Manager CPC exams 7/3/2014

Has anyone sat todays exam(s)?

Just wondering how it went?

They’ve added an extra 15 mins. onto the time allowance for the Case Study exam - does this help?

Good luck to all that have attempted these difficult exams!!!

Cpc exam
I took and passed mine in December last year. Multi choice with 45 mins to spare. Case study, ran out of time. I am sure the extra 15 mins will make a difference to it. Good luck to all who took it.

Hi Guys

I sat the exams on the 7th March this year - multi choice I felt went ok, whizzed thru with plenty of time to spare.

Not so happy with Case study, realised when I was checking thru half hour before end of session that I had mis read 1 of the questions so had to go back and add some more, ( I know RTFQ then ATFQ)

Felt happier talking to the others and realised no one else was overly confident - surely we couldn’t all have failed !!!

Prepared to sit again in june should need arise - only person who can make me fail or pass is myself, so onwards and upwards !

Was originally going to do it exam only, distance learning, glad I didn’t, there is lots to take in !

Keep you posted when results are in !

decca591:
Was originally going to do it exam only, distance learning, glad I didn’t, there is lots to take in !

Keep you posted when results are in !

Hi Decca591,

From my experience of teaching operator CPC (some years ago,) I’d say you increased your chances of passing when you changed your mind and went off the idea of distance learning.

Statistically, you’ve a much better chance of passing when you have chance to interact with a ‘live’ tutor and the other classmates.

Good luck!! :smiley:

Yep. I took mine on the 7 @ Peterborough.

The multiply choice was OKish.

But the R2 was difficult because time was a major issue. Another 30 mins and I’d have been more happy. I completed the paper but if time allowed I’d have added/changed some things (retrospect thinking!)

Not sure if I’ve clawed enough marks to pass that - we’ll see.

Good luck whoever sat it. Wasn’t easy.

Hi,

I sat mine on 7th March, thought R1 was straight forward, made a few mistakes due to RTFQ and plain stupidness on my behalf but feel have reached at least 80%. Time wise had finished after 45mins so run through again to check which took another 20mins.

As for R2 I think I have passed it looking at worst cause scenario should have hit 60-65%, sat I few mock exams using previous papers in class and felt the proper paper was one of the more difficult ones.

Good luck all and roll on results to clear up any uncertainties
:unamused:

Devon73:
… but if time allowed I’d have added/changed some things …

Hi Devon73,

Another thing that I’ve noticed when people take exams is that they get finished within the time allowed, then go back and start changing correct answers for wrong ones.

That’s what happens when folk have too much time on their hands.

Of course, changing some answers once you’ve realised that RTFQ applies is a good thing. :smiley:

It’s all in the lap of the gods now though, because the die has been cast. Que sera sera.

Good luck to all who took their exams!! :smiley:

Hi new to trucknet, took my CPC on the 7th at Aspray Willenhall even after 20yrs as a driver still felt like a kid back at school, quietly ■■■■ myself all the way thru tbh, tho thankful for that extra 15mins cos I had time to rectify a humdinger of a cockup!!
Good luck guys n gals who took it… :question: :question:

Devon73:

But the R2 was difficult because time was a major issue. Another 30 mins and I’d have been more happy. I completed the paper but if time allowed I’d have added/changed some things (retrospect thinking!)

I did it in December and I think for most people time is a major issue on the second paper, so don’t worry to much about that.

Good exam technique helps a lot, we were advised to read through first then answer the questions you’re best at first to bag as many marks as possible. then work through the others.

For me it meant doing the route planning and costings first as they were the bits I was best at in the mock exams.

We were also advised not to get to hung up with all the details at the first read through, but to go back to scenario and pick out the important bits for the questions we were answering.

muckles:

Devon73:

I did it in December and I think for most people time is a major issue on the second paper, so don’t worry to much about that.

