Martintrux or eagle wings

Could anyone help me i’m trying to find photos of martintrux or eagle wings both from essex, eagle wings ran gold f88 and 89’s from motherwell way lakeside. many thanks

i think its toothpick johnny who used to work for them, try the trucking in the 80s thread, im sure there are a lot in there

Thanks Johnny, found a couple of pics of martintrux, even one my Dad drove, but cant seem to find anything on eagle wings, a lot of the photos seem to have been removed, i’ll keep searching

Found this cutting,hope it helps :smiley:

Cheers Marc.

Thanks bubbleman, just trying to find stuff for my Dad as he retired last year at the age of 66 spent most of his life doing italy and some middle east in the 70’s

Buster I have some pictures of Martintrux I’ve accumulated from here and bought mainly 111 scanias.I’ll try and scan them on over the weekend

Thanks Rob i’ll look forward to seeing em

Here’s a couple I had at work that are from Trucknet posters.Hope they’re ok will try and do some more later.Have a good new year.

Thanks Rob FOO 155T was my Dad’s truck MTX69 was a trailer used for Austrain work, Have a good night and i’ll chat to u next year

Happy new year Buster.As promised a few more pics.I knew of Eaglewing but didn’t realise they dabbled in M/E.Hope they’re of interest.

thanks Rob, i’ll see if i can find out who the driver is in front of the volvo. eaglgewings done mostly italy but they also done some middle east in the 70’s the drivers had too take turns, i think my dad done 3 or 4 trips

does anyone here remember a driver called ossie, (osgood or osborn) he was on martintrux in the 80’s, wonder if he is still about?
cheers steve.

Hi Steve, Ossie Woods was 1 of the last 3 drivers kept on when martintrux went bust the recivers kept 3 drivers to collect trailers etc as they came back in, the drivers where Norman Gale, Roger Hancock and Ossie Woods, Ossie left first and went to Lyons Trucking, Roger and Norman stayed till the end Roger went to Kentvale and is still there, Norman retired last year and moved to northern ireland

Rob Campbell:
Happy new year Buster.As promised a few more pics.I knew of Eaglewing but didn’t realise they dabbled in M/E.Hope they’re of interest.

Hi all: I was “reliably” informed that the guy is non other than a very young Chris Hooper !
Whether that is true or not … we won’t know until someone can confirm it. I for one think it is him. Theres is a good likeness.
It’s another one of the many amazing Middle East “stories”…and I luv 'um all :wink:

buster5769:
Hi Steve, Ossie Woods was 1 of the last 3 drivers kept on when martintrux went bust the recivers kept 3 drivers to collect trailers etc as they came back in, the drivers where Norman Gale, Roger Hancock and Ossie Woods, Ossie left first and went to Lyons Trucking, Roger and Norman stayed till the end Roger went to Kentvale and is still there, Norman retired last year and moved to northern ireland

cheers for that,
he was my old mans mate he’s past on now but i wondered if ossie was still about.
cheers steve.

Did your ole man work for Martintrux then if he did who was he

no,he worked with ossie on another firm greenwoods
steve.

Hi Truckerash, sorry but u have been missinformed, thats not a young a chris Hooper, its a driver who drove for Eaglewing called Dickie Card

pollystag:

buster5769:

cheers for that,
he was my old mans mate he’s past on now but i wondered if ossie was still about.
cheers steve.

sorry steve, i missinformed u he wasn’t 1 of the last to leave my mistake, the 3rd driver was Brain Pittman

buster5769:
Hi Truckerash, sorry but u have been missinformed, thats not a young a chris Hooper, its a driver who drove for Eaglewing called Dickie Card

no problem at all mate. In fact it’s nice to know who it REALLY is. :wink: