Mental Torture (following Tesco wagons)

chooch:
You will also lose points for doing 50 in a 40 zone. For us agency drivers, if you don’t keep up a high average score, then there is no work.

No you don’t loose points for driving above the road speed limit only if you exceed 56 mph, then you get an overspeed.

Thetaff2:
Was flat out a few weeks ago in the early hours of the morning going up the A43 by towcester,and I couldn’t believe my eyes a tesco wagon came bombing past me and my truck does crack on a bit. :wink:
It was one of those with the gas can on it,fair play to the bloke for keeping it lit!!
Seen the trl and thought it might be a stobbart pulling it but nope, it was one of those crappy fleet axors.

It was a Daventry frozen one, if I remember right that operation is run by DHL who like tesco have a stupid go-slow policy. I’ve been left for dust by one on the M1.

NOVE:
I was on the M40 one day this week. Wiseman was trying to pass Tossco, with a Holland and Barrett entering the mix.

It made Billy Bidvest look like he had no limiter.

That’s the most amusing thing I’ve read in a long time.

Were there no Marmite’s in the mix?

LIBERTY_GUY:
Totally agree. Just glad I shop at Aldi and Morrisons now… :wink:

Good for you drive, I would too if I had an Aldi near me:lol:

Thetaff2:
Was flat out a few weeks ago in the early hours of the morning going up the A43 by towcester,and I couldn’t believe my eyes a tesco wagon came bombing past me and my truck does crack on a bit. :wink:
It was one of those with the gas can on it,fair play to the bloke for keeping it lit!!
Seen the trl and thought it might be a stobbart pulling it but nope, it was one of those crappy fleet axors.

Arr I’ve seen him, bet they loves it. Can leave you hanging if you’re a bit of an Anorak knowing everyone’s limiter speeds :slight_smile:

Thetaff2:

This happened to me with an iceland motor the other day on the m180 must have been knocking 60 easy as he disappeared into the distance thought it was paddy in disguise

Cotswoldcrunch:
They were like flies around a fresh turd on the A47 yesterday evening.

I whole heartedly agree with your analogy !!! :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Cotswoldcrunch:
Why do they take my safety seriously when I 'm short of time?

What speed did you want to do on a SC?

Well 40 would be nice Rog, being excellent conditions, straight road, good visibility, cars screaming by or cutting in thinking it’s me hanging the time out or playing traffc copper.

Mike-C:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Is there a DC along that route, or is it a very fuel efficient route to use? I parked for the night at that Shell garage with the rough Coffee Tree place nextdoor, and it was night of the supermarket lorries; For every Tescos that went past, Morrisons weren’t far behind, then an odd ASDA just not to be left out.

Cotswoldcrunch:

Mike-C:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Is there a DC along that route, or is it a very fuel efficient route to use? I parked for the night at that Shell garage with the rough Coffee Tree place nextdoor, and it was night of the supermarket lorries; For every Tescos that went past, Morrisons weren’t far behind, then an odd ASDA just not to be left out.

You should of just repeated this to yourself…
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114541&p=1754658#p1754751

Then added on, i’ve got a nice wife, a nice home, nice kids and a nice car so i’m not bothered !!! :laughing: :laughing: Then get on here and hammer the ■■■■ out your keyboard !!!

Pimpdaddy:

LIBERTY_GUY:
The guys stick rigidly to the speed limits and to be honest who can blame them?

Every little helps… :sunglasses:

The limit on a motorway is 60mph not 49 or whatever the zb you want to do just because you’re tesco:!::!::!:

“Limit” as in “the upper most speed you can do” not “the target”.

Conor:
“Limit” as in “the upper most speed you can do” not “the target”.

If I remember correctly 3 minors plus during your driving test result in a fail, ‘making progress’ is one of the criteria. When I was taught how to pass my test I was told to do the limit if safe to do so, not whatever the zb I want just because I’m tesco…:exclamation:drivingtesttips.biz/minimum- … -slow.html

Pimpdaddy:
Most of them can’t even reach 50, it’s 49 actual 49.5 displayed (told this by a mechanic in Thurrock). I’m sure most other road users don’t give a zb about all this fleetboard bonus bollox, we just want to get from point A to B without any stress or hold ups:!:

This is correct, it is actually limited to 80KM/H which shows up as 49.5MPH on the dashboard. On the sat nav, it shows as 47-49MPH

It don’t bother me that they are limited slow. One less ■■■■ who won’t lift off a click or two as you’re overtaking.

I don’t do much off motorway though. You know they will do 40 on sc this is a fact of life. No point getting the hump unless Hes doing 35. I think the slow brigade managers should train them to do 40 if it’s safe as some of them do take mimsing to a whole new level.

Maybe their Axors are geared down, but the 8w Axor demo I had, didn’t like top gear below 40. Surely their fuel bonus would be increased by not labouring the engine or driving it in a lower gear at high revs?

If you have a need to exceed speed limits or your pushed for time then you need to look at WHY
(1)You are either not leaving early enough to enable you to run legal
(2) been delayed in loading /unloading therefore you run late, its not upto you to play catch up
(3) there is something wrong in your scheduling
(4) you have stopped to long in a cafe/layby
30-40 on single 50 on dual 60 motorway these are maximum speeds not minimum,
Computers that determine the scheduling etc don`t have driving licence the Licence is yours not the Companies,lose your Licence lose your job,all the Company will do is replace you
As most off us know the Traffic Clerk who operates the computer and tells you “you can do this or do that” more than likely has no idea,other than what the computer tells him / her
If your paid by the hour WHY speed ■■

Maybe everyone who is paid by the hour doesn’t speed & it’s just the job & knock lads & OD’s that do.

The long and the short of it is that I’m not rushed to do my job, I’m asked to do my job in a safe manner and not break any laws while doing it, wether that’s tacho rules, H&S rules or road regulations. If i do break any of those rules or laws and I get caught I’m gonna get my arse kicked or possibly lose my job if it’s serious enough, so why should I speed?? It wouldn’t make any sense for me to speed, keeping to speed limits earns me more money and to a certain extent takes the stress out of driving.

I totally understand it can be frustrating being stuck behind a tesco wagon or who ever else, but to see pimpdaddy say “just because their Tesco” is a bit stupid really, Tesco don’t make the laws, they just ask their drivers to not break them.

I was grateful for having a Tesco DD in front when the A47 was closed, I just followed that and didn’t have to bother getting the map out to find a suitable diversion.

selby newcomer:
I totally understand it can be frustrating being stuck behind a tesco wagon or who ever else, but to see pimpdaddy say “just because their Tesco” is a bit stupid really, Tesco don’t make the laws, they just ask their drivers to not break them.

How is it a bit stupid, it’s tesco that decided to limit it’s trucks to 49mph, not the law-it’s tesco that come up with this fleetboard bonus crap that in turn makes you the drivers drive in an uncourteous manner, NOT THE LAW…:exclamation: