Mark Thompson transport

Now City Link have gone bump he might have to cut em back a bit and save a few bob on diesel

SHYTOT:
Now City Link have gone bump he might have to cut em back a bit and save a few bob on diesel

Ouch… :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder if Mark Thompson saw the letter thats on the City Link thread

As a matter of interest since they based in Warrington do they have any connection with Thompson`s of Warrington who closed only a few years since .?

billybigrig:
http://www.markthompson-transport.co.uk/

its on a City Link contract

LASHHGV:
The name in another thread just jogged my memory. Been seeing more and more of these trucks lately. They are very well painted/wrapped and look great. Have they just set up last year or so. Or just expanded.

They are well painted because he pays you 340.00 a week I was taking home 425.00 a week at a firm were he was a sub contractor with six trucks in the yard his lads were taking home 340.00 NIGHTS :unamused:

He has been going for it ain’t he? :laughing: City link will hit him hard though. Got fingers in other pies though at least. Think he started on mostly City Link? Come to think of that InTransit ain’t gonna be having a great new year either, hope the useless folk at City link don’t take them down with them.

sweeper1gg:

LASHHGV:
The name in another thread just jogged my memory. Been seeing more and more of these trucks lately. They are very well painted/wrapped and look great. Have they just set up last year or so. Or just expanded.

They are well painted because he pays you 340.00 a week I was taking home 425.00 a week at a firm were he was a sub contractor with six trucks in the yard his lads were taking home 340.00 NIGHTS :unamused:

& I bet they were lapping at his balls as the trucks were “nice” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I like driving wagons lads & I appreciate it’s grim up north but come on, emigrate or re-train if you’re only pulling £340 a week for night FFS. Sack up, learn the spanners & get yourself & your family out to AUS or NZ or Canada for £15 an hour and a tidy life… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:

sweeper1gg:

LASHHGV:

& I bet they were lapping at his balls as the trucks were “nice” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I like driving wagons lads & I appreciate it’s grim up north but come on, emigrate or re-train if you’re only pulling £340 a week for night FFS. Sack up, learn the spanners & get yourself & your family out to AUS or NZ or Canada for £15 an hour and a tidy life… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Grim up north?£340 per week is a joke.Is it 1989 or what?Pathetic wages.

They have a yard near to Tuffnels parcels in Haydock. Smart enough motors too. They do a bit for Hermes, they have a few units parked up in the new Burtonwood depot (Warrington). They do a bit of container work. They also do a bit of work for a company in Appleton Thorne along with DPD. Basically, they have hands in a few pies ! Must be a lot of traction work

Kerbdog:
They have a yard near to Tuffnels parcels in Haydock. Smart enough motors too. They do a bit for Hermes, they have a few units parked up in the new Burtonwood depot (Warrington). They do a bit of container work. They also do a bit of work for a company in Appleton Thorne along with DPD. Basically, they have hands in a few pies ! Must be a lot of traction work

I took this about two years ago at Killington Lake.

Smart trucks, always seemed to be around on the parcel contracts.

Must be doing something right!

One of Mark Thompson’s drivers told me they have about 150 motors, thats a lot more than i thought

SHYTOT:
One of Mark Thompson’s drivers told me they have about 150 motors, thats a lot more than i thought

Says on the website they employ 50 lorry drivers.
Could be old news though!!
Also van drivers■■?

If he has 150 trucks now it must be very old news

SHYTOT:
If he has 150 trucks now it must be very old news

Just went off what it says on their web page mate :wink:
Have a look!!

They’ve got a yard in Appleton, I don’t think they have 150 units more like 40. They also do a lot of work for ICL on containers out of seaforth, they cover their scotch work.

amerindo:
They do the haulage out of Ectona Workington West ■■■■■■■

Rumour has it that Ectona Workington West ■■■■■■■ is about to close losing 150 jobs

We have had to drop our rates to more or less break even since they got some trucks in at a customer we trunk for. It is enough to pay our night drivers a decent rate but only just covers its costs

They are parking some trucks in Red Scar ind est. Preston. If your passing in the day time heading South passed Red Scar you will see them parked there.

Cheers Welly