Maritime buy dhl containers

just found out we have brought dhl containers! taking over their yard and phasing out their trucks and replacing with maritime spec ones!! hope everyone at dhl keeps their jobs espically right before christmas!! maritime must be the biggest container haulier now? and now we have lifting facilites as well!!

Well I hope they treat the DHL drivers better than they treated me :angry:. During 2008/9 I applied for a job with maritime (Marchwood, Southampton), an appointment was made (after they received my CV). I arrived for the appointment only to be told the boss man had to go elsewhere and couldn’t keep the appointment. Ok, fair enough, another appointment was made. Same thing happened again… then again. It’s a 140 mile round trip to Marchwood multiplied by 3. Now I dont mind travelling a fair distance, in fact my previous job was 170 miles round trip. All I can say is, god help any poor sod from DHL that has to apply for a job :unamused: I suppose I had a lucky escape if thats the way they treat people :wink:

Tiger.

steve o:
just found out we have brought dhl containers! taking over their yard and phasing out their trucks and replacing with maritime spec ones!! hope everyone at dhl keeps their jobs espically right before christmas!! maritime must be the biggest container haulier now? and now we have lifting facilites as well!!

Steve what depot are you from?

stringy:

steve o:

Steve what depot are you from?

IIRC Felixstowe :wink:

Are dhl selling up stuff over here?.We started the aylesford newsprint contract three weeks ago.and again took over all there motors and trailers.all the drivers transfered over to our lot.Or do they know something we don’t?. :wink:

daftvader:
Are dhl selling up stuff over here?.We started the aylesford newsprint contract three weeks ago.and again took over all there motors and trailers.all the drivers transfered over to our lot.Or do they know something we don’t?. :wink:

I certainly hope so DHeLL are ■■■■ to work for they put me off driving class one lets hope they pack up and ■■■■ off.

jammymutt:

daftvader:

I certainly hope so DHeLL are [zb] to work for they put me off driving class one lets hope they pack up and [zb] off.

Depends on the contract / management, the one im on is ■■■■■■■ brilliant, top kit, great work, nice people, but you wouldnt think so listening to their drivers :blush: [and top dosh too]

DHL wanted rid of the containers ages ago, they will continue to take whats available work wise in other sectors though :open_mouth:

I get the impression containers is an extremly competitive sector with slim profit margins, DHL probably just thought they couldn’t be arsed with it. Still think Wincanton were mad to buy the couple of container hauliers they did right before the fall, should of bought Eddie instead just before they went public.

I dont think it is a fact they can’t be arsed, it’s simply the fact they are making significant losses in the container division.

Maybe the DHL drivers will start getting a living wage now as the money they get I’m told is awful :unamused:

Expect Roadways (RCL) to be taken over soon as well :wink:

full story here roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … sense.html

i’d heard the rumour a couple of months back about them being bought by Maritime for £1…but that usually means that the buying company takes on the debt and loads of figures were banded around as to how much debt DHL container logistics were in…i think it settled on about £14 million…but no-one could see a shrewd intelligent man like John Williams taking on a company with a massive debt!!!..but i see it was done on a “cash free,debt free basis” which is obviously a result with the container storage yards in Felixstowe and Manchester with all the lifters,repair workshops and a few hundred trucks :wink:
the only task now is to get DHL employees working the “Maritime” way which is gonna ruffle some feathers and inevitably lead to sackings for minor offences with the aim of getting rid of the “dead wood” :neutral_face:

Too Fat To Fly:
I dont think it is a fact they can’t be arsed, it’s simply the fact they are making significant losses in the container division.

I beg to differ, Deutsche Post never wanted Containers but it came as a package with Express & Logistics (supply chain) and in the same way as Maersk treated Roadways after they bought Nedlloyd they never invested in Containers, it was restructured and cut to the bone and made a separate entity with the sole purpose of disposal.
Personally I see Maritime taking us on as a chance for opportunity, if given that chance of course!

bikemonkey:

i’d heard the rumour a couple of months back about them being bought by Maritime for £1…but that usually means that the buying company takes on the debt and loads of figures were banded around as to how much debt DHL container logistics were in…i think it settled on about £14 million…but no-one could see a shrewd intelligent man like John Williams taking on a company with a massive debt!!!..but i see it was done on a “cash free,debt free basis” which is obviously a result with the container storage yards in Felixstowe and Manchester with all the lifters,repair workshops and a few hundred trucks :wink:
the only task now is to get DHL employees working the “Maritime” way which is gonna ruffle some feathers and inevitably lead to sackings for minor offences with the aim of getting rid of the “dead wood” :neutral_face:

