Mayor to block Port Of Calais

kjw21:
I probably could if they were one of the shifts at Asda Doncaster.[/quote

To dam right

raymundo:
A few years ago I was taking a ship to Deliskilesi in Turkey and when passing to the south of Sicily a message was broadcast that a refugee boat with approx 350 people on board had been wrecked under the cliffs and that people were in the water, ‘all ships in the area please respond’ very strange that most shipborne radios went very quiet … including mine I must add !

You’ve left me speechless…and not in a good way, not by a long shot. My opinion of you, often a very interesting poster, just plummeted

green456:

raymundo:
A few years ago I was taking a ship to Deliskilesi in Turkey and when passing to the south of Sicily a message was broadcast that a refugee boat with approx 350 people on board had been wrecked under the cliffs and that people were in the water, ‘all ships in the area please respond’ very strange that most shipborne radios went very quiet … including mine I must add !

don’t think I could leave leave 350 people to die, no matter where they were from :cry:

Me neither. I’m not sure I’d ever have been able to sleep again had I acted in such a way.

switchlogic:

green456:

raymundo:

don’t think I could leave leave 350 people to die, no matter where they were from :cry:

Me neither. I’m not sure I’d ever have been able to sleep again had I acted in such a way.

I thought was Maritime law that you must respond to a SOS call .

bald bloke:

switchlogic:

green456:

raymundo:

I thought was Maritime law that you must respond to a SOS call .

Yes, that is the law but the Italian navy and a few others were nearer. The maritime rules regarding stowaways or illegals means that if country of origin cannot be established then it is the flag state (where the ship is registered) has to take responsibility for them if not allowed to be landed at nearest port. There has been cases where unwanted ‘passengers’ have remained on board a vessel for ages at the shipping companies expense, and you cannot force them to work to pay for their keep but still have to feed them. Our fridges were not big enough to hold enough bush meat for that many. Also our main decks and hatches were normally awash when out in bad weather so they might have ended up in the same boat so to speak.

green456:
If the French don’t want them in France then they should strengthen there own borders and prevent them getting in, not as they currently do, let them in the back door and then open the front door and let them back out to blighty

Ah, but, if my memory serves me right, there are no borders “within” Europe. So look at a map of the said continent and tell me who really should tighten up their borders, rather than putting the blame on the French politicians, the French authorities and the French Gendarmerie. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
Do you really think that the people of Calais, Cherbourg, Dieppe or Le Havre really want these scrotes hanging around their, what should be, perfectly peaceful towns :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :unamused:
I’m sorry but we need to ask
WHY these unfortunates are in the north of France :question: :question: (they certainly haven’t come for a holiday).
WHY are they so intent on getting to the UK :question: :question:
WHY haven’t they resided in a country en route :question: :question:
I have my ideas on those questions, but if I posted them you would say that I was biased, so I will let you all ponder on them for a while and you can answer them all yourselves.
Just remember, don’t put the blame on France, these miscreants, refugees, call them what you will, have travelled through quite a few countries to get to a stretch of water, that on the other side they see as a Utopia. France did not invite them here :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

RANT OVER :slight_smile:

Because no country en route will treat them so generously as when they reach the ‘promised land’ of plenty at the expense of the indigenous natives. Dump them all on the Goodwin sands at low water !!

switchlogic:

raymundo:

You’ve left me speechless…and not in a good way, not by a long shot. My opinion of you, often a very interesting poster, just plummeted

Aye aye,the Guardian readers have turned up,better get ready to don the hair shirts lads :laughing:

tommy t:
It’s my understanding that these scumbag wannabe fake asylum seekers,that are fleeing no more than poverty in most cases, and in any case are already in a safe country France! Most of them don’t destroy their ID docs until they are in blighty, So your french authorities will be able to re repatriate most of them, why are they not doing this ? they French have turned a blind eye to this problem for years ,so it there own doing why it is so bad now, and we should not help by putting money into their pot, Send some soldiers and take control of security around the port area maybe but not write them a cheque,

And as iv’e said the government will know the motives /reasons why they all make a beeline for this country, it’s high time that they changed the laws/rules so that they will no longer get anything more than they currently can get in Calais/Europe and stop being a soft touch , Maybe if we as in everyone who doesn’t think that it’s right or fair that they can come here without permission or even asking to, and be handed free health care and all the other handouts ,should protest/petition for this change whilst uk-plc persecutes it’s own citizens who are on benefits some who have paid into the system during their working lives it’s all ■■■ about face IMO

Spot on.
Too give you an example, as much as i havn’t wanted to i have claimed benefits, (or tried to) for the last 4 months due to quite a bad head injury which meant having my licences revoked. I have lived here since birth all 43 years of it now and was once proud to be English, not anymore. Left school at 17 with good grades and have worked full time virtually since then, paying in full all my taxes and national insurance along the way, like most other honest hard working people i’d imagine.
The benefits people worked out i was entitled to, get this, £72 per week ESA allowance, (sick pay) and the vast sum of £22 per week benefit for rent and council tax :unamused:
In the house, there is myself, the mrs and our 20 year old son who works full time, (the mrs has a little part time job 16 hours per week.) Obviously these wages were taken into account by the relevant benefits ‘people’ to come up with the above mentioned ‘help’ they gave me.
Last week we found out we were £110 behind on our rent■■? We were shocked and had no idea why. After some phone calls it turns out that the £22 we were getting weekly had been stopped by the rent/council tax benefits office. We had recieved no notification from them what so ever that this was the case, or indeed had happened. Not a letter, email, phone call, nothing! They claim they did send 2 letters :unamused:
They bloody didn’t, because since my injuries i have kept in a folder notes on every single phone call i’ve made in relation to this whole episode, aswell as every letter i’ve sent or recieved wether it be the hospital, doctors, cosultants, solicitors and said 'benefits departments as well as the DVLA.
It turns out the reason they have stopped the £22 is because in their opinion my son should be contributing £29 a week more than he is, (£50 btw.) So because in their opinion they feel my boy should pay more, they no longer have to give us anything :unamused:

Perhaps i’m over reacting, but the whole scenario boiled my ■■■■ :smiling_imp:
Yet still by the trailer load, several people keep making it here to the ‘Promised land’ and then wether they get to stay here long term or not they are costing the uk taxpayer money. Now i don’t know what they are costing us on average, but i’d love to find out.

I was going to write a letter to my MP explaining quite how boiled my ■■■■ really is, but deep down i know it will probably fall on deaf ears, and i’ll probably just recieve a reply full of excuses, spin, waffle and ■■■■■■■■ but lacking in straight answers to the many questions i have.

If i won the euro lottery this week we’d pack our bags and bugger off for good, i’d rather pay my taxes elsewhere than here now, as between the E.U, and our goverment/politicians this country just seems to go more and more down hill.
Only my opinion, but it seems if you are honest, legal and hard working on the very rare occasion you may need some help, you are not going to get it.

After reading that last post about the shameful treatment of one of our own in comparison to the ■■■■■■ immigrants do you still wonder why I was not too fussed about not helping a few more to maybe land on our shores ? It’s a cruel world out there !!

chilistrucker:

tommy t:
It’s my understanding that these scumbag wannabe fake asylum seekers,that are fleeing no more than poverty in most cases, and in any case are already in a safe country France! Most of them don’t destroy their ID docs until they are in blighty, So your french authorities will be able to re repatriate most of them, why are they not doing this ? they French have turned a blind eye to this problem for years ,so it there own doing why it is so bad now, and we should not help by putting money into their pot, Send some soldiers and take control of security around the port area maybe but not write them a cheque,

And as iv’e said the government will know the motives /reasons why they all make a beeline for this country, it’s high time that they changed the laws/rules so that they will no longer get anything more than they currently can get in Calais/Europe and stop being a soft touch , Maybe if we as in everyone who doesn’t think that it’s right or fair that they can come here without permission or even asking to, and be handed free health care and all the other handouts ,should protest/petition for this change whilst uk-plc persecutes it’s own citizens who are on benefits some who have paid into the system during their working lives it’s all ■■■ about face IMO

Spot on.
Too give you an example, as much as i havn’t wanted to i have claimed benefits, (or tried to) for the last 4 months due to quite a bad head injury which meant having my licences revoked. I have lived here since birth all 43 years of it now and was once proud to be English, not anymore. Left school at 17 with good grades and have worked full time virtually since then, paying in full all my taxes and national insurance along the way, like most other honest hard working people i’d imagine.
The benefits people worked out i was entitled to, get this, £72 per week ESA allowance, (sick pay) and the vast sum of £22 per week benefit for rent and council tax :unamused:
In the house, there is myself, the mrs and our 20 year old son who works full time, (the mrs has a little part time job 16 hours per week.) Obviously these wages were taken into account by the relevant benefits ‘people’ to come up with the above mentioned ‘help’ they gave me.
Last week we found out we were £110 behind on our rent■■? We were shocked and had no idea why. After some phone calls it turns out that the £22 we were getting weekly had been stopped by the rent/council tax benefits office. We had recieved no notification from them what so ever that this was the case, or indeed had happened. Not a letter, email, phone call, nothing! They claim they did send 2 letters :unamused:
They bloody didn’t, because since my injuries i have kept in a folder notes on every single phone call i’ve made in relation to this whole episode, aswell as every letter i’ve sent or recieved wether it be the hospital, doctors, cosultants, solicitors and said 'benefits departments as well as the DVLA.
It turns out the reason they have stopped the £22 is because in their opinion my son should be contributing £29 a week more than he is, (£50 btw.) So because in their opinion they feel my boy should pay more, they no longer have to give us anything :unamused:

Perhaps i’m over reacting, but the whole scenario boiled my ■■■■ :smiling_imp:
Yet still by the trailer load, several people keep making it here to the ‘Promised land’ and then wether they get to stay here long term or not they are costing the uk taxpayer money. Now i don’t know what they are costing us on average, but i’d love to find out.

