May be hanging up my keys soon

So my license is due to expire on 4.6.19 and I had my medical yesterday. It went well apart from a couple of problems. My blood pressure is high, which is over the dvla threshold, and they found blood in my urine specimen.

The doc also told me that I may have problems because of the pain relief I am on for fibromyalgia (oramorph, which is morphine and Fentanyl, which is much much stronger) but I have been on the same pain relief for years, and the dvla are aware.

So I am preparing for the worst and deciding what to do next? Maybe early retirement? But A. I’m a workaholic, and B. Could I stand to be around the family 24/7?

Try BCA…

Delivering and collecting cars on trade plates. You’ll still be out on the road and earning a crust too. The money’s ok, you get good back up including a company credit card for fuel, train fares, bus fares and the occaisional taxi. I don’t know where you live but being close to a train station is a real bonus.

Good luck.

Thanks bud, I have a bca near to me. Ashby-de-la-Zouch has no train station, they have been talking for years about reopening one, but sadly it never happened.

id get blood pressure checked a few places case u were nervous on the day or the gears just not accurate . i was told i was high ,later i bought a home pressure tester and it was normal. having said that i did also go onto lose 4stones after a nightmare overnight experience on the local stroke ward

Hi buddy, went to docs he said you have high blood pressure I said I don’t, after a bit of twoing and frowing I went away with a 24hr blood pressure machine strapped to me. 24hrs later guess what normal pressure. It was the stress of being at the docs. Go back and ask for the test. thebeardedone

yep, they call it white coat syndrome. my doc took my word for it when I showed him 3 readings I took before my appointment. nothing dodgy on my behalf just not good with that sort of thing…

Urine sample? Did you use your own doctor?

johnteller:
So my license is due to expire on 4.6.19 and I had my medical yesterday. It went well apart from a couple of problems. My blood pressure is high, which is over the dvla threshold, and they found blood in my urine specimen.

The doc also told me that I may have problems because of the pain relief I am on for fibromyalgia (oramorph, which is morphine and Fentanyl, which is much much stronger) but I have been on the same pain relief for years, and the dvla are aware.

So I am preparing for the worst and deciding what to do next? Maybe early retirement? But A. I’m a workaholic, and B. Could I stand to be around the family 24/7?

Well first and foremost there is no such thing as a workaholic it’s called being a person who just wants to earn money and can’t live with the fact that when they take a day off they think it is costing them money ask robroy he knows a lot about it
That was a nice way of putting it what it means is your a hungry ■■■■■■ who works all hours and can’t stand his family and never spends a penny

johnteller:

Sincerely hope it all goes well with the health

Had same thing with blood pressure. Got invited for an over 60 medical by my doctor. When I went took blood pressure 3 times and very high. Never had a problem before. Dr set up more tests. Bought a blood pressure machine the same as dr used and low and behold took readings for 2 months and only once had a high reading. When went back to dr for follow up appointment showed him my results and said just keep an eye on it but put it down to being worried about the medical.

Thanks for all the support guys. I too think it was stress of the medical, that and being told that I have blood in my urine :frowning:

Yes, it was my own doc. They did a urine test for diabetes (which fortunately I don’t have) I guess either the test showed blood, or the doc noticed (as did I when I produced it) that the sample was abnormally dark. You don’t normally keep an eye on that sort of thing when you go for a ■■■■■, but I do now. I have to admit, it’s dark every time, I just thought that was dehydration? A bit of googleing leads me to think the most likely explanation is that it is a urinary tract infection. But it’s going to need further investigation and I would imagine that the dvla will insist on it.

Hello Johnteller, dark urine can also be caused by billarubin ( might not be spelt right, but thats how its pronounced) i have it. Nothing serious just how slowly your body processes waste. Also i suffer white coat syndrome, all the best.

Quickest way to reduce blood pressure, stop drinking tea and coffee, and any fizzy pop, or fruit juice, drink about 1-2 LTRs of water a day, this will help clean your liver and kidneys, which in turn helps blood pressure drop, also try walking a mile every day.

You do know that you dont have to use your own doctor for the drivers medical, my own doctor wanted £140 i got it done elsewhere for £48, no urine test etc. I f you havnt sent the form off yet i would be tempted to go elsewhere for a second opinion so to speak, new form etc :wink:

For blood pressure, try apple cider vinegar and dark chocolate. (Although not together. :laughing: ) Mine is slightly raised, and rather than pep pills, I looked at alternatives and found the above. Apple cider vinegar is available in supermarkets, and you can mix 3 tablespoons in water, and have it once a day. It’s like drinking neat vinegar, but you get used to the taste.

Did a self check at the docs on Friday, and mine has come down in 3 weeks, but still a way to go.

Ken.

johnteller:

Or C,can the family stand you being around!lol

nightline:

johnteller:
So my license is due to

Well first and foremost there is no such thing as a workaholic it’s called being a person who just wants to earn money and can’t live with the fact that when they take a day off they think it is costing them money ask robroy he knows a lot about it

:laughing: :laughing:
You crack me up mate, I’m beginning to think you are somebody who knows me,.an alias on here, and you’re just winding me up…surely you can’t be genuine.? :laughing: …can you? :open_mouth:
Anyway if you are, you aint much of a stalker are you. :unamused:
Do your research man, I’m that desperate to earn money and not take days off that I volunteered last year to drop down to 3.5 to 4 days a week, …(with just enough cash left left for my annual caravan or camping holiday in Whitley Bay :laughing: )

Must try harder…tut tut.you are one pretty crap stalker mate. :unamused:
:laughing:

if someones stalkin u its serious. i was stalked 4yrs [online at first ]ramping up to phone calls/cards but wasnt ever able to find out who .That rankled with me but i got over it
i learnt the best way to get rid of an stalker is never to contact them back, total ignore or you fuel the fire. Sometimes stalkers go on to kill their victims so its best to get free of them theyll have others in their circle of victims but long as you are out thats all you can do.

corij:
if someones stalkin u its serious. i was stalked 4yrs [online at first ]ramping up to phone calls/cards but wasnt ever able to find out who .That rankled with me but i got over it
i learnt the best way to get rid of an stalker is never to contact them back, total ignore or you fuel the fire. Sometimes stalkers go on to kill their victims so its best to get free of them theyll have others in their circle of victims but long as you are out thats all you can do.

Nah…it’s only Nightline …I take it as a compliment. :smiley:
If it makes him happy following me on here, who am I to discourage him, he’s harmless bless him, it’ll brighten up his life I’m sure, him having a virtual ‘‘mate’’. :laughing:

Anyway I reckon it’s either Maoster or Beaver…despite what they tell me. :laughing:

robroy:

corij:

Nah…it’s only Nightline …I take it as a compliment. :smiley:
If it makes him happy following me on here, who am I to discourage him, he’s harmless bless him, it’ll brighten up his life I’m sure, him having a virtual ‘‘mate’’. :laughing:

Anyway I reckon it’s either Maoster or Beaver…despite what they tell me. :laughing:

nah I reckon its dipper dave, and if it is for gawds sake get a room… :open_mouth: :wink: