Mental Torture (following Tesco wagons)

Why do they take my safety seriously when I 'm short of time? They were like flies around a fresh turd on the A47 yesterday evening. Once I’d managed to pass a double decker who hit such recklesss speeds of 37mph, I catch another faster than you can say “taking your safety seriously.” Please take it a bit more seriously next time, or I might either starve to death or die of boredom…
…Eagerly awaiting an unbiased opinion from Pimpdaddy. :laughing:

Ok here we go, tesco is zb:!::!: Their drivers’ driving habits seriously get on my nerves. I think it’s selfish, inconsiderate & unsafe:evil::evil::twisted:

I have no problem with the drivers but when I see a Tesco wagon (other lower speed restricted operators available) in the distance on a busy motorway I can see the carnage of indicators and brake lights all in a cluster around the wagon, plan ahead and get out early, though Mr Car and van driver likely do not have the inside info on how slow they are until they catch one up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All that said my rigid is an ex Tesco tractor unit I have been told and gets to 58mph even up a hill sometimes, fair enough it takes a while to get there but… :laughing: :laughing:

I was on the M40 one day this week. Wiseman was trying to pass Tossco, with a Holland and Barrett entering the mix.

It made Billy Bidvest look like he had no limiter.

The guys stick rigidly to the speed limits and to be honest who can blame them?

Every little helps… :sunglasses:

LIBERTY_GUY:

The limit on a motorway is 60mph not 49 or whatever the zb you want to do just because you’re tesco:!::!::!:

One day I wasn’t in a hurry and coming along the M4 I thought I’ll stay behind the Tosco wagon that I’d just caught up all the way back to Avonmouth, well after about 5 miles I couldn’t put up with it anymore and shot past at a grand pace of 85 k.

Pimpdaddy:

LIBERTY_GUY:

The limit on a motorway is 60mph not 49 or whatever the zb you want to do just because you’re tesco:!::!::!:

The o/p was on the A47 though?

The 60mph is a maximum speed limit that only older trucks are capable of now, with 56mph being the norm. Some posters on here have stated their outfits are limited to either 54mph or 52mph, courtesy of the companies they drive for.

Only someone from Tesco can say why they drive so slowly, but I am guessing a fuel saving bonus may be lurking in the background somewhere perhaps?

I drive for Tesco quite often ,so here are some facts. Nearly all their trucks are limited to 50mph. There are a few in Wales that can do 56 and these are usually kept for the Cornwall runs. They are marked on the roof spoiler with 56. All their trucks have fleetboard, you start off each day with 100 points and lose a few through day for hard braking, harsh acceleration etc. You will also lose points for doing 50 in a 40 zone. For us agency drivers, if you don’t keep up a high average score, then there is no work.
I know it’s annoying but what winds me up is when I’m doing 50 on the motorway and have to overtake a car!!! ps. no bonus

LIBERTY_GUY:

The 60mph is a maximum speed limit that only older trucks are capable of now, with 56mph being the norm. Some posters on here have stated their outfits are limited to either 54mph or 52mph, courtesy of the companies they drive for.

Ok fair enough, it’s a 40 so do 40 & be considerate to other road users who don’t have the luxury to ■■■■ about like tesco drivers do, if you don’t want to then pull over regularly & let others pass.

Cotswoldcrunch:
Why do they take my safety seriously when I 'm short of time?

What speed did you want to do on a SC?

Ok fair enough, it’s a 40 so do 40 & be considerate to other road users who don’t have the luxury to ■■■■ about like tesco drivers do, if u don’t want to then pull over regularly & let others pass.

Totally agree. Personally I do all I can to let the rest of you past, especially tippers :smiley: :smiley:

chooch:
I drive for Tesco quite often ,so here are some facts. Nearly all their trucks are limited to 50mph. There are a few in Wales that can do 56 and these are usually kept for the Cornwall runs. They are marked on the roof spoiler with 56. All their trucks have fleetboard, you start off each day with 100 points and lose a few through day for hard braking, harsh acceleration etc. You will also lose points for doing 50 in a 40 zone. For us agency drivers, if you don’t keep up a high average score, then there is no work.
I know it’s annoying but what winds me up is when I’m doing 50 on the motorway and have to overtake a car!!! ps. no bonus

Most of them can’t even reach 50, it’s 49 actual 49.5 displayed (told this by a mechanic in Thurrock). I’m sure most other road users don’t give a zb about all this fleetboard bonus bollox, we just want to get from point A to B without any stress or hold ups:!:

Back to doing night shift for a few weeks to cover for some guys going on holiday. Every night this week, I’ve seen ASDA trucks on the motorway, sitting at about 40mph… good for them!!! I’d soon get pee’d off at those ridiculous speeds :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:

LIBERTY_GUY:

Ok fair enough, it’s a 40 so do 40 & be considerate to other road users who don’t have the luxury to ■■■■ about like tesco drivers do, if you don’t want to then pull over regularly & let others pass.

I have a different view, if I am behind a wagon doing 40 in a 40 zone I am happy to tootle along at the top of the speed limit for that road, if the road was open in front of me I tend to do a tad more if I know the road, I am no angel but I wouldn’t criticise any one for playing by the rules :wink:

Drift:
I have a different view, if I am behind a wagon doing 40 in a 40 zone I am happy to tootle along at the top of the speed limit for that road, if the road was open in front of me I tend to do a tad more if I know the road, I am no angel but I wouldn’t criticise any one for playing by the rules :wink:

Like I said 40 in a 40 is all good & I pretty much do as you do depending on certain things. 30, 35, 37 or whatever the zb you want to do just because you’re a tesco ■■■ is my problem:twisted:

Its mental torture driving for them,there is nobody in front to annoy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

chooch:

Hard to believe that drivers have to put up with all that crud, just to deliver some poxy horse burgers… Looking at that Fleetboard site, they have an interactive messaging system between drivers and traffic offices. I wonder how many distractions and near misses that has caused for drivers? I see they even analyse idling time on those systems. How do you stay warm when parked up waiting for a drop, without the engine running?

Pimpdaddy:

LIBERTY_GUY:

Totally agree. Just glad I shop at Aldi and Morrisons now… :wink:

Was flat out a few weeks ago in the early hours of the morning going up the A43 by towcester,and I couldn’t believe my eyes a tesco wagon came bombing past me and my truck does crack on a bit. :wink:
It was one of those with the gas can on it,fair play to the bloke for keeping it lit!!
Seen the trl and thought it might be a stobbart pulling it but nope, it was one of those crappy fleet axors.