Maritime putting in cab cameras watching drivers

would you ever work for a company like Maritime who are putting in cameras watching the drivers (not outward facing).
Talk about big brother. At the end of the day we all have the occasional drink at the when and in this scenario could be sacked for it and now they have photographic evidence to boot.
Maritime don’t use agencies so after taking on late in the year to cover the Christmas period are using any excuse to get rid of drivers they don’t need.

scousedave:
would you ever work for a company like Maritime who are putting in cameras watching the drivers (not outward facing).
Talk about big brother. At the end of the day we all have the occasional drink at the when and in this scenario could be sacked for it and now they have photographic evidence to boot.
Maritime don’t use agencies so after taking on late in the year to cover the Christmas period are using any excuse to get rid of drivers they don’t need.

Are the drivers just accepting it??

Is this story doing the rounds again :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

nedflanders:

Yeh thought I’d heard it before.
If trampers have the cameras it is deffo out of order, are there any women driving for them, it’s a ■■■■ pervert’s charter.
The guys should treat them to a few parted cheeks shots, it’s a ■■■■■■ liberty, and as Juddian say’s a race to the bottom…no pun intended btw :laughing:

Its not possible to do this due to privacy laws

I’m sure that D.S Smith’s vehicles have these camera’s fitted

robroy:

nedflanders:

If trampers have the cameras it is deffo out of order, are there any women driving for them, it’s a [zb] pervert’s charter.
The guys should treat them to a few parted cheeks shots, it’s a [zb] liberty, and as Juddian say’s a race to the bottom…no pun intended btw :laughing:

You’ll probably find the camera will only work when the wheels are turning or when the engine is running.

bald bloke:

robroy:

nedflanders:

If trampers have the cameras it is deffo out of order, are there any women driving for them, it’s a [zb] pervert’s charter.
The guys should treat them to a few parted cheeks shots, it’s a [zb] liberty, and as Juddian say’s a race to the bottom…no pun intended btw :laughing:

You’ll probably find the camera will only work when the wheels are turning or when the engine is running.

Or when the piece of tape is removed from the front :wink:

Ocado already have them.

Nft at alfreton have them the union tried to stop it but they’re so far from useful when it comes to drivers standards that 6 months later they insisted we have to use them and they recorded sound to. Anyone covering them up would be disciplined :unamused: so I left, my brother still works there, he says it doesn’t bother him. He also says they’re struggling big time for drivers :laughing:

Heard a few firms have them been mentioned where I work recently.

I wonder if Dipper Dave has them fitted ? :smiley:

Presume the trucks are not for trampers if they are installed

Apparently its only when the ignition is switched on but still big brother in my opinion!
Complete invasion of privacy

I had one labelled “mic” the once. Don’t know if it was for the telephone or what but boy did I put on a hell of a show.

Singing to my hearts content and using the choicest words available for anything and everything. Great fun. “Can you reload and do these 500 drops in central birmingham?” “Okay”. JEFFING SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAYS. THEY CAN GO JEFF THEMSELVES WITH A RUSTY MEATHOOK.

I hoped someone was watching so bad.

The ones at nft were on constant and stayed on during a night out.

scousedave:

Do you really think those cameras will be transmitting a live stream back to head office? I don’t agree to rear facing cameras, but not paranoid enough to think the office would be watching and listening to me 24\7.

scousedave:

Probably would given that I am. Cameras are only in use when the engine is running (not ignition), the forward facing cameras are on when the ignition is on. Footage is only reviewed when there is an incident, you hit something, someone reports you for something etc. As for live streaming to the office, the bandwidth required to do that and time spend to do it would cost far too much and there isn’t even the infrastructure for it to be possible.

It’s after the driver on the M1 crashed while using handsfree and is a deterrent for phone use, I’m not silly enough to use my phone at the wheel and I do my best to drive responsibly so it doesn’t really bother me.

OllieNotts:
The ones at nft were on constant and stayed on during a night out.

Bollox.

DJC:

scousedave:

Probably would given that I am. Cameras are only in use when the engine is running (not ignition), the forward facing cameras are on when the ignition is on. Footage is only reviewed when there is an incident, you hit something, someone reports you for something etc. As for live streaming to the office, the bandwidth required to do that and time spend to do it would cost far too much and there isn’t even the infrastructure for it to be possible.

It’s after the driver on the M1 crashed while using handsfree and is a deterrent for phone use, I’m not silly enough to use my phone at the wheel and I do my best to drive responsibly so it doesn’t really bother me.

If you can manage to have a crash using a hands free kit, then you deserve to be treated like a child.

Driving and talking at the same time is not a difficult thing to do…

I agree that people shouldn’t be texting or holding their phones whilst driving.