malcolm group

anybody know whats its like to work for malcolm group(nights) pay,hours,work,ect

I enquired for a job at the castleford yard and I’m sure you were paid£95 per shift…I didn’t bother due to staying put in my job

yorkshire terrier:
I enquired for a job at the castleford yard and I’m sure you were paid£95 per shift…I didn’t bother due to staying put in my job

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If that’s correct there are some very silly HGV drivers about… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Truckulent:

yorkshire terrier:

If that’s correct there are some very silly HGV drivers about… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

not too bad if that’s take home and based on a 48 hour week

I used to work for Malcolms at Crick on nights through the Agency and I was on £11.50 per hour, I do not know what their own drivers were on.

Sapper

scanny77:

Truckulent:

yorkshire terrier:

It won’t be though. It will be 95 quid per shift cos you’re doing max hours most of the time…companies pay shift rate to save money on the equivalent hourly…

If you like the sound of the job… Apply. If the money is ■■■■■ don’t take it.
Situation sorted.

£95/15hrs a day=£6.33/hr…

From what i been told from WHM lads at Gatenby is the night men are on 10 hours max so anything over that is not payed ,so it will be in a case of get stuck in whatever they have to do and finish ,they seem to do a lot to scotch from there tho, Also i they ve said that diffrent depots around the country get diff rates of pay most of info is from geniune lads that av no need to fairy tales ,they do something dodgy with the Bank holidays as weel at xmas they pay the jocks for the extra day at new year but not the southern lads ■■?

BIG AW:
they pay the jocks for the extra day at new year but not the southern lads ■■?

That’s because there’s a Bank holiday in Scotland at New Year?

Truckulent:

scanny77:

Truckulent:

yorkshire terrier:

It won’t be though. It will be 95 quid per shift cos you’re doing max hours most of the time…companies pay shift rate to save money on the equivalent hourly…

i would assume its not take home pay either. i was on my mobile so i couldnt put the ‘if’ in big bold letters

DrivingMissDaisy:

BIG AW:
they pay the jocks for the extra day at new year but not the southern lads ■■?

That’s because there’s a Bank holiday in Scotland at New Year?

and there will be a bank holiday in the spring that probably be paid in England, but not in Scotland. Some folk on here need gearsticks on their gobs.

Yes and some folk need to put there brain in gear as far as i,am aware scotland get the same summer bank holidays as uk and an extra one at new year the point i was making is that the non scottish WHM emploees dont get paid a bank hol rate if they work but the scots do :unamused: :unamused:

BIG AW:
Yes and some folk need to put there brain in gear as far as i,am aware scotland get the same summer bank holidays as uk and an extra one at new year the point i was making is that the non scottish WHM emploees dont get paid a bank hol rate if they work but the scots do :unamused: :unamused:

A bank holiday in Scotland isn’t a bank holiday in england so if you’re working for an English depot why would you want paying for a bank holiday in Scotland when it isnt in England :confused:

I know what your saying but its the same firm two drivers can be working on said bank holiday one on dt one on normal rate and they seems a bit daft to me a driver from gatanby can be in scotland on normal rate and a scot can be in england on dt the non scottish drivers dont like it

BIG AW:
I know what your saying but its the same firm two drivers can be working on said bank holiday one on dt one on normal rate and they seems a bit daft to me a driver from gatanby can be in scotland on normal rate and a scot can be in england on dt the non scottish drivers dont like it

its the same when theres a bank holiday in England, English drivers get dt and Scottish get normal so whats the problem

bigdavidg:

BIG AW:

its the same when theres a bank holiday in England, English drivers get dt and Scottish get normal so whats the problem

precisely. Same at Stobarts.

happysack:

bigdavidg:

BIG AW:

precisely. Same at Stobarts.

not when scots get an extra day B/H when theres an UK bank hol every ones the same

No no no no no no no. you will find that one of the holidays, possibly may day isn’t a Scottish bank holiday. Scotland and England have the same amount of bank holidays in a year.

As far as I am aware everybody is entitled to 8 Bank Holidays per year.
Where I work Scotland, we get 2 Christmas/2 New Year/2 Easter and 2 May. Total 8.
English get 2 Christmas/1 New Year/2 Easter/2 May/ 1 August. Total 8
No trickery here, we all get the same number of Bank Holidays.