Manager CPC exams 7/3/2014

Daz1970: Over 40 years in the industry, some things tend to rub off on you!

As a guide…When I had finished my Pt1, I totalled all the questions I didn’t have to think about, 44 I think, then totalled the ones that I had to think about, 8, and the rest I educationally guessed.
I rekoned on a pass rate of 80%+. My pre exam testing had given me 83% consistently so I wasn’t too worried about it.

Pt2 really gets the brain box working. I know a lot of it but a “special” word here and there can gain you extra marks. E.G. ADR training is worth 1 point but if you say ADR VOCATIONAL training you can get 2 points! makes all the difference. This is where a course would help as opposed to self education. Buzz words! Load of bolony really. ADR training is still training peculiar to this industry so why do I need to put in VOCATIONAL into the text?

20+ years of working abroad (70/80/90’s) makes you aware of where borders are and who’s in and who’s out of the EU (EEC!) and all the currency exchanges that you needed to know in your head, not just €’s!

I’m not confident in Pt2, it’s just fingers crossed! I don’t want to have to sit it again!

Daz1970:
Has anyone sat todays exam(s)?

Just wondering how it went?

They’ve added an extra 15 mins. onto the time allowance for the Case Study exam - does this help?

Good luck to all that have attempted these difficult exams!!!

Passed mine March 2013. had over an hour left after the multi-choice, only just managed to finish the case study but phew that was one brain warming exam!! I’m sure the extra 15 mins will come in very handy but my tutor advised me after reading the case study to then read the questions and start with the most easiest instead of doing them in order. That helped me a lot.

level 3 exams■■? My arse :wink: :open_mouth:

Sat the R2 on 7/3/2014.

Got a phone call to say that i had passed on Thursday.

Anyone else had results?

Did mine in March and got e-mail on Wed 26th March to say passed R1 and another on Wed 16th April to say passed R2. I too finished R1 within no time (about 30-40mins) but R2 took longer (15 mins at end to spare to check through)

lymer2k:
Did mine in March and got e-mail on Wed 26th March to say passed R1 and another on Wed 16th April to say passed R2. I too finished R1 within no time (about 30-40mins) but R2 took longer (15 mins at end to spare to check through)

Congratulations on the pass.

gazzer:
Daz1970: Over 40 years in the industry, some things tend to rub off on you!

As a guide…When I had finished my Pt1, I totalled all the questions I didn’t have to think about, 44 I think, then totalled the ones that I had to think about, 8, and the rest I educationally guessed.
I rekoned on a pass rate of 80%+. My pre exam testing had given me 83% consistently so I wasn’t too worried about it.

Pt2 really gets the brain box working. I know a lot of it but a “special” word here and there can gain you extra marks. E.G. ADR training is worth 1 point but if you say ADR VOCATIONAL training you can get 2 points! makes all the difference. This is where a course would help as opposed to self education. Buzz words! Load of bolony really. ADR training is still training peculiar to this industry so why do I need to put in VOCATIONAL into the text?

20+ years of working abroad (70/80/90’s) makes you aware of where borders are and who’s in and who’s out of the EU (EEC!) and all the currency exchanges that you needed to know in your head, not just €’s!

I’m not confident in Pt2, it’s just fingers crossed! I don’t want to have to sit it again!

Well gazzer…Any news on the Case Study exam - how did you get on■■?

Daz…I think I passed!!!

Im not in the UK at the moment and my fathers says a certificate and two copies have come in the post, Level 3 TM CPC cert. or something like that. Didn’t get anything actually saying I had passed part 2!

I would assume the issue of a cert. is the real deal, at least I haven’t had a failure notice!

I will find out in a couple of weeks! Fingers still crossed!

gazzer:
Daz…I think I passed!!!

Im not in the UK at the moment and my fathers says a certificate and two copies have come in the post, Level 3 TM CPC cert. or something like that. Didn’t get anything actually saying I had passed part 2!

I would assume the issue of a cert. is the real deal, at least I haven’t had a failure notice!

I will find out in a couple of weeks! Fingers still crossed!

Hi Gazzer,

I passed mine and got certs through post, one is your copy to keep safe and there are 2 official copies in with it.

Chris

Hi Guys

Have you started to receive your certificates ■■

Did mine on 7th March - had the emails to say I passed both parts, just waiting for the papers to confirm so that I can start breathing again :slight_smile:

I got my e-mails same time as others were getting theirs, so I assume that if you have got your certificates then I should also have mine - is it time to start chasing them :unamused: ■■

Decca

Well done gazzer & decca… The Certificate’s I think have changed since the Qualification went to International status in 2012. You used to get 1 x certificate per module passed (i.e. one for each exam) and an actual Certificate of Professional Competence if you passed all units (was three, it’s now two). I believe the actual CPC cert. is now brownish in colour plus you get one per exam pass. There may also be another CPC cert. that is normal in colour.

In any case - I had to call into training provider to pick my Cert’s up in person…they didn’t post them out. They did post out results slips though.

Hi Daz

E-mailed Transed, they are chasing up the Certificates as they have said they would have expected to have had them by now, I did get a pass slip for the multi choice but have not had one for the case study, just a congratulatory e-mail saying that I had passed !

They have said they will send me the pass slip for the case study as well - don’t know why you need to ask really, I just want the peace of mind of knowing that I have definitely passed - don’t mind waiting for the certificates - just want final confirmation that I passed - especially as re-sit time is looming, not being pessimistic, just practical :wink:

Thanks for all the replies on this thread, hope it helps and encourages anyone else who has been thinking about going for it !

Decca.

Just a quickie

Received my confirmation of a pass for the case study exam - can now relax and just wait for the stiffercate to drop through the door !

Decca

Good luck to all those sitting today’s TM CPC exams…post your thoughts on difficulty level, content, time allowed etc. when you’ve de-stressed!!!

My last post on this particular topic, for now - my stiffercates arrived yesterday !!

Good luck to all who are now waiting on results for the latest round - how did you find it guys / Gals ?

keep us posted on progress, did you find it hard or straightforward ?

interested to hear from you all !

Decca.

Yes, good luck to anybody who took today’s exam!

Perhaps we should start a new thread for each quarter’s course and exam?

^^^ That could be useful for people taking re-sits or thinking of taking the plunge & attempting the Manager CPC??
There is very little feedback available from the awarding body, so candidates’ thoughts might come in useful and encourage advice and guidance from others.

Finally got my hands on my Multiple Choice pass ticket, a certificate of pass for Multiple Choice and one for the Case Study, plus, TM Level 3 certificate.

Phew! At least I haven’t got to carry those bloody folders around with me any more!