Metric to Imperial petition

Im starting a petition to get the whole of europe to convert from metric to imperial…so far i have one signature…

sign here at completelylostmymind@hotmail.com

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes agree, why should you have it easy, if you can make it as difficult as possible! :grimacing:

In many ways, Imperial is a better system. It is founded on easier to visualise distances based on the human body, and the standard unit can be divided by 3, 6, and 8.

But on some human bodies I prefer not to visualise anything … :open_mouth:

Jeez I’m 43 and do not have clue about imperial measures. Well apart from pints miles inches lol

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

The problem with inches is that they are difficult to estimate. They are easy to over estimate…

Let’s remove what remains of every national border and replace every seperate language in the world with one common language.What could possibly go wrong. :unamused: :laughing:

Meanwhile in the real world.Let me guess the metric nazis will now all refuse to fly until everyone adopts the Russian and Chinese standard. :open_mouth: :laughing:

aerosavvy.com/metric-imperial

aviation.stackexchange.com/quest … n-industry

I suppose I’m lucky in that I grew up in that brief period where both Imperial and metric were taught at school so I can work in either.

the nodding donkey:
The problem with inches is that they are difficult to estimate. They are easy to over estimate…

Why is it any easier to ‘visualise’ 25.4 mm than it is to visualise 1 inch.

Harry Monk:
I suppose I’m lucky in that I grew up in that brief period where both Imperial and metric were taught at school so I can work in either.

• 1.To the point of sometimes working with measurements given in metric and machines calibrated in imperial.But in most cases I always preferred imperial because it provides the better solution for different applications such as pints,gallons,ounces,pounds,hundredweight,tons,inches,feet,yards,miles.

While I didn’t even realise that the education system had changed in that regard.While they call that ‘progress’.When it obviously means less educated people. :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

I must be lucky to. I grew up in the Netherlands, where I was taught metrics. And for entertainment purposes, we were told about our neighbours, who drove on the wrong side of the road ( :open_mouth: ), used a non existing currency (the ‘0.9’ at the fuel pumps… :sunglasses: ), and used inches which were roughly 2.5 centimeters. Pounds which were almost half a kilo. (Actually, in the metric system in Holland a ‘pond’ is exactly half a metric kilo. Or the 500 gramms that you buy your mince in tosco in… :grimacing: :smiling_imp: ).

My mind is a twisted whirlwind of languages and measurements…

Gutten Abend

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Why is it any easier to ‘visualise’ 25.4 mm than it is to visualise 1 inch.

Wooosh. …

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

• 1.To the point of sometimes working with measurements given in metric and machines calibrated in imperial.But in most cases I always preferred imperial because it provides the better solution for different applications such as pints,gallons,ounces,pounds,hundredweight,tons,inches,feet,yards,miles.

While I didn’t even realise that the education system had changed in that regard.While they call that ‘progress’.When it obviously means less educated people. :open_mouth:

No, that obviously means some people are out of touch and left behind.

I think the Mule is referring to the common misconception that ones Gentleman sausage is not always the exact measurement that was once thought…

eagerbeaver:
I think the Mule is referring to the common misconception that ones Gentleman sausage is not always the exact measurement that was once thought…

And as any Continental knows, it’s not the size of the sausage that matters. It’s the fullsomeness of the chest hair…

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

And as any Continental knows, it’s not the size of the sausage that matters. It’s the fullsomeness of the chest hair…

You have chest hair on your sausage :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

UGH

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

You have chest hair on your sausage :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

UGH

I’m a child of the seventies… :open_mouth:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

could be worse…he could have someone elses hair on it… :grimacing:

dieseldog999:
could be worse…he could have someone elses hair on it… :grimacing:

Not always a bad thing in my experience…

Ps, that ^^^^^^ is how to quote correctly my friend. :wink: