Mar Dixon's Curtains

I watched the dreaded E.S. program last night, I do sometimes, note how I used the initials of the company as I don’t want to be accused of “St----t bashing”. Now, coming from the era when “cabbing it” involved a board between the seats and an old overcoat to keep the chill out, I couldn’t help thinking when looking at Mr Dixon’s curtain halfway across his side window, no wonder cars get sideswiped on the motorway. How can you be aware of traffic around you when you can’t see out of the window?
Is it just me being a miserable old ■■■■?
Bernard

maybe he looks in his mirrors

Its not just him… I saw loads of drivers with their peek a boo curtains half way across the windows, pathetic.

albion1938:
Bernard

Yes.

Hope this helps :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Denis F:

albion1938:
Bernard

Yes.

Hope this helps :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yes, I thought so! :wink:
Bernard

trubster:
Its not just him… I saw loads of drivers with their peek a boo curtains half way across the windows, pathetic.

but they can still see thier mirrors

Hides the fact they be on the phone,

Its a pull factor in my book Windows /glass is for looking through whilst the vehicle is on the move curtains are for parking up and not wanting anyone to see ur giving the stuffed toy in the pass door handle a re-stuffing . :unamused:

Each to their own I suppose. I’m not going to lose any sleep over half pulled curtains but on the odd occasion I’ve not fastened the nearside curtain back properly and it’s come forward, even if it’s not covering the mirror it makes me feel uncomfortable, a bit like a horse with blinkers on must feel i imagine.

He trying to be Irish :laughing:

I was going to say “St----t bashing”, but you only used initials…■■■■!

Considering VOSA are reckoned to be tough on anything that obscures your windscreen,I would have thought that lack of side vision was just as important.
I can’t think of how many times I’ve passed mainly Skoda’s,but some other marks are taking up the idea,and as you get level with them,you can’t see the driver,by the same token he can’t see you.
Can’t be good for road safety.

I heard it was to block the reflection of the camera lights while filming.

That was Dixons excuse for having them halfway over the window funny how the rest of them manage fine with them out of the way where they should be. I would hope the police camera trucks would clamp down on it as hell knows how some of these so called drivers negotiate busy junctions with restricted side vision. Eddie.

Mirrors or not you cannot see out your window at a 90-120 degree angle which is what i found while approaching a lorry driver with his puffy curtains at a factory a couple of weeks ago as he pulled out his bay :unamused:

toby1234abc:

Nope, I’ve seen Dixon a few times and they’ve been drawn like that each time…

nick2008:
Hides the fact they be on the phone,

Its a pull factor in my book Windows /glass is for looking through whilst the vehicle is on the move curtains are for parking up and not wanting anyone to see ur giving the stuffed toy in the pass door handle a re-stuffing . :unamused:

is that what happens when you run out of bacon? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:

toby1234abc:

Nope, I’ve seen Dixon a few times and they’ve been drawn like that each time…

if you was a famous lorry driver you’d draw your curtains like that too
some lorry drivers get all excited when they see him
at RDC’S they pretend the autographs are for neices etc
and some try to kiss him
poor old dicko just gets on with his job

I have my curtains similar , i can see everything I need to on the road. Windscreen for forwards, mirrors for backwards and down side of vehicle and if I really need to, I’ll lean forward To look out side window.

Each to their own etc. enjoy your life and job and don’t worry what anyone else is doing or has . Life’s too short.

As for VOSA , I been stopped a few times, never said a word about them. He actually asked my to move them before he jumped in so he didn’t mucky them.

PremiumTrucker:
I have my curtains similar…

May I ask why?

PremiumTrucker:
I have my curtains similar , i can see everything I need to on the road. Windscreen for forwards, mirrors for backwards and down side of vehicle and if I really need to, I’ll lean forward To look out side window.

Each to their own etc. enjoy your life and job and don’t worry what anyone else is doing or has . Life’s too short.

As for VOSA , I been stopped a few times, never said a word about them. He actually asked my to move them before he jumped in so he didn’t mucky them.

+1