I was going to write a letter to my MP explaining quite how boiled my ■■■■ really is, but deep down i know it will probably fall on deaf ears, and i’ll probably just recieve a reply full of excuses, spin, waffle and [zb] but lacking in straight answers to the many questions i have.

If i won the euro lottery this week we’d pack our bags and bugger off for good, i’d rather pay my taxes elsewhere than here now, as between the E.U, and our goverment/politicians this country just seems to go more and more down hill.
Only my opinion, but it seems if you are honest, legal and hard working on the very rare occasion you may need some help, you are not going to get it.

my heart goes out to you chilistrucker, what an awful situation to be in.

Yet more proof this country is going to the dogs. My friends in the US and AUS laugh at how England has become regarding immigration/asylum seeking, is it any wonder the Islamic state beheadings were done by Brits when we welcome every nationality and religion with open arms?

I could go on but I’d only be deemed racist.

raymundo:
After reading that last post about the shameful treatment of one of our own in comparison to the [zb] immigrants do you still wonder why I was not too fussed about not helping a few more to maybe land on our shores ? It’s a cruel world out there !!

Especialy when you pay a people smuggler $5000 to get to Britain and they put in a rest tub and leave you to the mercy off the sea, here’s an idea, keep your $5000 and keep your life. No matter how bad it might be :unamused:

Your only mistake Raymundo was to mention it on here :wink:

Doh hope not I’ll pass through the port 4 times in next few days.

chillistrucker, I really sympathise with you mate. A head injury finished my working life but I was looked after a lot better than you have been. I thought I’d had a rough deal until I just read your post. Makes me really glad we came to Oz back in '74.

As for the do gooders and bleeding hearts… ■■■■ 'em !

I don’t blame the French for being fed up with all the nonsense in Calais & wanting shot of all these camps. It might be on French soil, but it’s a mess of Britain’s making and if the shoe was on the other foot we’d all be angry too. The situation in Calais is only as bad as it is because of Britain’s hand-out state & everyone wanting a piece of it.

Going forward this country has to look at how to curb this ‘promised land’ image we currently have. I don’t have a problem with offering people in need asylum, but we’re only a tiny island - we can’t help everybody.

This nonsense has been going on for 15 years now, probably longer and the very fact that truck drivers, the innocent middle men in all this who fall foul of illegal immigrants breaking and entering their vehicles and state orchestrated money extortion by UK customs who fine the drivers and then release the criminal immigrants to continue the merry go round dozens of times on dozens of trucks, fining dozens of drivers…why haven’t truck drivers blockaded the ■■■■ place before now?!
The French are completely complicit in this by standing by and refusing to apprehend illegal immigrants who flout the law by being there in the first place without the correct visa and/or the legal right to be on French territory and the British are in on the act with their ludicrous fine the driver and release the criminal immigrant.
I’d love nothing more than to see Calais blockaded for as long as it takes for this mess to be well and truly put to bed and if the mayor of Calais isn’t as good as her word and would send in the police to bust a truck blockade, then blockade Dover from the UK end. At the end of the day the situation is little different from being stopped by the police, who then plant some contraband in your car, then a few miles down the road their colleague pulls you over and finds said contraband and prosecutes you over it. The French are planting the immigrants and the British are making sure that there are often queues of trucks on the approach to the port in Calais due to their deliberate bottle necking of traffic in the port for their searches, that leave the trucks a sitting duck with no chance at all against the hordes of criminal illegal immigrants that then swarm on to the stranded trucks.

easy to sort, uk and france get a pot of money together, line them all up and find out where each one is from and then they get a free plane ticket home :grimacing:

Bacon Sandwich:
Hmm. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Calais in France?

If the migrants are in France, they are a problem for the french! We should not pay a penny to clear up their problem.

Trouble is, there’s nothing France can do about it all the time that migrants want to get to the UK, the UK welcomes them with open arms, and Calais remains the nearest place in France to the UK. I doubt very much that anybody in Calais relishes the current situation but it is destined to continue all the time the UK sticks to its open door immigration policy. If people hadn’t been brainwashed into believing that any opposition to uncontrolled immigration was in some way “racist” then this situation would never have arisen in the first place.

Why wait until they have travelled the whole length of the EU ? Wouldn’t patrolling more effectively the coasts of the points of departure or the Southern borders be more effective and turn them around before they land at the front door of the UK by whatever means. It might not go down too well with the ‘do gooders’ of the world (and a few on Trucknet it seems) but the situation cannot continue for ever, even a blind person would see that, and a deaf person can hear the grumble of discontent from the British born man in the street. And if our so called elected politicians (who serve the greater good of the UK … hahahahahahahahahha) would spend more time sorting the problem than how to get away with fiddling their expenses … forget that bit it’s a pipe dream :imp:

There’s refugees, then there’s this crowd of ■■■■■■■■■■ Why indeed do they insist on getting to England / Australia instead of any other safe country. Doesn’t take much working out does it.