Mar Dixon's Curtains

Retro rob:
+1

May I ask why?

DAF95XF:

toby1234abc:
I heard it was to block the reflection of the camera lights while filming.

Nope, I’ve seen Dixon a few times and they’ve been drawn like that each time…

Didnt they go ■■■■ up with Comet :question:
Who is this “Mar Dixon” you speak off.
Boney M chart topper . . .

Suedehead:

DAF95XF:

toby1234abc:
I heard it was to block the reflection of the camera lights while filming.

Nope, I’ve seen Dixon a few times and they’ve been drawn like that each time…

Didnt they go ■■■■ up with Comet :question:
Who is this “Mar Dixon” you speak off.
Boney M chart topper . . .

Mar Dixon ---- AKA Mark Dixon. He’s under cover, that’s why he keeps his curtains closed. :wink:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:
I have my curtains similar…

May I ask why?

I just do.

Same as people have teddies , flags , spears etc

Just worry about things worth worrying over … Not how other drivers have there cabs :unamused:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

Just worry about things worth worrying over … Not how other drivers have there cabs :unamused:

Cos it’s my home Monday to Friday, I spend more hours in my truck than I do my flat, therefore I want it homely and comfortable! I have leather floor mats and my workbooks live on the top step and I drive in slip on trainers that have never been worn outside!
None of my “frilly curtains” obstruct any of my mirrors or obscure my view from the side windows!

I have never had an accident due to my curtains being where they are!

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

Cos it’s my home Monday to Friday, I spend more hours in my truck than I do my flat, therefore I want it homely and comfortable! I have leather floor mats and my workbooks live on the top step and I drive in slip on trainers that have never been worn outside!
None of my “frilly curtains” obstruct any of my mirrors or obscure my view from the side windows!

Do you have frilly curtains with tassles on in your house front window then as well? Are you confused about your ■■■■■■■■■?

:slight_smile:

Legend_Scania:
He trying to be Northern Irish :laughing:

Tang curtains FTW!

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

Do you have frilly curtains with tassles on in your house front window then as well? Are you confused about your ■■■■■■■■■?

Sorry Rob but do I criticise you and your home? Whatever happened to each to their own? Why get personal about someone who actually cares about what they do? Trucking to me isn’t JUST a job, its a way of life, I enjoy what I do, and enjoy my truck looking smart, is that so wrong?

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

YES. My house windows are fitted with CDC frilly curtains, i have Daf n Mercedes upstairs and Scania n Volvo down stairs, flashing lights everyware and crome window and door handles, the door mats are leather and the furry dice hangs off the dog :smiley:

Retro rob:

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

Sorry Rob but do I criticise you and your home? Whatever happened to each to their own? Why get personal about someone who actually cares about what they do? Trucking to me isn’t JUST a job, its a way of life, I enjoy what I do, and enjoy my truck looking smart, is that so wrong?

See? If there were no frillly curtains, grown men wouldn’t be able to twitch them, peep from behind them and over time develop the ability to make that cat’s-arse mouth that old ladies do when they lose at bingo.

Tassles, who dear, me dear, no dear… How very dare you.

Retro rob:
I enjoy what I do, and enjoy my truck looking smart, is that so wrong?

Do you not think it would look a lot smarter without the cheap brothel/Indian restaurant curtains? :smiley:

Retro rob:

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

You haven’t answered my questions.

Rob K:

Retro rob:

Rob K:

Retro rob:

PremiumTrucker:

Contraflow:

PremiumTrucker:

May I ask why?

I just do.

You haven’t answered my questions.

No I have Venetian blinds, and no I’m not!

If I had venetian blinds I’d keep a toy gun by the window and do my Malcolm X impression every time I looked outside.

I have nine Spanish matador spears in my windscreen and two four feet tall Meerkats blocking the view in the passenger window.

I had to suffer a steering wheel tarted up by fake leather cover and steering wheel knob last week. The cover ended up on the bunk and I was tempted to take off the scrap metal bolted to the wheel.

PremiumTrucker:
I have my curtains similar , i can see everything I need to on the road. Windscreen for forwards, mirrors for backwards and down side of vehicle and if I really need to, I’ll lean forward To look out side window.

Each to their own etc. enjoy your life and job and don’t worry what anyone else is doing or has . Life’s too short.

As for VOSA , I been stopped a few times, never said a word about them. He actually asked my to move them before he jumped in so he didn’t mucky them.

As part of the eyesight test ,that we all have to do,part of the test is to check your peripheral view.
There is no way that a driver has maximum peripheral vision with such drapes!

bestbooties:

PremiumTrucker:
I have my curtains similar , i can see everything I need to on the road. Windscreen for forwards, mirrors for backwards and down side of vehicle and if I really need to, I’ll lean forward To look out side window.

Each to their own etc. enjoy your life and job and don’t worry what anyone else is doing or has . Life’s too short.

As for VOSA , I been stopped a few times, never said a word about them. He actually asked my to move them before he jumped in so he didn’t mucky them.

As part of the eyesight test ,that we all have to do,part of the test is to check your peripheral view.
There is no way that a driver has maximum peripheral vision with such drapes!

Plus, wouldn’t it be really annoying having tassles flapping around and not being able to see?