Mason bros rotherham

revman:
hi Paul the driver of this one is Malcolm Daniels from ravenfield(saw him last week)mat white was from maltby-Keith roddis from thrybergh but later moved to maltby the pic is from industrial Rotherham–alan

Harry Clarney Masons company sectary is standing by the Ford

Photo at Wilton Gardens Rotherham left to right Syd Walshaw Jack Cook & James Mason (eldest Bros)

ERF in Masons yard at Cudworth Barnsley

Hi ray here is the masons thread

Hi revman,had a senior moment then never thought to update page,regards paul.

paul motyka:

Ye thank u Paul for the pics,hope ray has some more cheers alan

revman:

paul motyka:

Ye thank u Paul for the pics,hope ray has some more cheers alan

Let’s keep it up till he finds it

this was ray leadbeaters motor at mason/myatts

According to ray he had this guy brand new,first trip was swansea out of Arthur lees

revman:
this was ray leadbeaters motor at mason/myatts

Who did the fridge belong to Alan,that would be a noisy sod. Wincanton still had one or two like that in the early 90s and Scottish Pride as well - calibrated in fahrenheit instead of centigrade.If you forgot you could set it at zero for chill and it would of course be freezing,32F degrees of frost.It happened once but I managed to reset it before any damage was done. :smiley:

I don’t think it was mason/myatts when the pic was took chris,I think gthompson put it on.must have bin an agency driver who set the fridge wrong,a bet u gid him a right b**llockin :grimacing: :grimacing: me & Paul are hoping to keep this thread up front so ray can find it,cheers

revman:
I don’t think it was mason/myatts when the pic was took chris,I think gthompson put it on.must have bin an agency driver who set the fridge wrong,a bet u gid him a right b**llockin :grimacing: :grimacing: me & Paul are hoping to keep this thread up front so ray can find it,cheers

:laughing:
No pal,it weren’t agency,it were loaded on the saturday night and a full-time shunter set it,no names,not me either in case you were thinking… :grimacing:
I came in on days and it was revving it’s knackers off.Opened back doors and vapour wafted out,went to the thermostat and it was set at 0,reset it at 32 and left doors open for a bit before driver came for it.I think it was loaded for Safeway Belshill or maybe Asda Grangemouth,anyroad it went in ok. :laughing:

Hi Alan & Chris,going to see stuart saunders on sat he owns the butchers on high street maltby.I will ask him if he knows ray & give him a prompt for any more pics.I am not sure if he said he drove a marathon for masons or another company,can you remember alan if they ran marathons.

Hi Paul,ye they did have a couple of marathons in fact if you look on myatts thread(masons)there a pic of Eric gamstons marathon,ray his gonna contact another ex mason driver to see if he has any picsa pic of Keith gamston (Eric’s son)& Keith’s lad is on here Luke,they both drive for abs regards alan

Hi Paul you and alan have brought back a lot of mems mate with those pics tell Shiela thanks please i notice Harry Clarny was on (the Hatchet man) That eight Wheeler xbe Hubert Bairstow Shunted that i learnd to drive with him great guy.Jet 385 f big pete drove that when i met him in london when i had 5790 ET COMET we loaded zinc on leamouth rd .I also remember PETE SCORSBY some boy he is.ITS all coming back now YOU have done an old tramper the world of good. RAY

Chris Webb/Revman
The fridge belonged to A Wall Transport Doncater. It was pulled by Thompson Transport Barnsley who owned the guy at the time,it worked out of Frezzing and Cold Store Services Kirk Sandall Doncaster. It was fitted with a Petter fridge with a petrol engine (and yes very noisey by todays standards)

Ray Leggy
Sheila is my mum I will pass on your thanks, not sure if you are aware she is Manny Masons daughter. She is still in contact with Hubert who remains in good health and living in Cudworth, I’ll get mum to pass on your regards.

GTHOMPSON:
Chris Webb/Revman
The fridge belonged to A Wall Transport Doncater. It was pulled by Thompson Transport Barnsley who owned the guy at the time,it worked out of Frezzing and Cold Store Services Kirk Sandall Doncaster. It was fitted with a Petter fridge with a petrol engine (and yes very noisey by todays standards)

Ray Leggy
Sheila is my mum I will pass on your thanks, not sure if you are aware she is Manny Masons daughter. She is still in contact with Hubert who remains in good health and living in Cudworth, I’ll get mum to pass on your regards.

Thanks for that G T. I remember A Wall and Thompsons,didn’t Thompsons did a bit out of Frigoscandia South Kirby at one time? That really was an old Petter fridge if it had a petrol engine,I never came across one,only diesel - still noisy though. :laughing:

GTHOMPSON:
Chris Webb/Revman

Ray Leggy

Ye thanks GT Thompsons are still operating ,saw one at co.shop Barnsley not long ago,right am off t club

revman:

GTHOMPSON:
Chris Webb/Revman

Ray Leggy

Ye thanks GT Thompsons are still operating ,saw one at co.shop Barnsley not long ago,right am off t club

Give my best to Maggie in t’club Alan. :laughing:

Called this morning to see stuart he is on his holidays,try again next week.paul.