Surely, Maritime would be better off getting rid of their own “dead wood” first :unamused:

shuttlespanker:

bikemonkey:

Surely, Maritime would be better off getting rid of their own “dead wood” first :unamused:

I thought they did do, they all seem to work in our place. JMD, Just Maritime Drivers some of us call it !!! :smiley:
Maritime, you either love it or hate it :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

bikemonkey:

They had a mass cull at the beginning of this year when things were really quiet so that it looked better than making people redundant :wink: you only had to look at em a bit funny or wear the wrong type of socks to work or get a bit of lipstick on the side of your motor and you were “down the road” …there are still a few though tossing the job off unfortunately which spoils it for the ones who wanna work!!!..they’ve sacked 11 in the last couple of weeks in Southampton so i’ve heard…a lot of the sacked ones from last year work for DHL now though,so i dunno how that’s gonna work :confused: :wink: …and also Maritime have got no Poles working for them so i’ve heard and DHL apparently have!!!

(notice how i playfully use the words “apparently” and “so i’ve heard”) :wink: :laughing:

worked for this outfit for couple of years.One thing i can say is the main man(john williams)is a top dude,shared an adjacent urinal with him at clacket lane once.He’sobviously insulated by his wealth but if you get chance to speak to him man to man,he’s very much the pro-driver type it’s just the ambitious corporate time servers at Southampton depot who are the problem.Is it me or does Southampton have the monopoly in producing charismaless corporate slime balls in office jobs?..

They are up to something!

demonbiker:
They are up to something!

http://www.dhl.co.uk/publish/gb/en/press/release/2009/050110.high.html

we know! all HDNL staff are asking questions from the managers and we’re not being told anything except

As yet we don’t know the full extent of the deal, only in that the certain managers were briefed today in respect of the above news report. It is reported that it will mean 71 DHL sites with around 5000 employees with a parcel volume of 180m coming under the HDNL banner. As and when we get more details we will let you know.

I found the Hams Hall lads ok when I subbed for them recently. Local work was crap, in to scrap yards for £100, the distance work wasn’t too bad though.

The sale of the container business and the domestic parcel operation are slightly separate if you ask me. DHL has been wanting rid of containers for ages (look at the losses it’s racked up year after year) and has finally found a buyer. Presumably now that’s off the market Maersk may well come back looking for offers for Pentalver (Cannock).
The parcel stuff is more interesting - it follows the same move in France by DHL and it’s clearly about getting rid of loss-making bits of the business that it bought into (in this case Securicor) and has never made a go of. Where this leaves it is anyone’s guess although most people I’ve spoken to don’t think i adds to the company and just makes it easier for FedEx/UPS to muscle in on Europe.
Also there’s a fairly strong rumour floating around that HDNL was paid a not inconsiderable sum to take the business off DHL’s hands…

Dom Perry

Fastrantiger:
Well I hope they treat the DHL drivers better than they treated me :angry:. During 2008/9 I applied for a job with maritime (Marchwood, Southampton), an appointment was made (after they received my CV). I arrived for the appointment only to be told the boss man had to go elsewhere and couldn’t keep the appointment. Ok, fair enough, another appointment was made. Same thing happened again… then again. It’s a 140 mile round trip to Marchwood multiplied by 3. Now I dont mind travelling a fair distance, in fact my previous job was 170 miles round trip. All I can say is, god help any poor sod from DHL that has to apply for a job :unamused: I suppose I had a lucky escape if thats the way they treat people :wink:

Tiger.

you did have a lucky escape mate,i thought working for dhl was a nightmare.But since weve been taken over by marytimes its just gotten worse.i like to pride myself on being on time for the delivery times on my job.with dhl was no problem.since working for these maritime ■■■■■■■■■ ive never achieved anywhere close,they are your worst nightmare…DONT EVER work for this bloke you WILL regret it,unless your a dedicated truckee…meaning you love trucks and your willing to SERIOUSLY KISS ARSE.JW IS JUST ANOTHER eddie stobart killing off anyone that stands in his way…so all you people that think this firm is your goal in life, go ahead and join the gold rush,but in ten fifteen yrs time you will think different…dont bother replying to my comments,cause i am out…thank ■■■■.so all you spotlight and shiny wheel merchants, carry on.Since working for maritme we (ex dhl drivers)have been given all the crap that the blue eyed arse lickers of maritime dont want.and the last resort of my gripe,IS JOHN WILLIAMS CAN KISS MY ■■■■■■ ARSE,AND ALL HIS BUM CHUMS