Mercedes Axor - saracstic dash messages

If you let the washer fluid get low in a Merc Axor it gives you a nice bit of sarcasm, presumably due to poor translations from German:

Anyone else got any good examples of badly worded dash messages?

Paul

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so do as your told "occaisonallY ,
i bet the wife of the progammer wrote that in :smiley:

repton:
Anyone else got any good examples of badly worded dash messages?

Here’s one you don’t want !

Am getting this one the now kinda worrying, and of course its intermittent so merc cant trace it !

You get a slightly different message on an Actros about the wash fluid, but I quite like the Axor one. It does sound like it is telling you off!!

I’ve seen the one on the Volvo myself. The brakes carried on working, but I whipped it into Volvo at Ely PDQ, I can tell you!!!

I also used to laugh when, with 3 inches of snow on the ground, or with the screen thick with ice, the truck would tell me that we were in ‘Freezing Conditions’. No ■■■■, Sherlock!!! :laughing:

The braking characteristics one is nothing too serious. More than likely an ABS conflict between tractor and trailer.

Fallmonk, it’s usually a broken wire in the ABS lead, corrosion in the ABS lead socket or muck on the ABS wheel sensors.

Trouble is it’s an electronic fault so most mechanics are knackered at trying to fix it and a lot of dealerships don’t employ a proper auto electrician.

Fallmonk:
Am getting this one the now kinda worrying, and of course its intermittent so merc cant trace it !

we run 4 06 plate actroses and every one gives this message when ignition is first turned on once you start moving it dissapears . is it not like an abs test light that goes out when you start to move ?

I had “Braking Characteristics Changed” on my Actros once. It didn’t go out, so called Merc. out. They wouldn’t let it on the road and towed it away to be fixed. Admitedly that was after putting the computer on it; don’t know exactly what was wrong though.

We get a lot of problems with the Actros and Wilson trailers with trailer light warning coming up alll the time. There is nothing wrong with the lights, but the warnings keep flashing on and off. Prolly a loose wire somewhere, but nobody can find it.

Conor:
Fallmonk, it’s usually a broken wire in the ABS lead, corrosion in the ABS lead socket or muck on the ABS wheel sensors.

Trouble is it’s an electronic fault so most mechanics are knackered at trying to fix it and **a lot of dealerships don’t employ a proper auto electrician.[/**quote]

1. First thing i done was replace the ABS/EBS lead as thats the 1st thing merc will say , but nope it still comes on , BUT as i sayed it only comes on occasionaly , so you really need to be near a dealer (or take a picture as i daid so they belive you!)
  2. Yip your right no spark at our local dealer they need to cotract one out! , personaly i think its a disgrace its advertised as one of the most technilogicly advanced trucks on the road and they dont hav a spark!

we run 4 06 plate actroses and every one gives this message when ignition is first turned on once you start moving it dissapears . is it not like an abs test light that goes out when you start to move
3) funny enough SOMETIMES when i start the truck it does this and as you say after 10kph it goes out , but when im driving and press the brakes and it comes on it stays on till i switch of ignition ,and even then it stays on ! :unamused:

Its not just Mercedes either, My DAF dashboard

Whats wrong with this picture??

Did ya spot it ■■

+47 degrees :open_mouth: Not in Wales mate i can assure you :unamused: :laughing:

Unless it was set to show some other temperature rather than outside temp? :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Unless it was set to show some other temperature rather than outside temp? :wink:

Nope thats the only thing it shows is outside temp mate you cant change it as far as i know anyway

Reef:
Nope thats the only thing it shows is outside temp mate you cant change it as far as i know anyway

Right. I know I’ve driven something recently that could be set to show different temps on the same display, thought it might have been a DAF but I can’t really remember what it was, maybe a Merc?

Coffeeholic:

Reef:

Right. I know I’ve driven something recently that could be set to show different temps on the same display, thought it might have been a DAF but I can’t really remember what it was, maybe a Merc?

Yes the mercs you can switch it between outside temp and water temp, As i say with the Dafs its afaik so someone may put me right

If it is changeable then its probably one of those press this button 42 times then hold this button in for 32 and a 1/3 seconds precisly put one hand on your head and the other on your toe and spin round three times whilst repeating “thank you very much” in your best Elvis impersonation jobbies :smiley:

Reef:
Yes the mercs you can switch it between outside temp and water temp,

That’ll be what I was thinking about then. You know what it’s like, you get a little bored so you start pushing buttons and switches to see what they do. always hoping to avoid the diff lock at 80km/ph. :wink: :smiley:

I think the Merc (Braking characteristics may change ) thing is to do with non ABS trailers i.e if I use one of our newer trailers with EBS it comes up with that on the dash.

I may be talking crap though,but like I say using an older normal ABS trailer the message does’nt come up :confused:

Reef:
If it is changeable then its probably one of those press this button 42 times then hold this button in for 32 and a 1/3 seconds precisly put one hand on your head and the other on your toe and spin round three times whilst repeating “thank you very much” in your best Elvis impersonation jobbies :smiley:

Fair play thats the funniest thing I’ve read on here for a good while. Nice one Reef. :smiley:

Reef:
Its not just Mercedes either, My DAF dashboard

Whats wrong with this picture??

Did ya spot it ■■

+47 degrees :open_mouth: Not in Wales mate i can assure you :unamused: :laughing:

also you’re doing 90 while taking a photo of your dashboard

‘also you’re doing 90 while taking a photo of your dashboard’

err, 56 actually!!