maritime transport felixstowe

andrew from ipswich, Ive just bean for a interview with maritime transport at felixstowe on friday and got offered the job it looks a good company with a good money package for 55hrs work is £375 a week plus a £50 a week meal allowance £10 overtime rate over 11hrs and £23 night out money good top spec trucks i will be starting of as a cab hopper until i time get my own new truck in a couple of months i now all the firms are the same down felixstowe docks just a different colour truck if anybody has got any info on maritime i would be very grateful please thank you

Good company…keep your head down,do everything the Maritime way,dont hit the truck,do as your told and you’ll be ok. :wink:

andy59:
andrew from ipswich, Ive just bean for a interview with maritime transport at felixstowe on friday and got offered the job it looks a good company with a good money package for 55hrs work is £375 a week plus a £50 a week meal allowance £10 overtime rate over 11hrs and £23 night out money good top spec trucks i will be starting of as a cab hopper until i time get my own new truck in a couple of months i now all the firms are the same down felixstowe docks just a different colour truck if anybody has got any info on maritime i would be very grateful please thank you

£6.82 per hour basic. Not a lot really for all the hassle you could get. Minimum wage will rise to £5.93 in October. It would seem that this company don’t think drivers are worth much more…
I’d sooner drive old kit for a decent wage rate…just my own opinion of course :smiley:

andy59:

£375.00 basic for 55 hours is less than £7 per hour, not what i consider a good money package but hey a jobs a job nowadays

Between the £23 night out and £50 meal allowance, you should stand to make a bit from that as a bonus.

I don’t think the basic is much to speak about, just in my view, but if it’s a nice company and enough cash for you, all the very best of luck.

Maritime FX is a walk in the park with first rate kit & back-up . The drivers from the other depots are a bit weird tho,’ got a thing about not talking . If you can stay out all week you’ve cracked it but if you end up in FX every night you lose money. Can be v.boring.
I stayed out all week & that meant leaving my car on the parking area on the quayside. When I left after 2 years the brake assembly fell to pieces & so did the exhuast. The wind whipped the salt water on to the parking rotted the underside of the cars there.

harry:
Maritime FX is a walk in the park with first rate kit & back-up . The drivers from the other depots are a weird tho’ got a thing about not talking . If you can stay out all week you’ve cracked it but if you end up in FX every night you lose money.

that applies to all depots, one driver from one depot will not talk to a driver from another depot, regardless of where either are from, i have even known it where a driver on a specific contract i.e. Hyundai, from one depot will not talk to a driver on the same contract form a different depot :open_mouth:

oh, and don’t even bother asking for bolt seals from any other depot apart from your base

i asked for some seals at Thamesport depot one day, to be told “sorry drive, we ain’t got any”, whilst i was still waiting in the office for my paperwork to come through, one of their own depot drivers came in and asked for soem and was told “yes mate, how many do you want?”

a Birmingham driver was refused any oil for his truck at Felixstowe depot and was told “sorry drive, it’s for Felixstowe drivers only” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

as Bikemonkey has said, keep your head down, do everything their way and FFS, don’t damage the truck otherwise you will be looking for a new job by the end of the day :wink:

oh, and best of luck :sunglasses:

They may be good to work with but less than 7 per hour isnt good i drive a class 2 and go home evry night 9.93 an hour and tima and a half after 40 hours and holiday releif on class 1 same money and if i am honest i wouldent work for that money even if the truck was gold plated with on board shower built in surley as pro drivers we are worth more asda pay shelf stackers that kind of money

bjd:
They may be good to work with but less than 7 per hour isnt good i drive a class 2 and go home evry night 9.93 an hour and tima and a half after 40 hours and holiday releif on class 1 same money and if i am honest i wouldent work for that money even if the truck was gold plated with on board shower built in surley as pro drivers we are worth more asda pay shelf stackers that kind of money

PROVE YOU EARN THAT MONEY!!!

andy59:

I have never worked for maritime but from the outside it looks like a good package

you get- brand new truck every 3 years

parking paid (refer to threads where drivers pay for their own parking)

hourly paid (rare for tramping, usually salaried)

easy work (i assume you sit in truck while customer handball’s it off)

take home £450 if you did 10 hrs O/T (average take home for tramping, i again assume)

am i way off??

it is good money and its buttered up a bit different.

basic week with no nights out is £375 in your hand for 55 hours, plus the £50 meal allowance which isnt taxed or ni’ed so that works out for 55 hours you are taking home £425, then start adding your nights out at say 3 a week equals £69 but isnt £21 a night tax free so if thats correct £488 take homeish for 55 hrs and 3 nights out. i dont know many firms paying that much for just 55 hrs.

start adding overtime on and it soon goes above £500 a week.

jessicas dad:

basic week with no nights out is £375 in your hand for 55 hours, plus the £50 meal allowance which isnt taxed or ni’ed so that works out for 55 hours you are taking home £425, then start adding your nights out at say 3 a week equals £69 but isnt £21 a night tax free so if thats correct £488 take homeish for 55 hrs and 3 nights out. i dont know many firms paying that much for just 55 hrs.

I read it as:

£375 before tax = for arguments sake, minus 25% = £281
meal allowance--------------------------------------------£50 tax free
4 nights out @---------------------------------------------£92 tax free
10hrs O/T @ £10 b4 tax, minus 25% =------------------£75

£498 take home

chris:

jessicas dad:

I read it as:

no thats £375 after tax

£498 take home

oh and holidays are £500 in your hand.

jessicas dad:

chris:

jessicas dad:

I read it as:

no thats £375 after tax

£498 take home

ok

so if you maxed out your hours ie: 3x15’s & 3x13’s

£375
£50
£115 (5 nights)
£217 (O/T 29 hrs)

£757!!!

chris:

jessicas dad:

chris:

jessicas dad:

I read it as:

no thats £375 after tax

£498 take home

ok

so if you maxed out your hours ie: 3x15’s & 3x13’s

£375
£50
£115 (5 nights)
£217 (O/T 29 hrs)

£757!!!

ive got a good friend who does’nt lie to me who took home £617 last week.

thank you everyone for all your help with maritime they are a better company then w carter haulage of melton woodbridge who i worked for anyhow they trailers and money were rubbish

my mate works for them at leeds. he has been with them 9 years and he is happy.

Birmingham driver was refused any oil for his truck at Felixstowe depot and was told “sorry drive, it’s for Felixstowe drivers only”

Unless I am mistaken FX depot never had fuel or oil on site ;which leaves me wondering, where did the tugs fuel up?

i heard that when you start you are on a 3 month renewable contract and you can"t get a job there if you live more than 40 miles from felixstowe,but i"ll bet the operators and manager all went to the same school for operators/managers,you can get there if i tell you you can cos its only this far on my aa auto-route and i can do it in my car in that time when i go on my hols.Still if the world wasperfect none of use would be drivers would we.

Most of the management at FX are ex-DHL.