Good exam technique helps a lot, we were advised to read through first then answer the questions you’re best at first to bag as many marks as possible. then work through the others.

For me it meant doing the route planning and costings first as they were the bits I was best at in the mock exams.

We were also advised not to get to hung up with all the details at the first read through, but to go back to scenario and pick out the important bits for the questions we were answering.

Hi Muckles,

How long did it take for your results to come through, taking you have them if you sat exam in December.

Chris

lymer2k:
Hi Muckles,

How long did it take for your results to come through, taking you have them if you sat exam in December.

Chris

Did the exam December 6th and got the results for the multi choice mid January and the case study end of January. But I think there’s a bit of a delay because of Christmas and New Year. So hopefully you won’t be waiting as long, but it does feel like forever. :smiley:

Cheers Muckles, so we are basically into 6-8 weeks from date of exam so hopefully by end April should be seeing results.

Chris

I did the exam on 7th March this year in Cleckheaton. I know I’ve passed R1. R2 was a bit more difficult, but I reckon I’ve passed it as well.

The scheduling question in the R2 said state the timings in LOCAL time. It involved drawing up a schedule from UK to Germany via Holland. That one might have caught a few people out I reckon.

Received e-mail this afternoon to say I have passed R1 and will be inform about R2 results in next 3 weeks

Congrats!

I got email today too - passed. :smiley:

3 weeks wait for next results.

Congrats guys. Also received the email and have passed R1. Fingers crossed for R2 now.

Talking to people I don’t think its too much R1 people are bothered about but R2 as according to record this is where most people slip up…anyway 3 weeks and counting for results :unamused:

Already posted elsewhere but just wanted to share :slight_smile:

I too passed R1, fingers crossed for R2, prepared to sit again if required as, along with everyone else on the day and leading up to it - A great deal of effort went into it !!

Had a few comments along the lines of “did mine, piece of ■■■■”, pretty sure when I have got over this second hurdle that I’ll say the same, but we all know don’t we :sunglasses:

Good luck to all fellow drivers waiting for that second e-mail.

Decca.

Did both on the 7th.
Passed part 1.
I did home study (previously had CPC by Engineering qualifications but missed the automatic granting period!). Also never thought I would ever need a CPC Qual. again! Head in a folder every time I pulled up!
Found the P2 “testing”. I was advised to do the calculation part FIRST! Why? “Get it out of the way because if you are rushed for time it is too easy to make calculation mistakes and lose points”. Makes sense really, get a number wrong at the top and the numbers at the bottom will be wrong.
The other stuff will just mean a lost point here or there.
I sit and wait with fingers crossed!
It took me 35 mins for part 1…A Uni. Grad of 23 (lovely girl) beat me by 1 min! But it did take me 2h15 for part 2.

gazzer:
Did both on the 7th.
Passed part 1.
I did home study (previously had CPC by Engineering qualifications but missed the automatic granting period!). Also never thought I would ever need a CPC Qual. again! Head in a folder every time I pulled up!
Found the P2 “testing”. I was advised to do the calculation part FIRST! Why? “Get it out of the way because if you are rushed for time it is too easy to make calculation mistakes and lose points”. Makes sense really, get a number wrong at the top and the numbers at the bottom will be wrong.
The other stuff will just mean a lost point here or there.
I sit and wait with fingers crossed!
It took me 35 mins for part 1…A Uni. Grad of 23 (lovely girl) beat me by 1 min! But it did take me 2h15 for part 2.

Thanks gazzer for the heads up on timings…that seems to be the norm. although your multi-choice was super-quick!!! 60 questions in 35 mins. - wow!! I take it there were some ‘familiar’ questions in the morning exam that you may have seen in your notes/during your studies■■?
Interesting you used the full 2 hrs 15 mins. allowed for the P2 exam, which suggests some (slower) delegates may still struggle to finish the exam within the allotted time!!! Time will tell.
P.S. Good luck with P2 results - hope it’s a clean sweep!!