Mandatory masks no more, but still 'required'?

Apparently my company has decided to continue to enforce mask wearing indoors even though the gov’t itself cba with them anymore. I’m not wearing one and I’ll stand my ground this time, I’ll most likely refuse to enter the building and request that my paper work be left in my truck at the start of my shift if they insist on a mask

My arguments are it’s not part of the PPE, nor is there an infectionist or epidemiologist at the company who’s competent on public health issues. If the gov’t and it’s scientists/doctors/consultants have decided masks can go, then some TM or HRM can’t enforce them on employees. At the door leading in there’s a sign with the PPE required - hi viz and steel toe shoes, nothing about masks.

A £3 “I am exempt from wearing a face mask” lanyard off of ebay is your friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
A £3 “I am exempt from wearing a face mask” lanyard off of ebay is your friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why should we have to wear a bell round our neck? Or a gold star?
They’re not required either.
If you’re in secure employment ETS that sounds like a perfectly reasonable response so long as you don’t need any facilities inside?

The simple way around it is when challanged as to why you are not wearing a mask, you declare that you are medically exempt. They are not allowed to query your medical issue. And you do not need a lepers bell around your neck.
I played this card at a British Sugar site in the first lockdown. The lad ran off to squeel to his manager and he came back later with tail between legs mumbling that all was fine and he was not allowed to ask what was wrong with me! It all seemed a bit daft at the time as we were working outdoors within our small team of installers and were segregated from any British Sugar worker.

Ffs how hard is it to put a mask on , I bet you make a song & dance about having a shave & dressing in the morning , pathetic

msgyorkie:
The simple way around it is when challanged as to why you are not wearing a mask, you declare that you are medically exempt. They are not allowed to query your medical issue. And you do not need a lepers bell around your neck.
I played this card at a British Sugar site in the first lockdown. The lad ran off to squeel to his manager and he came back later with tail between legs mumbling that all was fine and he was not allowed to ask what was wrong with me! It all seemed a bit daft at the time as we were working outdoors within our small team of installers and were segregated from any British Sugar worker.

I bet they all clapped for you when you swaggerd in with your nuts that are so large you need a wheel barrow once you waddle out the cab.

The sas missed a trick by not getting a hard man like you to join

Nearly there again:

msgyorkie:

I bet they all clapped for you when you swaggerd in with your nuts that are so large you need a wheel barrow once you waddle out the cab.

westons cider by any chance

if you cut across the front of the mask with a craft knife youll never notice youve got it on.

ETS:
Apparently my company has decided to continue to enforce mask wearing indoors even though the gov’t itself cba with them anymore. I’m not wearing one and I’ll stand my ground this time, I’ll most likely refuse to enter the building and request that my paper work be left in my truck at the start of my shift if they insist on a mask

My arguments are it’s not part of the PPE, nor is there an infectionist or epidemiologist at the company who’s competent on public health issues. If the gov’t and it’s scientists/doctors/consultants have decided masks can go, then some TM or HRM can’t enforce them on employees. At the door leading in there’s a sign with the PPE required - hi viz and steel toe shoes, nothing about masks.

I’m sure I read somewhere that masks indoors were recommended?
If your employer still enforce the wearing of masks indoors then you should wear one.

ETS:

so Boz and his very merry band of brothers ,get together and tell us that the law is that from today no Facemasks no restrictions, etcetera etcetera in Engand.in the kingdom of Londonium Mr khan says facemasks in my domain on all Underground Transport… the poison dwarf up north says the exact opposite to whatever Boz say’s whilst that guy from the land of Taffs is still that confused he doesnt realise that the Sunday closing act 18181 has now ceased…just do whatever suits you no one cares anymore

sweepster:

ETS:

If your employer still enforce the wearing of masks indoors then you should wear one.

No they’re not and No you shouldn’t

stu675:

sweepster:

ETS:

No they’re not and No you shouldn’t

Face masks are recommended in enclosed spaces, is that not indoors?

the law passed today by Boz is that all restrictions in England are lifted… whatever bylaws are implemented Are open to we give you one thousand pounds dot com. for spots around your nose due to wearing a facemask.

sweepster:
Face masks are recommended in enclosed spaces, is that not indoors?

No they’re not. There’s no legal requirement for them anymore in England as of 00:00hrs Thursday.

keepthefaith:

Nearly there again:

msgyorkie:

westons cider by any chance

Nah more like special brew, the bloke is obviously an keyboard tramp!

Will it now come under a ‘site rules’ type thing? Like having your hi-viz tabard done up at all times etc

My lot still say wear them/haven’t taken the signs down yet so that’s what I do. It’s their trains set and I’m only in an area where they say it must be worn for five mkns at the start of a shift and five mins at the end so no biggie.

Dhl say it’s ‘their policy’ to keep on wearing them indoors,so that is what we have to do.it’s just a few minutes a day for us,but the office and warehouse bod’s have to wear the sodding things all day.
Wightlink are not carrying on with the mask nonsense…but quite a few ‘customers’ were wearing them yesterday :unamused:

toonsy:
Will it now come under a ‘site rules’ type thing? Like having your hi-viz tabard done up at all times etc

My lot still say wear them/haven’t taken the signs down yet so that’s what I do. It’s their trains set and I’m only in an area where they say it must be worn for five mkns at the start of a shift and five mins at the end so no biggie.

Yeah but…they can’t pick and chose what covid crap they want to keep. If they want to keep masks, then why not keep furlough and self isolation full pay as it was during lockdown 1? We’re either in the midst of a deadly pandemic or we’re not :grimacing: My employer requiring me to wear a face covering is to me no different than if they were to ask me to wear a purple skirt on top of my work pants. Arbitrary and unlawful. Unless mandated by the HSE like hi viz and safety shoes are then I’ll ignore it as in my understanding there’s no legal basis for them to require it even if it’s their site/building.

And yes I’m sick of looking like a red faced alcoholic due to the spots on both sides of my nose. It’s bad enough I have dark eye circles due to working nights for the last 3 years

bitchute.com/video/OYbao61BQPTb/

Could not careless about rules being scrapped, if I want to be the only one wearing a mask that`s by choice. The soap box critics can mock as much as they like I will do what suits me and my Family,after all how difficult is it to put a mask on when you enter a premises. It was the same with lateral flow testing,for the short time it took to do some thought it a chore that took up a lot of time.
DO WHAT YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH .