stef-tfe.fr/nos-metiers/transport, they seem have have depots all over.