Mark Thompson transport

The name in another thread just jogged my memory. Been seeing more and more of these trucks lately. They are very well painted/wrapped and look great. Have they just set up last year or so. Or just expanded.

I heard been running for a couple years now , I thought they were a new outfit that just popped up from nowhere lol, apparently the top dog is ex bbc radio/to presenter or something along those lines , not 100% sure though as I have never worked there or know anyone who does

Dont think its the same Mark Thompson as the BBC bloke

markthompson-transport.co.uk/

bin goin quite a few years tidy tackle seems to have his head screwed on

got some interesting times ahead

smart looking vehicles

Going to struggle now I think - with the loss of City Link, they had a few in there each night.

They do container work too, not sure what else though tbh

Done lots of work for city link !!! Wounded how safe they are now if they have not been payed from city link ? One goes down normally take another 2 or 3 with them

They do some work for DX as well

They do the haulage out of Ectona Workington West ■■■■■■■

Smoggie89:
I heard been running for a couple years now , I thought they were a new outfit that just popped up from nowhere lol, apparently the top dog is ex bbc radio/to presenter or something along those lines , not 100% sure though as I have never worked there or know anyone who does

I do love the driver rumour mill. Mark Thompson, the man who tried to shut down 6 Music, has one of the highest profile jobs in media, CEO of the New York Times. So I doubt he has the time to be running a small transport company :wink:

switchlogic:

Smoggie89:

I do love the driver rumour mill. Mark Thompson, the man who tried to shut down 6 Music, has one of the highest profile jobs in media, CEO of the New York Times. So I doubt he has the time to be running a small transport company :wink:

Oh well lol , like I said wasn’t 100% sure about it , I’m sure it was another thread on here where I read it lol , maybe I should of knew better lmao

Another company with very generous speed limiters :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Emersons have a 11 plate Mercedes Ex Mark Thompsons, 2 years old when they got it March 2013.
The mileage on it suggests it was worked hard!! :sunglasses:

And even if he did own the company i doubt he’d have his own trucks. He was known for outsourcing rather then keep it in house.

tango boy:

Sounds like a bit jealousy there tango boy

Ive seen em pulling all links, flats, tauts, boxes, and from my own eyes little CIty Link in comparison.
Units dont look too old so poss on recurring lease to save a hit in his own pocket?

alix776:

tango boy:

Sounds like a bit jealousy there tango boy

Not at all each to your own, just makes me laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They are not on their own half the lorries on the road seem to be able to do 60mph

except for the ones that can do a tad more… :wink: