Maritime Doncaster

Hi.
Could someone please enlighten me regarding driving for Maritime Doncaster. When on containers, can you stay in your cab whilst tipping or is it drivers room sitting?

Thanks

Phone them and ask them.My guess is the job probably involves more handball than sitting waiting until tipped/loaded.

Whatever you do they’re gonna know about anyway…when they look at you from the in cab constant surveillance cameras. :bulb:
Why tf anybody would want to work for a firm like that? :open_mouth: …beats me.

Mr Curryfart, the font of all knowledge, guessing wrong there. You aren’t insured to have anything to do with the load on containers, deep sea that is. They can ask you to help or you can offer but if you have an accident it’s on you.

OP, 99% of the time you will be able to stay in your cab during loading, exception to that are places like Tesco, CO-OP etc. 3 hour tip, get your head down.

Mostly depends on rules for the premises you are tipping/loading in.
As said, drivers have no interaction with what’s inside the box. Their duties involve container locks on trailers, and maybe the doors.

Where you sit depends on the site not company doing the loading / unloading. Theres plenty of talk about 6 hours sitting on the bed, but anytime I was at RDCs there were no exceptions to the leave cab rules even for containers.

A lot of containers now seem to be left and swapped with the yard shunter moving them onto bays. Saves paying the driver to wait or handball including Maritime at a site I regularly visit.

Do Doncaster run containers or curtainsiders? Seem to be a lot of the latter around now, maybe due to all the port delays and rates dropping.

Jimmy McNulty:
Mr Curryfart, the font of all knowledge, guessing wrong there. You aren’t insured to have anything to do with the load on containers, deep sea that is. They can ask you to help or you can offer but if you have an accident it’s on you.

OP, 99% of the time you will be able to stay in your cab during loading, exception to that are places like Tesco, CO-OP etc. 3 hour tip, get your head down.

I might just test that theory by phoning them myself for owner driver ‘opportunities’.Picture the call.First and foremost before going any further I’ve got it on good authority that there’s no load handling required of the driver in the job. :smiley:

As for deep sea there’s absolutely no domestic only rail freight going in containers at all and if any comes up just say no thanks. :smiling_imp:

robroy:
Whatever you do they’re gonna know about anyway…when they look at you from the in cab constant surveillance cameras. :bulb:
Why tf anybody would want to work for a firm like that? :open_mouth: …beats me.

Does that apply to owner drivers too. :confused:

I wouldn’t join maritime if they were the last firm on earth…
Do you like been watched by incab camera?
Do you like been talked down to by joey Essex lookalikes?
Do you like your driving been monitored and a d#ck head driver trainer telling you how to work the “maritime way” ■■
If you do they will quite happily clone you in to one of there staff.
Containers mate is a great job though you can stay in cab 99% of the time and the job is easy,I spend most of my time watching tv or surfing internet on my I pad.
But try a smaller operator with non of the corporate rubbish of maritime.
Are you from Doncaster??
T Riley transport has a yard down the side of the big morrisons I’d try them

yorkshire terrier:
Do you like your driving been monitored and a d#ck head driver trainer telling you how to work the “maritime way” ■■
Containers mate is a great job though you can stay in cab 99% of the time and the job is easy,I spend most of my time watching tv or surfing internet on my I pad.
Are you from Doncaster??

The dikchead driver trainer is at Walkers Transport in Morley now

Carryfast:

Jimmy McNulty:

I might just test that theory by phoning them myself for owner driver ‘opportunities’.Picture the call.First and foremost before going any further I’ve got it on good authority that there’s no load handling required of the driver in the job. :smiley:

As for deep sea there’s absolutely no domestic only rail freight going in containers at all and if any comes up just say no thanks. :smiling_imp:

That’s not just maritime, any of them that do containers - you open the back doors and that’s you.

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:
Are you from Doncaster??

Which one?? There were 2 or3 I think

yorkshire terrier:

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:
Are you from Doncaster??

Colin

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:
Are you from Doncaster??

Colin

He the one with the tash that walked round like he was ten men and owned the place ■■?

Yes, still the same

ArcticMonkey:
Walkers Transport in Morley

Another Leeds…

Two bob outfit to be avoided at all costs.

yourhavingalarf:

ArcticMonkey:

Another Leeds…

Much more “professional” nowadays since they got bought out by an investment company. Faceless corporate bs is the order of the day at Walkers. Hence me not working there anymore

ArcticMonkey:

yourhavingalarf:

ArcticMonkey:

Another Leeds…

Much more “professional” nowadays since they got bought out by an investment company. Faceless corporate bs is the order of the day at Walkers. Hence me not working there anymore

I loaded there once and had the misfortune of walking into the office, and straight back out. If anyone not in transport doesn’t understand the term pointy shoes then the office there is the absolute epitomy.

Also got more than one ■■■■ strutting about the yard thinking they own the place. ‘Make sure you put some straps on that drive’. ■■■■ off

yorkshire terrier:

If the pay, kit and conditions are good I don’t care. They’re paying the running costs of the truck so they get to choose how they want it driven.

Done that in the past, they all pay crap with crap work, work the crap out of you, don’t give a toss about health and safety and if you injure yourself they’ll drop you in an instant if you can’t work for an extended period - even my agency treated me better following my back surgery 3 months ago than a smaller operator would - and they treat maintenance as an optional extra unless its adding more bling to the bosses show truck.

So you would go to work to be treated like crap really■■?
Well my firm is a small operator treated very very well and pays more than the likes of maritime,