Mason bros rotherham

mason bros 001.jpgI have been in contact with sheila thompson her father was emanuel mason a director of mason bros,she has given me permission to post these photos.I hope you get a great deal of pleasure looking at the fleet that was so familiar on the streets of rotherham and beyond.

I am afraid i have no further info to go with these photos.

good pics Paul -here’s one of masons leyland beaver climbing archway

this is one of na3t

Here’s a few more from transportphotos.com/road/photos Bob Hobbs site.
Scammell Tractor unit

CX00060.jpg
Seddon

CX00279.jpg
Leyland Beaver

CX00316.jpg

Hi john that last pic (green Renault) is mason bros.lincs not a different firm cheers --alan

Come on lads i thought this site might attract a few more pictures,i dont know how big masons was but i thought they were regular runners to london,i do remember a driver from maltby by the name of pat but cant remember his surname,please try & help,cheers.

hi Paul the driver of this one is Malcolm Daniels from ravenfield(saw him last week)mat white was from maltby-Keith roddis from thrybergh but later moved to maltby the pic is from industrial Rotherham–alan

another na3t pic masons leyland octopus over tower bridge ,they had a depot in bethnal green

paul motyka:

Any more mason pics paul

Hi revman,yes I have two to scan just waiting for the chap who gave them to me to come back from his hols,need a bit of info about them.

Revman,just remembered pats surname it was flanagan he lived in maltby,used to park his scammell on the roadway between the catholic club and the outdoor market on millindale.

paul motyka:
Revman,just remembered pats surname it was flanagan he lived in maltby,used to park his scammell on the roadway between the catholic club and the outdoor market on millindale.

Was he related to Jim Flanagan Paul,shop steward at MFS late early 80s?

Hi chris,I will have to ask the fella who gave me pics.pat passed away a few years ago.I have put some more pics on butlers thread.regards paul.

masons scammel just tipped looks like tinsley bar mill?

revman:
good pics Paul -here’s one of masons leyland beaver climbing archway

Spoke to stuart saunders this morning he told me he is the driver of this leyland beaver.

photos.jpg
photo1.jpgStuart also gave me some info about these pics. These two taken at rotherham carnival dont know the year I am afraid.

photo2.jpgThis erf belongs to masons on contract hire,it was crushed by a eight ton concrete block being dropped on cab.